Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yes but we need a lock, not a hooker or centre. Unless you are saying lock is a spine position?

Secondly, these kids need to play where they will stay at the club. Pushing Fainu to centre, he may look for half opportunities at other clubs.
Well, as long as he is playing first grade, in a winning team, with his mates then they will all stay for a little while at least..

Reactions: 851
Interesting to see Shaun Blore can't make the Storm starting 17 for a third week yet Kane Bradley cam.

Kane has killed it in preseason, one if the best trainers. Has moved from wing to the backrow - very deserved spot.

Blore metrics are improving in training probably 2-4 weeks away from the standards they have which says abit about Wests Tigers training.

Regardless if Blore was here he would be starting 17 every week.

Well, as long as he is playing first grade, in a winning team, with his mates then they will all stay for a little while at least..
Sorry mate, but for a player that can command $700k+ as a half, they are not going to want to take $500k as a centre.

In any case, we need to find a way to have both Fainu and Galvin on the field and around the ball.

Kane has killed it in preseason, one if the best trainers. Has moved from wing to the backrow - very deserved spot.

Blore metrics are improving in training probably 2-4 weeks away from the standards they have which says abit about Wests Tigers training.

Regardless if Blore was here he would be starting 17 every week.
Love dems mad trainers like Bradley and Seyfarth.

Agree

The kid wants to play 6

He doesn’t have the frame for 13 bc he’s too young.

He would be wasted as an Isiah yeoh who just digs into the line

He would probably leave if he was forced to play in the middle bc it would mean more tackling and possibly shorten his career

Like - everyone needs to stop trying to be a tim sheens !

Hastings wanted to play 7 and not lock so he left and the knights make the finals lol.

Leave the kid in the halves where he will be happy and is the most effective

If we need a lock - go and buy one!

And if latu wants to leave bc he can’t get a slot then he leaves

I think we could put latu in the centers like matt burton was at Penrith and in 3 yrs time - we can sell luai to someone else for his last two years and have galvin and latu as the halves

We only needed luai for 3/4 yrs

We got stitched up on the 5 th year and we can move him on if the juniors are better at that time
Sounds like you’ve already picked a favourite out of Latu and Galvin. No double standards in that post.

Latu will force his way in somewhere once he's back.

Bud will be lucky to see out the season in my opinion.

Hooked after 45 odd minutes in the first game, yikes.
If he doesn't perform off the bench this Saturday
& Latu gets through KOE unscathed, Bud will be hard
pressed 2 get that 14 jersey back off of young Latu
provided he got a look in. If not it'll probably be Jake

NSW cup player of the year for magpies, and we send him on his way.
Wasn’t given enough game time, and when he was in those three games, he played good. Haven’t seen anyone hit holes the way he does for the tigers for a while

Was then replaced by Justin Olam, a proven winner…

Where’s the problem?

I get the size as a concern he is 10kgs under Murray & 20kgs under Yeo/Hopgood etc

Reality is we have the roster we have and we just need to get these kids playing in their position whilst we uplift other areas around them.

Agree on the load but even him at lock for 50-60mins would be a launchpad for him and better than anyone else we have on the books as a lock if he can handle the week to week runnings.

I’m focusing more on 25 than 24 results as think this year is a clear development focus year as such getting people into their 25 positions & combos is important jump starting it this season rather than next.
Need to play a style & game plans that suit the talent we have. I'm sure Galvin will fill out more yet, but we still need more firepower in front to make use of the type of 13 he might become. As for control issues, we'll potentially have 3 alpha footballers (Luai, Fainu, Galvin) all keen to steer the ship. Pay 'em enough & give them all enough input & we can make it work.

Galvin would need to move to Lock or an edge. I wouldn't be tempted to shift him to centre, mainly because he won't see enough ball. He would then offer cover for the halves during games or injuries/suspensions.

Latu isn't as versatile. I think you can have all 3 on the field in this structure.

The issue is that halves get lots of money, so would be be willing to sit at 13?
I reckon you pay your best players accordingly, regardless of position. The bigger issue might be satisfying their ambitions to run the team.

Back