Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s a long way from the cellar to the top bar. The 17 we have now will probably make up 40% of our team that finally makes the top four, but they will help getting us heading in the right direction.

Today for most of the game we were in the hunt with the team that has dominated the comp for a few years. We lack speed, quality and skill but that will come with experience, development and good recruitment and I am confident that Richo and Benji can get us there..but it may take four to five years
Our bench should be the least of your worries if you want to follow a winning team.
Bula is the worst fullback in the NRL and Bateman is the worst back rower in the NRL.
We are spending 1.5 million dollars per season on the two of them, think about that.
That fullback - that no name fullback for Redcliffe last night - decimated Parramatta.

We've been saying it for years.
Still a serious issue.

Our backline needs improvement.
Who should we target for 2025 to address this issue?

Tupou is out.
Kepoa, off contract
Alaimalo, off contract - heard unlikely to be at the club next year.
Douihei, off contract
Staines, Feledy and Naden, final year of contract 2025
Staford Toa has a deal for 25 and 26
Solo Saukaura has a deal for 25 and 26 also.

Are we blooding some youth or going to market? Something needs to be done, drastically.

Tigers have never been afraid to release players early.

We've been saying it for years.
Still a serious issue.

Our backline needs improvement.
Who should we target for 2025 to address this issue?

Tupou is out.
Kepoa, off contract
Alaimalo, off contract - heard unlikely to be at the club next year.
Douihei, off contract
Staines, Feledy and Naden, final year of contract 2025
Staford Toa has a deal for 25 and 26
Solo Saukaura has a deal for 25 and 26 also.

Are we blooding some youth or going to market? Something needs to be done, drastically.

Tigers have never been afraid to release players early.
Something is brewing at the Dolphins with Bostocks stock continuing to rise I doubt he doesn’t have a wing spot locked down next year and Issako isn’t going anywhere. They also have Farmworth and Averillo in centres so I’m unsure where the dolphins would play Tupou.

I reckon it’ll be Averillo to make way - I’d offer Dolphins a straight swap and they can get him a season early and we could give Averillo FG football. Seems a win win.

Something is brewing at the Dolphins with Bostocks stock continuing to rise I doubt he doesn’t have a wing spot locked down next year and Issako isn’t going anywhere. They also have Farmworth and Averillo in centres so I’m unsure where the dolphins would play Tupou.

I reckon it’ll be Averillo to make way - I’d offer Dolphins a straight swap and they can get him a season early and we could give Averillo FG football. Seems a win win.
I've always liked Averillo.
Very gutsy player.

Doubt he'd be on small coin, so they wouldn't want him sitting in cup.
Could be a decent 14 option for them though.

I'd make that move @teddy23
Good shout.

Speed is mostly overrated. We have the Forbes Ferrari.

Not one time have I thought how lucky we are we have his speed.

Olam, Tupou...both these guys offer more attacking strength & neither are noted 'fast guys'. They are nearly all fast enough.

Only when a player is noticeably slow, and there are really so few guys in reality at that level, is there an issue with speed.

Tigers are not beaten because of 'speed'.
Getting into space is the challenge. Speed is important but having the instincts and smarts to get into space is just as, if not more important. We look like a team that’s not connected out wide and that’s probably to be expected given how little footy the halves & backs have played together. Staines had a shocker, was out of position several times, Naden threw a shocker, Bateman and Bula both threw ordinary passes. It’s terribly clunky when we go wide. Hopefully we are working overtime on it and also on the hunt for some guys who have some more natural instincts. That Dolphins fullback could be a handy pick up.

Can't blood the young guys fast enough.

Faatape, Feledy, Lualili'i, Mason etc.

Douiehi back in the centres...

Development club needs to develop it's players.

Getting into space is the challenge. Speed is important but having the instincts and smarts to get into space is just as, if not more important. We look like a team that’s not connected out wide and that’s probably to be expected given how little footy the halves & backs have played together. Staines had a shocker, was out of position several times, Naden threw a shocker, Bateman and Bula both threw ordinary passes. It’s terribly clunky when we go wide. Hopefully we are working overtime on it and also on the hunt for some guys who have some more natural instincts. That Dolphins fullback could be a handy pick up.
Very few natural hole runners, but then, very few guys putting players in holes.

Latu Fainu & Feledy have a history of tearing up defences together. Could be a sign of the future..

We did actually. Penrith completely dominated the ruck. Made more metres, landed on their fronts and got quick play the balls, allowing them to maintain the ascendency.
We were slow amd reckless and got thoroughly dominated from the 10th min on

Panthers Forwards 692 v 762 meters…
Post contact meters for Forwards Panthers 216 v 313 ours…
We made less ineffective tackles than the Panthers also.

Overall as a squad Panthers made 5 more meters than us for the game and we made 115mtrs post contact more than them. The backs made the meters more than ours by a margin.

We had the better field positioning during the game. We had more offloads and 80 more passes in the game than the Panthers - our halves and backs were ineffective today.

the bench forwards in the nrl Seyfarth is around the top 10
No he isn’t…
Please stop, You’re making yourself look silly…

If he’s in the top 10 benchies, does that get him an 18 jersey for origin?
😂😂😂

Reactions: 851
Playing better than last year … but thats a low base …

Defense has improved … attack is struggling but not sure what else they can do without better backs to improve that … nothing will change until Richo finds some .

Keep hanging in there folks ,, but another tough year ahead unfortunately…7 or 8 wins this season and handing off the wooden spoon is going to be the aim …

Didn’t he make 30 tackles and missed 0, Do you want to tell me how many Ice and Bateman missed today.

Not sure if Olam had the best game today either. Was a hard watch.

And I’m allowed to miss an ex player - seems like all my favourites go down to Melbourne :(
Ice made 47 tackles so don’t think you can really say much when he made more than he did, even if he missed a few. Not sure how many Bateman made but given he moved to Centre, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was less.

You can miss him if you want, but he ain’t why Melbourne are going well. The way you harped on about him you think he was why.

All the outside backs struggled today but our wingers were the worst. Olam I thought was ok given how the rest performed. Bula, Olam and Bateman when he got moved I thought were our best players for the backline.

we have approached the raiders around cotrics availability
Don’t really think he improves us, but if we get him for 1-2 years on a reasonable deal I won’t complain. At best he’ll at least be depth.

Reactions: 851
What game were you watching? Fair dinkum some of you people are total DHs.
One or two seconds quicker play the balls over an entire game adds up to losing the ruck, and the ensuing problems that creates

I counted a lot of the PTBs from the time player hit the deck to heeling the ball...penrith consistently beat us for 80 mins

Penrith created a lot of their own problems today they were off

Panthers Forwards 692 v 762 meters…
Post contact meters for Forwards Panthers 216 v 313 ours…
We made less ineffective tackles than the Panthers also.

Overall as a squad Panthers made 5 more meters than us for the game and we made 115mtrs post contact more than them. The backs made the meters more than ours by a margin.

We had the better field positioning during the game. We had more offloads and 80 more passes in the game than the Panthers - our halves and backs were ineffective today.
Our average play the ball speed was about 5 seconds, theirs was like 2 secs. That's the difference with momentum. We made metres, but it was slow metres that have us little space to work with and they had a set line to contain us with ease. We rarely looked dangerous because everything we do is something slow.

Members online

Back