Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The 26 signed for '25 doesn't include Tumeth or Stefano.

Check the image.

Remove Nofa makes 29 currently & 26 for 2025

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_142850.jpg
    IMG_20240327_142850.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 13
I agree.
We need big fast athletes, give us David Fifita, Zac Lomax, James Schiller and Trey Mooney and we would quickly become a team who opposition fears.
The other non negotiable in recruitment & retention that Richo raised in the podcast that Benji is a big on, is strength of character/leadership or however you want to put it. Apparently that's why Galvin & Heath Mason are held in very high regard, and Nofa got the boot.

Depends how ruthless we are for mine I would happily let go of Naden Toa staines and as much as it hurts douhei. I don't think any of them are truly modern first-graders atm. My question is what other team would they start or come off the bench for I can't one.

If you picked up dave fifita with some money chipped in surely you do it, He is exactly what we lack, a devastating ball runner who over the last year has improved his work rate as well. Shocked people wouldn't. Imagine him running off luai, wowzer that's delicious
I think Richo would be more than happy to move on all of Staines, Toa, Naden and Doueihi. They've all peaked, wont be improving. They're all depth players, when really we need our youngsters to be depth players and sign stars to the first team

There is absolutely 0 chance we sign someone as disruptive as Fifita.

Richo pulled out of signing Fonua Blake because he thought we have a strong crop of young forwards that will be needing upgrades. I doubt he will re evaluate and end up spending more on Fifita than he would of with Fonua Blake.

Jayden Sua would be the one I think we should try for.

I agree with you on Lomax, I've been saying we need him for over a year at this point.
Potential rep level right centre that can kick, also adds the height we don't ever have.
Su’a is a slug compared to Fifita, chalk and cheese.
Unless it’s a major upgrade we should be keeping the 2 back rowers we currently have.

Last edited:
The other non negotiable in recruitment & retention that Richo raised in the podcast that Benji is a big on, is strength of character/leadership or however you want to put it. Apparently that's why Galvin & Heath Mason are held in very high regard, and Nofa got the boot.
Character is fine, but not every player in the squad needs to be Captain material either. You need 1-2 hard edged tough guys, and leadership isn't usually high up on their skill sets, at least not until they get older....

I think Richo would be more than happy to move on all of Staines, Toa, Naden and Doueihi. They've all peaked, wont be improving. They're all depth players, when really we need our youngsters to be depth players and sign stars to the first team
When including Staines keep in mind you need at least one winger who’s in the higher echelon in regards to speed. If he goes where are you finding someone else better who is just as quick ?

Character is fine, but not every player in the squad needs to be Captain material either. You need 1-2 hard edged tough guys, and leadership isn't usually high up on their skill sets, at least not until they get older....
Probably moreso meaning dedication to succeed, self drive, team work, family morals, self discipline etc. A pre-season would expose who has these in the squad.

People say get rid Stains who still has 2yrs left on his contract, Bateman still has 2yrs left after this year & Naden has another 2yrs after this year & Doueihi has this year. I think it would cost us a packet to get rid of theses players.
Why would it cost anything, we paid out Nofoaluma without any consequences to our Salary Cap?
If you have a chance to sign players such as David Fifita, Zac Lomax and the emerging James Schiller and Trey Mooney, you move heaven & earth to fit them in.

We'd be nuts if we dont have a crack at Fifita we need some good back rowers by next season. I've heard we will lose a 2nd rower or two by the end of the season .. (Blore's gone .. another 1 to go maybe .. ;-)) It's tipped he'll end up at Canberra as they have offered he and his sister good contracts for next season. Yes sister plays in the NRLW comp for the Titans.

Bud seems to be the odd man out... 4 years @ $500K... I think for a half someone will pick that up. Titans, Dogs, Dragons plus others.

Sezer is a hard one. If Bud goes I'd keep him for depth for sure. Steer & grow our younger blokes in NSW Cup in 2025.

Toa, Naden or Staines one could go.

I do like the above who said Fifita, Lomax, Schiller & Mooney.

1. Bula
2. Schiller
3. Faataape/Lomax
4. Olam
5. Staines/Naden/Toa
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoiukamanu
9. Korosaui
10. Klemmer
11. Fifita
12. Bateman
13. Papali'i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. S Fainu
17. Pole
18. Twal/Seyfarth
19. Da Silva
20. Sezer

Plus a heap of promising juniors!

We'd be nuts if we dont have a crack at Fifita we need some good back rowers by next season. I've heard we will lose a 2nd rower or two by the end of the season .. (Blore's gone .. another 1 to go maybe .. ;-)) It's tipped he'll end up at Canberra as they have offered he and his sister good contracts for next season. Yes sister plays in the NRLW comp for the Titans.
Hopefully the 2nd backrower to go is Kepaoa who is off contract anyway.

The 26 signed for '25 doesn't include Tumeth or Stefano.

I know some have mentioned over the past couple of months that Tumeth & Matamua might be being looked at to be moved on.

I just hope this isn't the case. They are both 21 and were elevated to top 30 maybe prematurely but during a regime a bit sensitive to losing any more local juniors.

I think both still have a lot of development in them but importantly have loads of ability for their age.

It might be the same conversation for Jordan Miller in 12 months time but forwards do take longer to develop especially physically. Miller reminds me of a young Sam Kasiano in body shape.

Bud seems to be the odd man out... 4 years @ $500K... I think for a half someone will pick that up. Titans, Dogs, Dragons plus others.

Sezer is a hard one. If Bud goes I'd keep him for depth for sure. Steer & grow our younger blokes in NSW Cup in 2025.

Toa, Naden or Staines one could go.

I do like the above who said Fifita, Lomax, Schiller & Mooney.

1. Bula
2. Schiller
3. Faataape/Lomax
4. Olam
5. Staines/Naden/Toa
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoiukamanu
9. Korosaui
10. Klemmer
11. Fifita
12. Bateman
13. Papali'i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. S Fainu
17. Pole
18. Twal/Seyfarth
19. Da Silva
20. Sezer

Plus a heap of promising juniors!
That looks like a dangerous team.

I know some have mentioned over the past couple of months that Tumeth & Matamua might be being looked at to be moved on.

I just hope this isn't the case. They are both 21 and were elevated to top 30 maybe prematurely but during a regime a bit sensitive to losing any more local juniors.

I think both still have a lot of development in them but importantly have loads of ability for their age.

It might be the same conversation for Jordan Miller in 12 months time but forwards do take longer to develop especially physically. Miller reminds me of a young Sam Kasiano in body shape.
I agree with Matamua and Tumeth, both are still very young for forwards, both I assume would be on a minimum wage which allows us the spend more on other top 30 squad members and both have showed signs of improvement so far this season.
I’m very worried Miller won’t live up to his reputation as his lateral movement is very poor which makes him a liability when defending.

He's being Groomed to be the Long Term Fullback at Parra with Gutho to go to Centre...

Fullback at a club like Parra
Centre at the Tigers...

- I'll let you set your own odds....
I was not impressed watching him last week , he looks very small

When including Staines keep in mind you need at least one winger who’s in the higher echelon in regards to speed. If he goes where are you finding someone else better who is just as quick ?
Do you really need that? So far, I haven't seen Staines' speed serve any purpose at WT.

I've seen both Tupou and Bula chase down players from breaks but not Staines yet.

IMO we need to find a way to use his speed, if we can't do that we're better off with a metre eater winger.

Hearing Olam speak on Mansours podcast, mentioning his connection with Fox, a couple of times....

Maybe worth a shout...
Where there's smoke, there is fire.
Don't think Dogs would stand in his way.

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox

Back