Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Zac Lomax officially available from 2025
I think it'll be down to Roosters or us. His ex-gf Jess Sergis at the Roosters so that may count against them.

If he was keen to play under Benji, we would have to do some clever finances given Dragons said they won't contribute. Maybe a 3 year deal with $800k in each of first two years & $400k in his 3rd so it averages $660k.

Or we get a 3rd party to contribute $200k each year.

He's no more than a $600-$650k player really.

Thoughts?

Got to say:

I was wrong about Sezer. Totally wrong.
I had thought he would turn up like many returning EPL players. Unable to cope with League, heck I actually liked him when he was here with the Titans etc.
The guy has been outstanding for us. Sure not as good a halfback as say Reynolds/mm/Cleary/DCE... But an actual halfback and a better fit then Hastings and others we have had.

I was dead set right about Justin Olam.
Man the guy is a joy to watch. $450k from Melbourne for a GUN center.
We truly needed an upgrade on our backline and Olam just fits the bill. So good to watch him play.
You see how under-appreciated Api is, giving good ball to all the players around him and so few make use of it.

Api sees Olam -> try time.

Such a difference with these two in our squad

Got to say:

I was wrong about Sezer. Totally wrong.
I had thought he would turn up like many returning EPL players. Unable to cope with League, heck I actually liked him when he was here with the Titans etc.
The guy has been outstanding for us. Sure not as good a halfback as say Reynolds/mm/Cleary/DCE... But an actual halfback and a better fit then Hastings and others we have had.

I was dead set right about Justin Olam.
Man the guy is a joy to watch. $450k from Melbourne for a GUN center.
We truly needed an upgrade on our backline and Olam just fits the bill. So good to watch him play.
You see how under-appreciated Api is, giving good ball to all the players around him and so few make use of it.

Api sees Olam -> try time.

Such a difference with these two in our squad
Great post.

There was many who were wrong about Sezar.
Benji said he has something to prove.
It's great to see him doing well.

The Mebourne CEO job is a much easier job than the Tigers CEO job. Don't think it's to much of an issue but he needs to deliver on his promise to bring the club success.
yea, and YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD>....

I don't think CEO is or should be as key as the head Coach.
The head coach should be breathing life into the football side, doing what is necessary and getting the team going. Like Flanno with the Sharks, the board had no money, so he rented a truck and drove Gym equipment up from Melbourne where a Gyn was closing... Sharks go from Spooners to finals.

Yet you see a CEO like Phil Gould. He turned around Penrith, really built the junior pathways, made enemies and hard decisions. got involved and got people in and kept the good players.... But was a total arse about it, As Gould is a total arse at the Bulldogs...

You are right, to take a team from 17th to 12th is harder then taking a team from 8th to 4th. No one should be wanting to come to a team coming 17th.

Melbourne, to keep them in the top 4 for as long as they have is an incredible effort. Turning us around would be as amazing.

Alofiana Khan-Pereria dropped this week and apparently getting on the bad side of Des.

They need some halves more than anybody in the competition….. maybe Des would listen to a Sullivan for Khan-Pereria swap with Foran extremely close to retirement and Tannah Boyd seeming to be a massive liability.

Hasn’t played that well to start the year but when you’re a winger and your forwards are getting rolled through the middle it’s hard to make an impact.

In 23 games in his rookie season he scored 20 tries……. I’d personally at least reach out.

Alofiana Khan-Pereria dropped this week and apparently getting on the bad side of Des.

They need some halves more than anybody in the competition….. maybe Des would listen to a Sullivan for Khan-Pereria swap with Foran extremely close to retirement and Tannah Boyd seeming to be a massive liability.

Hasn’t played that well to start the year but when you’re a winger and your forwards are getting rolled through the middle it’s hard to make an impact.

In 23 games in his rookie season he scored 20 tries……. I’d personally at least reach out.
Nothing against Sullivan, but with fainu, Galvin and Luai in our squad next year there's just no room for his contract. If we can get rid of him for nothing I'd take that.

I'm a fan of AkP.

He's fast and a great attacking player.
Good shout that one.

They have a lot of backs.
Ken Muanalo !? 😆

Take Khan-Pereria in a heartbeat
Think Nicho Hynes gave him a wrap recently too.

Last edited:
Lomax would be exactly what the club wants in the way of outside backs, but we have to be mindful of any baggage + money in the cap + Makasini, Large, Willett and Laulili'i's path to first grade.

I think it probably comes down to contract length and being where we are his management are going to ask for something long term, and I'd be wary of that. no doubt they're pushing for four years minimum, when three at maximum is ideally all we'd give.

a lot to play out. interested to see whether we come to the table, but I'd prefer Turuva. that's just me.

great shout. he would be exactly what we need on the left wing.

Sullivan doesn’t strike me as a Des type of player. Can’t see Des wanting him either.

Might not be a bad idea to loan Latu Fainu there for the season for development purposes. He would have a relationship with Des from his time at Manly. Would also give Latu some consistent first grade and would come back next season and move into that 14 role with Luai and Galvin in the halves.

Lomax is a gun and would go well under Benji. Eels want him which makes zero sense to me. I’d be making a big offer for Blaize Talagi he has an option I read and can negotiate after round 6.

Lomax is a gun and would go well under Benji. Eels want him which makes zero sense to me. I’d be making a big offer for Blaize Talagi he has an option I read and can negotiate after round 6.
He’s a 6 though. We’re covered.

Reactions: 851
Back