Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well.. they can win 7-8 games I guess.. as I’ve said all offseason is their ceiling

So if that makes you happy..
It’s a big improvement on last year if we do. But it’s also another year of no finals which isn’t really acceptable either after nearly 15 years in a competition where half the teams play finals each year.

I'd back Klemmer over 50 metres against Cotric.. Too slow off the mark like our current wingers. Taller version of Noffa.
The complaint is how ineffective the wingers we have currently are.

Brian To'o isn't the fastest winger but his strong carries help the team in each set.

Staines can't take those hit ups because he just gets folded and pushed back.

I like Tupou but he's an incomplete product at the moment and he's leaving anyway.

Backline needs an overhaul and if the Cotric info is true, it makes sense.

1 Bula
4 Olam
5 Cotric

Just need to improve the other side also

Sloan, CNK, Taffe, Campbell, Rapana, Kennedy

All players I’d take Bula over. Hell, I’d even take him over Trell on Trell’s 24 form.
Our attack has been disgraceful for the past 12 months except 2 games at Leichhardt, I wouldn’t say 1 or 2 decent attacking games per season is good enough would you ?
If we keep accepting mediocrity and do not go to the market to look at improving things, we will keep collecting Wooden Spoons.

All players I’d take Bula over. Hell, I’d even take him over Trell on Trell’s 24 form.
To me Bula is good for 1 game every 15, back to reserve grade for a few weeks would do him no harm, he is consistently out of position and does stuff all in the middle looking for offloads from our forwards

It’s a big improvement on last year if we do. But it’s also another year of no finals which isn’t really acceptable either after nearly 15 years in a competition where half the team plays finals each year.
i have already said earlier today they have improved so far this year … off an extremely low base ,, 8 wins in their last 50 games coming into this season is historically bad in the NRL era ..

But they have still scored over 17 points only once in six games ..thats not going to get you a lot of wins …

Our attack has been disgraceful for the past 12 months except 2 games at Leichhardt, I wouldn’t say 1 or 2 decent attacking games per season is good enough would you ?
If we keep accepting mediocrity and do not go to the market to look at improving things, we will keep collecting Wooden Spoons.
Well, we did go to the market. We have some dude coming next year, but I’m blanking on his name...I’ll have to google it.

Reactions: 851
Looking ahead to players off contract this year we need to be active for under the radar players. Our best signings were players on the cusp at other clubs looking for an opportunity.

Trey Mooney, James Schiller, Kayal Iro, Preston Riki.
Israel Leota, Xavier Willson, Tula Tuphua, Leo Thompson, Tyrone Munro.
Still a good shout in April, 2024.

Is Kayal Iro realistic?
He's been next man up at the Sharks forever and only gets his chance when there's an injury.

James Schiller is not an option.

The rest of the list are all solid though.

Well, we did go to the market. We have some dude coming next year, but I’m blanking on his name...I’ll have to google it.
His days of making line breaks himself have passed him, he now relies on others, we don’t have others that break tackles and make line breaks.

Don’t really think he improves us, but if we get him for 1-2 years on a reasonable deal I won’t complain. At best he’ll at least be depth.

Definitely improves us bro

He is in position at least 2 out of the 6 times

Our average play the ball speed was about 5 seconds, theirs was like 2 secs. That's the difference with momentum. We made metres, but it was slow metres that have us little space to work with and they had a set line to contain us with ease. We rarely looked dangerous because everything we do is something slow.
It was that obvious and I started to count the seconds at differing times thru the game
I read we dont have a wrestling coach, yet other teams do?

WTF not if true?

Still a good shout in April, 2024.

Is Kayal Iro realistic?
He's been next man up at the Sharks forever and only gets his chance when there's an injury.

James Schiller is not an option.

The rest of the list are all solid though.
Iro won’t lose his spot.

Sivo is 30 while Cotric is 25. He is an Origin and test level winger at his best and would be a good addition. Plus he runs hard and breaks tackles which we need
Hasn’t been the same though since his stint at the Dogs. One thing I will say is you won’t have to fork out a lot of money and could sign him for 1-2 years without worrying of blocking the juniors. If the deal is reasonable I can live with it, but I don’t expect he’ll be in our 17 each week, unless he does find a way to get his early Canberra form back.

How long has it been since he’s been at his best? At least since 2020. Our track record for getting players back to their best isn’t exactly stellar.
He’s much younger than some of those other fails you’re alluding to. I’d like to see him given a short term opportunity. Galvin and Luai might be able to unlock him.

Reactions: 851

Imo Cnk doesn't deserve to be on this list. He sits alongside Edwards and Gutherson in the tier just below the elite.
I'd have Kennedy ahead of Bula also but certainly don't rate him as one of the better fullbacks.
Whilst I agree with the rest I think if you have Tracey and Brimson in place of Taafe and Campbell I'd currently have them ahead of Bula.

He’s much younger than some of those other fails you’re alluding to. I’d like to see him given a short term opportunity. Galvin and Luai might be able to unlock him.
Is he really going to be better than a guy like Nadan or even Staines? It’s just going sideways.

These are typically the kind of signings that rarely work for the Tigers, I prefer the earlier suggestion of working with the Phins for a swap although might be a hard sell for an immediate with Tupou potentially breaking his foot 😳
Looked like a Grade 3 carry on. Hopefully not broken.

Have you found names they better than ?
Bula is a more complete fullback (despite having a lot of work to do in attack) than -

Bulldogs - Taafe and Tracey.
Titans - Brimson and Campbell
Dragons - Sloan
Canberra - Kris, Stewart and Rapana

I mean, that's four teams and I'd rather Bula over all their options...

Should we start on Bateman next?

To say they're the worse in the NRL is to say that, at best, Bula is 17/17th Best fullback and Bateman is 34/34th best second rower.

Downright hilarious claim.

Both might not be in the top 5 in their position right now, or even top 10, but that does not make them the worst.

Not even close.

Back