Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I have just received a rumour that the club is interested in signing Maika Sivo for next season. Given the fact he seems to be on the outer at parra especially with Lomax coming next year I think it's a definite possibility. What do we think? Could he bounce back like Olam has
Where did you hear the rumour? Just curious.

I have just received a rumour that the club is interested in signing Maika Sivo for next season. Given the fact he seems to be on the outer at parra especially with Lomax coming next year I think it's a definite possibility. What do we think? Could he bounce back like Olam has
Looked injury affected last time I saw him play. Doesn't carry it back as hard as you'd think a guy his size would. Good finisher though.

Looked injury affected last time I saw him play. Doesn't carry it back as hard as you'd think a guy his size would. Good finisher though.
Think he was injured last time he played but he would be a good replacement for Tupou for a few years. If legit I’m not against it but I imagine it won’t be easy to get him.

he's a bit of a flat track bully for mine but on his day can be a great winger. I'd personally be interested in Ravalawa who is only 26 and is more consistent
I don’t think Dragons will move on from Ravalawa unless there’s someone better coming through, or if they really do sign Turuva and need more cap space. Although Lomax being let go should free up some money as well for them so maybe they aren’t dealing with cap issues yet. If Ravalawa is gonna get shopped I would at least keep tabs, but I think Sivo could do a job if we get him for a couple of years as well.

Think he was injured last time he played but he would be a good replacement for Tupou for a few years. If legit I’m not against it but I imagine it won’t be easy to get him.
I think if we wanted him Parra would release him immediately. They think he's past it, all downhill now and in decent money.
I would offer him a deal for the rest of the year as a trial run, but his manager would probably want a 3 year deal to come here

Yet another signing past his prime. Imagine how much less of a player he would be signing him a second time.
Plus,

hes a winger. They are not the kind of players you keep past 28. They will just slow down and either need to transition to center or go to EPL.

Ken was maybe worth taking the risk on. Nothing really happened to the other signing options at the time. Still someone I would stay away from.

Plus,

hes a winger. They are not the kind of players you keep past 28. They will just slow down and either need to transition to center or go to EPL.

Ken was maybe worth taking the risk on. Nothing really happened to the other signing options at the time. Still someone I would stay away from.
And Sivo will be 31 next year FWIW. Kind of kills me enthusiasm for him.

And Sivo will be 31 next year FWIW. Kind of kills me enthusiasm for him.
I actually think that may be the attraction - if you have a couple of young blokes coming through like Willett, Laulii, Saukuru who might be a couple of years away from full-time nrl then an older winger who won't block the pathway is probably the right signing

I actually think that may be the attraction - if you have a couple of young blokes coming through like Willett, Laulii, Saukuru who might be a couple of years away from full-time nrl then an older winger who won't block the pathway is probably the right signing
Maybe. But it will still be another player we ended up signing 3 or 4 years too late.

Members online

Back