Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'm just stating my opinion that I'm not a fan of luai, don't like the bloke ,not convinced he'll be a good signing he's won 3 comps most likely 4 by the time he comes here and take our retirement fund, as usual you can't have an opinion on here without personal attacks, would love to meet some of these keyboard cowards up here in taree
We havent seen that with Api or Olam and of the three including Jerome, hed be the last player Id think would pull that stunt...hes too competitive and with guys like Api, Olam, Galvin, Jonneh Bula & co around him...he wont be slackin off

Waste of a top 30 spot. Especially if Fainu makes the same impression Galvin has, If Sezar still has something to offer, why stick around here being number 4 in the pecking order? There are other clubs who would prioritise him.
He may be happy in the alleged pecking order, may be happy with his coin- happy with the environment, culture, team mates and the style of footy theyre all playing.
Not easy starting all over again at a new gig

BREAKING NEWS
Wests tigers have singed to many good players for next year how will they find room for the 3 Time premierships winning state of origin level halfback tough times ahead for the tigers

Seriously this is pretty much a story nrl journalism these days is a complete joke

BREAKING NEWS
Wests tigers have singed to many good players for next year how will they find room for the 3 Time premierships winning state of origin level halfback tough times ahead for the tigers

Seriously this is pretty much a story nrl journalism these days is a complete joke
Absolute rot .if we lose a game they will jump all over us again

In regards to Wests Tigers potentially having good well paid halves playing NSW Cup next season due the depth of talent, we are not the only ones, there are some very good halves currently playing NSW Cup.
I won’t name them all, but Toby Sexton is definitely NRL quality, not many can work out why he’s being left out in favour of Drew Hutchinson at the Bulldogs.
Similar story for Lachlan Illias at the Rabbitohs.
Ethan Sanders at the Eels and Keagan Russell-Smith currently with Storm feeder club the North Sydney Bears are two other young guns who look to be NRL quality within the next season or two.
It’s more the salaries we are paying some players who may not make our NRL squad next season which is the issue due the effect that may have on our Salary Cap.

If we were looking for a destination to send Bud you'd think Gus would be available every day of the week to take that call at the Dogs.

Bud, to me, seems like a perfect fit at the Bulldogs, they need that livewire exciting sort of player in the halves. They'd probably need to offload a player to take him on but they have signed a range of average NRL utilities and I'm sure one of them would suit the needs of our squad.

I thought the signing of Bud was good. Easy with hindsight to say it wasn't. But we had absolutely no halves at the time. Galvin hadn't yet had his offseason and his start to 1st grade and we hadn't signed luai. The only dubious aspect is the 4 year length. There just seems no benefit for that for a player trying to prove himself. But even now I think he's a player and a contract who could be moved on given the shortage of quality halves.

Agree that surplus halves is definitely not an issue in the current halves (or lack of) market. Offers great depth (especially with a few young halves who will have ups and downs in form and miss games to injury). Offers terrific leverage for trades as there will always be clubs looking for change in the halves.

I see no reason to panic and make a call on who might be surplus. Let Fainu, Bud and Galvin all play some games to better judge where they fit. It blocks other teams who are desperate for new halves and then we can cherry pick a trade for a vital other position (back row, prop, wing, centre) as we identify upgrade options elsewhere in our 13.

Heck, if the players like the direction the club is going in and want to play with each other there is also every chance they will be willing to play in their non preferred positions to make the overall lineup stronger. Think players like Manu at Easts who would prefer fullback or 5/8 but has played centre for the overall team fit. The good clubs have players bide their time and work their way up through positions (eg: come into grade on the wing and work your way up over a few years). No reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for this team first culture.

Would love Sezer to stay on next year, too. Would imagine his salary would be very reasonable and he offers mentoring for the KOE team and our young gun halves, a great figure around training, and a perfect fill in at NRL if required.
Great post, when we signed Sezer it was reported we paid him $200,000 - $250,000 but who knows.

At the start of the year before a ball was kicked I said we should sell sullivan and everyone jumped on me here.

Bc as I said - if bud has a bad game he’s a dud.

After we signed Luai the only way he could stay here is if he was like dally M killing it bc we would block our juniors.

Now we’re pretty much fffffd.

He’s worth $250-$300k today.

We paid him $550k for 4 yrs for someone the dragons didn’t even want lol!

We basically have to wait until a coach gets sooooo desperate that he needs a creative spark and might take a punt on him.

With the comp pretty close tho not sure we’re going to see that for a while unless the titans keep losing.

They’re probably the only hope we have rn.

Hope he kills it next two weeks or his value going to go lower

NRL 360 said even though Galvin is signed for a couple more years.. the WTs will look to upgrade and extend his contract this year. I would be keeping Galvin at 5/8 for the next few years.
The Fainu brothers look like keepers. Latu can cover hooker, halves, short stint in the middle. He should be looked at as the 14 going forward.

In regards to Wests Tigers potentially having good well paid halves playing NSW Cup next season due the depth of talent, we are not the only ones, there are some very good halves currently playing NSW Cup.
I won’t name them all, but Toby Sexton is definitely NRL quality, not many can work out why he’s being left out in favour of Drew Hutchinson at the Bulldogs.
Similar story for Lachlan Illias at the Rabbitohs.
Ethan Sanders at the Eels and Keagan Russell-Smith currently with Storm feeder club the North Sydney Bears are two other young guns who look to be NRL quality within the next season or two.
It’s more the salaries we are paying some players who may not make our NRL squad next season which is the issue due the effect that may have on our Salary Cap.
There is a lot of pressure on young halves which highlights Galvin's talents and how well he has performed. Fainu although a different player to Galvin has that same level of confidence in his ability plus he is a good size, has excellent pace and is a strong defender. Sanders played in the same NSW U19 as Fainu's but in that game I recall Fainu subtle passing which put players into space plus he is a threat to the defence with his pace. Sanders apparently is going to the Raiders but I am unsure as to whether he has the pace which makes Fainu such a threat? Perhaps you can advise? Sexton was at the GC previously but was let go to the Dogs.

NRL 360 said even though Galvin is signed for a couple more years.. the WTs will look to upgrade and extend his contract this year. I would be keeping Galvin at 5/8 for the next few years.
The Fainu brothers look like keepers. Latu can cover hooker, halves, short stint in the middle. He should be looked at as the 14 going forward.

Agree re Latu and transition him into halfback in last year of Luai’s contract

If we are doing well, he will bide his time. Different story if we are losing

Gotta have aquality contingency for Galvin..loves the club etc,and signed for another 2 years,but managed by that grub Moses....Im guessing Manly looking to grab him when DCE retires,andwe know how that COULD go as Moses manages 8 there already plus the coach

BREAKING NEWS

Its quite obvious that Douhei, possibly Sullivan and most likely Sezer wont be at the club next year. Whats wrong with having depth?

7. Luai
6. Galvin
14. Latu - he will want to stay with Samuela and if Sione gets another contract why would he want to leave.

Sullivan might become the perfect 14 who knows but its a long season and its nice to have options for a change. On here we write players off to quickly after one bad game.

Latest posts

Back