Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How long are we gonna pretend that Seyfarth is shit for? Everyone is gonna hate me for this but he is one of the best bench forwards in the game the agenda against him needs to stop a kid coming through the juniors and being a fan of the club his whole life finding success as a player at the club he loves should be celebrated but you all hate him

I don’t care if players are born across the road or they come from Perth ..

Seyfarth tries his best … and I’m sure he is not getting paid much … so I got nothing against him personally… the problem is that due to the shitty depth at the club … he is a Top 17 player and not further down the list … where he would be pretty much any other club .. and unfortunately he is not on his own in this regard

Would you take him back??

PANTHER OFFERED UP TO BRONCOS

The Broncos reportedly turned down the services of Panthers forward Luke Garner after he was shopped to the Brisbane club.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Broncos powerbrokers have been on the lookout for backrowers.

Their transfer moves come after a hamstring injury to Brendan Piakura and the loss of Kurt Capewell to the Warriors in the off-season.

Brisbane bosses reportedly identified three targets, including Cowboys gun Jack Gosiewski, before Garner’s management approached the club.

Garner is off contract at the season’s end and it remains to be seen if he will be extended to remain at the foot of the mountain.

The Broncos reportedly baulked at his asking price, which was said to be over $300,000 per-season.

Gosiewski is reportedly the most likely man Kevin Walters could sign however he needs to have a request for an immediate release approved.

Not really what we need in my opinion. I think we need a back rower who supplants Bateman or papilii as a starter and they move to bench or middle forward in the case of papilii. Garner for me is an upgrade on Kepoa as a player on the bench who can cover second row or centre… if we move Kepoa on and signed garner, sure I guess that improves the squad but it isn’t going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t care if players are born across the road or they come from Perth ..

Seyfarth tries his best … and I’m sure he is not getting paid much … so I got nothing against him personally… the problem is that due to the shitty depth at the club … he is a Top 17 player and not further down the list … where he would be pretty much any other club .. and unfortunately he is not on his own in this regard
He’s been getting better but still a long way off from being an elite talent. Still lives in plodville.

Would you take him back??

PANTHER OFFERED UP TO BRONCOS

The Broncos reportedly turned down the services of Panthers forward Luke Garner after he was shopped to the Brisbane club.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Broncos powerbrokers have been on the lookout for backrowers.

Their transfer moves come after a hamstring injury to Brendan Piakura and the loss of Kurt Capewell to the Warriors in the off-season.

Brisbane bosses reportedly identified three targets, including Cowboys gun Jack Gosiewski, before Garner’s management approached the club.

Garner is off contract at the season’s end and it remains to be seen if he will be extended to remain at the foot of the mountain.

The Broncos reportedly baulked at his asking price, which was said to be over $300,000 per-season.

Gosiewski is reportedly the most likely man Kevin Walters could sign however he needs to have a request for an immediate release approved.

Fu$& no. Effort areas are among the worst I’ve seen.

Not really what we need in my opinion. I think we need a back rower who supplants Bateman or papilii as a starter and they move to bench or middle forward in the case of papilii. Garner for me is an upgrade on Kepoa as a player on the bench who can cover second row or centre… if we move Kepoa on and signed garner, sure I guess that improves the squad but it isn’t going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Schuster on 450k would be a master-stroke

Trai Fuller anyone? Wing, Fullback back up over Staines. Possibly centre or 14. Don't see him as a bad depth option. The bloke isn't even top 30 at Dolphins. Needed NRL exemption to play tonight.
I think clubs will be lining up for Fuller...

Will he want to leave QLD?

Has a lot to offer a team, imo.

I think clubs will be lining up for Fuller...

Will he want to leave QLD?

Has a lot to offer a team, imo.
He channeled Matty Bowen in that game. Given his age you’d have to wonder if that was a bit of a one-off. If not, why has he been stranded in lower grades!?

How long are we gonna pretend that Seyfarth is shit for? Everyone is gonna hate me for this but he is one of the best bench forwards in the game the agenda against him needs to stop a kid coming through the juniors and being a fan of the club his whole life finding success as a player at the club he loves should be celebrated but you all hate him
Yep, that's it, there's an 'agenda against him'.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that he:

- Has thus far struggled with his ball handling
- Struggles to control the ruck when in tackles
- Doesn't bend the line on impact
- Doesn't possess a notable offload
- Is barely serviceable as a link man
- is frequently pinged for marker or offside indiscretions
- Is wildly inconsistent in terms of output from week to week

He's a serviceable and versatile player who can fill a role. He puts his body on the line and competes well on effort plays.

But he's not especially strong, fast or impactful; doesn't possess a dangerous offload or skilful soft hands. He doesn't particularly whack in defence, nor does he move laterally in a manner that is impressive.

He's ok. And that's fine. We need a few ok players in our 17 each week to do a job. He's got a home there for now.

But all this talk of 'agendas' and 'hate' is so stupid. Put the pearls down and start watching football objectively.

It's not that dramatic.

Yep, that's it, there's an 'agenda against him'.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that he:

- Has thus far struggled with his ball handling
- Struggles to control the ruck when in tackles
- Doesn't bend the line on impact
- Doesn't possess a notable offload
- Is barely serviceable as a link man
- is frequently pinged for marker or offside indiscretions
- Is wildly inconsistent in terms of output from week to week

He's a serviceable and versatile player who can fill a role. He puts his body on the line and competes well on effort plays.

But he's not especially strong, fast or impactful; doesn't possess a dangerous offload or skilful soft hands. He doesn't particularly whack in defence, nor does he move laterally in a manner that is impressive.

He's ok. And that's fine. We need a few ok players in our 17 each week to do a job. He's got a home there for now.

But all this talk of 'agendas' and 'hate' is so stupid. Put the pearls down and start watching football objectively.

It's not that dramatic.

I agree there isn't an agenda as such. Why would there be? I also think the negative points you made about Alex's game are correct, however I think you have emphasised them to a far more negative degree then what is actually happening on the field just to emphasise your point. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 851
I agree there isn't an agenda as such. Why would there be? I also think the negative points you made about Alex's game are correct, however I think you have emphasised them to a far more negative degree then what is actually happening on the field just to emphasise your point. Just my opinion.
I have, you're right.

And it was more based on past form rather than current, which has him playing well. Something I'm glad about.

It was more in direct response to the ludicrous suggestions made re: agendas.

I have, you're right.

And it was more based on past form rather than current, which has him playing well. Something I'm glad about.

It was more in direct response to the ludicrous suggestions made re: agendas.
I thought the claim that he’s the best bench forward in the game was more of an eyebrow raiser

Latest posts

Back