Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I also don't think 13 is what we'll be in the market for.

I have a gut feeling that Latu Fainu maybe the guy as he will physically develop into a real nugget, is already one of the best wrestlers at the club, very good defensively and could be given a license to roam as well as link.

Just a gut feeling!
In the short term that could be a very good option.
Also just because the likes of Yeo generally play the full 80 minutes, doesn’t mean it’s an 80 minute role.
I don’t see a problem with others such as Pole or Seyfarth spending some game time at 13, just it would be nice to have someone with a lot more attacking flair play 13 for at least some parts of each game.

Fair enough everyone sees things differently.
He’s no world beater, but I believe as a back uk option he’s much better than what we currently have and what I can tell you there is a distinct lack of depth when trying to find decent good edge back rowers.
plenty around, just very few that arent tied up elsewhere long term. From those available:

Hohepa Puru is probably the pick of the bunch for mine MO next season at Canberra (honestly having him and Mooney in the same reserve grade pack is ridiculous).
Dan Russell (Dragons) probably the next best coming off contract and the most achievable. At Dragons both the Couchman boys and Dylan Egan all look to be good prospects but contracted til 25. There development increases likelihood of Russell being available.
Mason Teague (Dolphins) is more a smaller middle that could do a job on an edge. He is a step above QCup. Similar Kalani Going (Warriors).
Jacob Alick (Titans) Has a stellar QCup resume and looks the goods every preseason. Just never seems to get a crack at first grade.
Anyone else in reserve grade unsigned next year i probably wouldn't look twice at. Possibly some up and comers in Flegg that may be of interest, but i havent watched any flegg, highlights even, this year.

plenty around, just very few that arent tied up elsewhere long term. From those available:

Hohepa Puru is probably the pick of the bunch for mine MO next season at Canberra (honestly having him and Mooney in the same reserve grade pack is ridiculous).
Dan Russell (Dragons) probably the next best coming off contract and the most achievable. At Dragons both the Couchman boys and Dylan Egan all look to be good prospects but contracted til 25. There development increases likelihood of Russell being available.
Mason Teague (Dolphins) is more a smaller middle that could do a job on an edge. He is a step above QCup. Similar Kalani Going (Warriors).
Jacob Alick (Titans) Has a stellar QCup resume and looks the goods every preseason. Just never seems to get a crack at first grade.
Anyone else in reserve grade unsigned next year i probably wouldn't look twice at. Possibly some up and comers in Flegg that may be of interest, but i havent watched any flegg, highlights even, this year.
Some interesting names there.
I’ve thought Dan Russell would be ok as a depth signing. He went ok when playing NRL for the Dragons last season, but now stuck behind a massive log jam of back rowers. Only concern with him is his age, he’s now in his late 20’s and we don’t really want players in the twilight of their career taking up positions in our lower grades.
Hohepa Puru looks a very natural ball playing 13 who is unlikely to get much NRL game time at the Raiders. I’d take him in a heart beat, I think he’s got much more value than all our young up and coming 13’s.
Teague an interesting one as he’s a Sydney boy up at the Dolphins. From the little I’ve seen of him, I think Puru is more talented.

Last edited:
3 players is what Richardson has suggested.

Liam Knight, Isaiah Tass & Tesi Niu
I'd honestly rather we just go out and try to get a gun centre like Lomax.Know he's not as popular due to his price range and what's currently happening with him seeking a release from the Dragons, but he and Olam would be a great pairing - the latter has shown he's still quite capable - until our juniors come through/up to grade.
Another second rower ofc. is the other essential requirement IMO.

Schuster is a no go for Tigers. We need outside backs of top quality. Upgrade and extend Lachie Galvin, upgrade extend and remove get out clause for Uto. Upgrade and extend Pole by November. Faagutu is also off contract next year. Papalli is also off contract next year and Bateman is no lock to see out his contract.

Edge back row is a key position we may need to fill for 2026 or earlier either within or by signing free agents. I doubt Papalli and Bateman are long term options.

Not sure of our cap position but young forwards have overtaken Klemmer. We have too many halves so Sullivan is the odd man out. Douiheis contract ends this year which is big.

Looks like most of tigers work will be looking after our own players.
I think ur wrong somewhat , I think we have enough backs to scrap through, but we don’t have the forwards to cover , samual and Bateman been out and should we lose 3-4 at the one time , gee it would mean we could end up getting trashed. Really we only have 2 forwards who might make it to 1st grade , we need to get more hard heads , just may take

Its funny how u can go and pick out players that could improve our team yet for some reason we never seem to sign players like u mentioned, but other clubs jump on them and get great mileage out of them , see if u can email benji with ur list 👌

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
No evidence to show his defence would be up to scratch as a centre.
In saying that he’s young and runs the ball very well, so it could be worth a go.
I still think a big physical presence at right centre would be a better fit, James Schiller a name that keeps popping up, obviously Lomax with the query on value for money and another I believe is definite NRL quality but currently not getting a look in at the Titans is Aaron Schoupp.

Turuva was playing center in NSW Cup whilst Staines pushed him out of the fullback spot. He handled it more than fine.

Reactions: 851

JOSIAH KARAPANI (Broncos, centre)
JAMES SCHILLER (Raiders, wing)
TREY MOONEY (Raiders, lock)
JERAL SKELTON (Bulldogs, centre)
KAYAL IRO (Sharks, centre)
KULIKEFU FINEFEUIAKI (Cowboys, backrow)
SEMI VALEMEI (Cowboys, wing)
SUNIA TURUVA (Panthers, utility back)
ALEC TUITAVAKE (Dragons, Prop)
JAYDN SU'A (Dragons, backrow)

These are some names we should be looking at. Obviously we can't sign them all, but se should be seriously considering some of them.

Karapani was supposed to be the next big thing at South's then left to the Broncos and has been playing Q cup.

I'd love us to sign Suruva & Valemei, both walk into our backline and improve us. Fiji connection with Api and Bula, as well as the family link with Api and Suruva.

Rest of this list are quite formidably, a few I think are probably unlikely, such as Iro (he'll probably re sign with the sharks) and the weapon backrower from NQ (they'll do everything to keep him) but we should still throw our hats in the ring even if just to bring their prices up.

I think Tuitavake and Karapani would be good players we could pick up without breaking the bank, strengthen our cup squad and push for top 17. Very impressed with Tuitavake when watching him play cup recently.
Don’t agree with the hype on Turuva to short, we have enough hobbits in our backline. Looks good on a million dollar backline, so did the crap Jennings brother. Rather we targeted the Canberra duo and the cowgirls second rower of that list for me.

Back