Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

At the start of the year before a ball was kicked I said we should sell sullivan and everyone jumped on me here.

Bc as I said - if bud has a bad game he’s a dud.

After we signed Luai the only way he could stay here is if he was like dally M killing it bc we would block our juniors.

Now we’re pretty much fffffd.

He’s worth $250-$300k today.

We paid him $550k for 4 yrs for someone the dragons didn’t even want lol!

We basically have to wait until a coach gets sooooo desperate that he needs a creative spark and might take a punt on him.

With the comp pretty close tho not sure we’re going to see that for a while unless the titans keep losing.

They’re probably the only hope we have rn.

Hope he kills it next two weeks or his value going to go lower
You're wildly overestimating the number of clubs that are set in the halves. Off the top of my head, the Sharks, Dragons, Bulldogs, Titans, Souths and Knights all have reason not to be totally happy with their starting halves and several others have absolutely no depth. $500k is nothing for a starting half nowadays and wouldn't be a disaster for a backup.

In a world where Drew Hutchison, Matt Burton (as a 5/8), Tyson Gamble, Kyle Flanagan, Dean Hawkins, Lachlan Ilias, Tanah Boyd, the reanimated corpse of Kieran Foran, Jamal Fogarty, Ethan Strange, Braydon Trindall and Blaize Talagi (as a 5/8) are all getting starts, we're not going to struggle to find someone to take a punt on Sullivan.

We havent seen that with Api or Olam and of the three including Jerome, hed be the last player Id think would pull that stunt...hes too competitive and with guys like Api, Olam, Galvin, Jonneh Bula & co around him...he wont be slackin off
Hey ink I hope I'm proven wrong about him, just not a fan of the bloke

Gotta have aquality contingency for Galvin..loves the club etc,and signed for another 2 years,but managed by that grub Moses....Im guessing Manly looking to grab him when DCE retires,andwe know how that COULD go as Moses manages 8 there already plus the coach

they should have contingencies for any player leaving … but …

At the end of the day… the decision is up to Galvin where he plays … not his Manager … Moses only gets 10 percent regardless of which club his client plays at …

Provided the Tigers match any dollars , and most importantly they are in the mix for a Premiership with Coaching and Leadership stability off the field … then you think he would want to stay at the Tigers playing with his mates …

Taree? Ooh…oh no. Bad areas man. Bad areas.

I’m from Forster - where the real OGs are from. Don’t come down to my bowling club. This is what we do to the out of towners.

One mile is my favourite beach ever. Love the place Tito. Lucky guy!

Reactions: 851
We are over stocked in the halves. We’re not going to be able to carry all of these guys, plus Luai in 2025. One will have to go. Sullivan is the obvious answer, but he has three years left on a contract, so if we can’t offload him, it might have to be the guy with no contract.

We are over stocked in the halves. We’re not going to be able to carry all of these guys, plus Luai in 2025. One will have to go. Sullivan is the obvious answer, but he has three years left on a contract, so if we can’t offload him, it might have to be the guy with no contract.

I had no issues with our stockpile of halves for next year....
There's just none around.
Blokes like Sexton is in his 4th year in Grade and Playing ressies this weekend...
A decent half will always get a gig and could be even used in a trade to benefit us.

I had no issue with the Halves we have signed, Until I saw Bud Play for us....

Sezer can be kept around the club though. If his form keeps up we can't drop him, the only reason I'd let him go is if he gets a big offer from another club which is in our favour. Then we can also look to let go of Sullivan if that is possible to free up cap space. Eventually in the next 2 or 3 years I'm sure Klemmer will be let go of, regardless of form, as there will hopefully be a boom young forward coming through

Sezer can be kept around the club though. If his form keeps up we can't drop him, the only reason I'd let him go is if he gets a big offer from another club which is in our favour. Then we can also look to let go of Sullivan if that is possible to free up cap space. Eventually in the next 2 or 3 years I'm sure Klemmer will be let go of, regardless of form, as there will hopefully be a boom young forward coming through
If you don’t think he should be dropped, who do you propose being the 6 and 7 next year? Sezer and Luai? Don’t think that’s going to work.

Sezer can be kept around the club though. If his form keeps up we can't drop him, the only reason I'd let him go is if he gets a big offer from another club which is in our favour. Then we can also look to let go of SullivanEventually in the next 2 or 3 years I'm sure Klemmer will be let go of, regardless of form, as there will hopefully be a boom young forward coming through

Klemmer is off contract end 2026 I believe … so will be gone then regardless …

Will that ultimately be 1 year too long is the question …

We know that whilst it’s easy to say they can “let go“ or ”move on ” these guys early…it does seem to be something the club has difficulty doing in comparison to other clubs eg Dogs..

We have seen before with Packer and McQueen that some players will just dig in and play NSW Cup whilst collecting their inflated pay check every month

If you don’t think he should be dropped, who do you propose being the 6 and 7 next year? Sezer and Luai? Don’t think that’s going to work.
I mean dropped completely as in not offered the extra year in his player option or getting sold (although for a good price maybe). I think people are jumping the gun. People still need to remember it's only ROUND 4. Fainu will get game time at 6 or even 7 maybe if Sezer gets injured. Sullivan could have a turn of form. Galvin could be targeted heavily by other teams now that the media have made him a 'superstar' and the pressure will be on him just as it was on Brooks, Schuster, Suaalii and other young talents who were hyped up early on. Galvin has had the perfect start. As of now, my halves combination would be Galvin 7 (right side of the field), Luai 6 (left side) playing like a Munster/Hughes halves combination which is a bit more balanced. Not what Sezer is doing now on the right side. Luai's kicking game isn't as strong and the last thing we need is him kicking on his less dominant side of the field going towards defenders rather than away

I mean dropped completely as in not offered the extra year in his player option or getting sold (although for a good price maybe). I think people are jumping the gun. People still need to remember it's only ROUND 4. Fainu will get game time at 6 or even 7 maybe if Sezer gets injured. Sullivan could have a turn of form. Galvin could be targeted heavily by other teams now that the media have made him a 'superstar' and the pressure will be on him just as it was on Brooks, Schuster, Suaalii and other young talents who were hyped up early on. Galvin has had the perfect start. As of now, my halves combination would be Galvin 7 (right side of the field), Luai 6 (left side) playing like a Munster/Hughes halves combination which is a bit more balanced. Not what Sezer is doing now on the right side. Luai's kicking game isn't as strong and the last thing we need is him kicking on his less dominant side of the field going towards defenders rather than away
It’s bleedingly obvious who our halves will be in 2025. Do we see value in him as a back up? Maybe. But there are clubs out there with much worse halves who could offer him a starting spot for a year.

The guy is a key player. Yes we’ve got an abundance of halves but I’d be keeping him involved easily. I’d piss Sullivan off unless he proves otherwise. An old controlled head at the helm of the ship is what we need.
I think the perfect role for him is captaining the NSW cup team at halfback with Sullivan/Fainu as his 5/8. When Luai gets injured in 2025 or if he somehow plays origin again you replace him with a similar experienced left footed half in Sezer. Once Sezer is a bit old and let's say he plays poor in reserve grade, don't offer him a new contract. If he kills it, offer him a 1 or 2 year contract (he'll be quite old by 2026) on low money. No need to overspend particularly with Galvin still waiting for a contract

It’s bleedingly obvious who our halves will be in 2025. Do we see value in him as a back up? Maybe. But there are clubs out there with much worse halves who could offer him a starting spot for a year.
That's what I'm talking about. But Sezer has had a very positive contribution to the team and if it continues throughout 2024 we should let him play another year in NSW Cup unless a big offer comes from another team

Do you really think he would take that when there are clubs like the Dragons, Titans and Bulldogs in need of halves?
Again it would depend on him if he prefers to play reserve grade at the money we offered compared to the money offered by desperate clubs. A tricky but good situation to be in

As we knew when luai was signed, it was very dumb to sign him for 5 years from 2025.... 3 sure. A lot can change in 12 months....
Well if Benji said he would change the culture of the team and be the guy to build the club around, I doubt 3 years would be convincing. I'd prefer Benji to put his full faith and go all in rather than go half hearted. If he didn't believe in Jarome's abilities, don't sign him at all. After all, a number of halves like DCE, Reynolds, and Hunt have got better as they got older

You're wildly overestimating the number of clubs that are set in the halves. Off the top of my head, the Sharks, Dragons, Bulldogs, Titans, Souths and Knights all have reason not to be totally happy with their starting halves and several others have absolutely no depth. $500k is nothing for a starting half nowadays and wouldn't be a disaster for a backup.

In a world where Drew Hutchison, Matt Burton (as a 5/8), Tyson Gamble, Kyle Flanagan, Dean Hawkins, Lachlan Ilias, Tanah Boyd, the reanimated corpse of Kieran Foran, Jamal Fogarty, Ethan Strange, Braydon Trindall and Blaize Talagi (as a 5/8) are all getting starts, we're not going to struggle to find someone to take a punt on Sullivan.
lol.

That’s a big possilble over estimation.

In the world of league and business I’m just conservative and always paranoid.

Someone taking a 4 yr contract is going to want a huge discount.

It’s the length more than the money.

Hope you’re right but I doubt it unless he kills it the next two weeks whilst galvin is out.

If he sucks again we’re fffd

I don’t think the halves dilemma is a big deal
All halves were signed before Luai agreed
Sezer is signed for this year (+ mutual option)
Latu and bud 1st grade abilities were/are unknown at this stage.
So 2025 it will likely be Luai - 7 and galvin - 6 with Latu 14
Sezer the backup in cup on low contract if he wants to stay
OR
Sezer - 7 and Luai -6 with Galvin 14
Latu the backup in cup
Bud to moved on or happy to be 6 in cup

So in real terms tigers only have one excess half depending on what happens to Sezer next year. The bud contract $$ is the other issue

I was wrong on Olam but not on Sezar... With Juzza I was concerned he was broken, that his body had finally copped enough from the high intensity collisions.he plays with... I thought Melb knew this too sending him to Q cup, but just before the trials I jumped on board everyone else that was positive about him though deep inside. I still had the niging doubt

So many here had written Sezar off, I like all of us had no idea how he wod go... All new recruits are a bit of a gamble but I remained positive with him, wanted to see him have a few runs at least. He's been very good for us lately and no doubt we'll have our tough periods and down time where the team, both players or one or the other all struggle and find it tough, toughest comp in the world and it's hard for these guys to remain at their best... All. We can do is support as much as possible and enjoy these good times - they've been so rare in the recent past
He will get injured soon I have watched him since he was the hottest kid coming through nearly always misses 4/6 games a year

Back