Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’d look at loaning Sullivan to super league for one season. Gives him the best chance to develop into a NRL half as he is too good for NSW cup at this stage. Whether he’d be interested….
I don‘t think it’s going to happen. Have to accept we have invested in a lemon.

Personally I'd rather sign players who, y'know, play football. If we want a standards setter and culture we could give another contract to Matt Ballin. The brutal truth is that the Sharks gave Finucane a three-year deal for which they're going to get 33 games. I don't care if the bloke is Alexander the Great, Tony Robbins and Alexei Stakhanov rolled into one, that's a signing that didn't work out.
You aren’t considering the intangible things Finucane implemented in that club. But that’s okay, we all see things differently.

I’m struggling to judge Bula at the moment.

I see what you’re saying but I honestly think if you put Edwards, Drinkwater or Kennedy at the back they would struggle as well. Brimson and Walsh might be different due to instant speed hit but also wouldn’t be as effective as they are at current clubs.

He can’t do it on his own and I’m finding our attacking structures to be flat again without deception most times and mechanical left/right/left shifts which aren’t beneficial to a fullback in today’s game. He is getting zero space but when he does we have seen whilst limited things happen.

I mentioned few games back we look like Bud and Sezer are playing counting numbers & getting more convinced by that based on our shifting style & when Galvin gets the ball. It’s reactive shifting. Galvin is the only one that tries something and Api in the danger zone despite numbers.

If you look at all the other fullbacks they are often outside the half/58th or beside the ruck on the 2nd or 3rd rapid play the ball - they common key is they have some space on front foot either way which doesn’t happen for Bula. But Bula is positioning himself better in attack this year compared to last and on both sides which does show progress.

His effort areas are fine the issue is his team or he isn’t positioning well enough to use his skills. I do have doubt about his speed impact off the mark and ball playing but when he gets a sniff he does break free it’s just tough to judge.

He has shown especially off Galvin their is a combination to build off but then on the other side it’s ghost town (put that down to Sezer, lack of 13 & poor center option.) Sezer we knew wasn’t going to be a running threat but his kicking game / buy time was why he was here - with Luai who is attack focused will be very interesting to see how things evolve.

His try scoring % of teams tries for fullbacks put him top 3 fullbacks in the comp, his try involvements are bottom 3 but our overall attack is last which is unfair to target this on Bula primarily.
You are on the mark with this analysis. In conclusion, we need to create more momentum and broken field play so that our fullback gets more opportunities in space. Having big strong fast outside backs who do more in yardage sets is key to this.

I have said it all along, Samuela Fainu will be the secondrower we need, the one Vicious reckons we should buy, we already have him, no need to buy
Looks the goods so far. Watching how he handles big minutes with interest, particularly goal line D

Warriors sign Jet Cleary,
3 year deal from 2025
I can’t get my head around that signing. Panthers have the best development program and the best halfback to mentor him. I have watched Jett for a number of years I know another player in his club team and unless there is a massive improvement he won’t make it. He struggled in Ball this year. His signing could cost them a good half already in their system

I can’t get my head around that signing. Panthers have the best development program and the best halfback to mentor him. I have watched Jett for a number of years I know another player in his club team and unless there is a massive improvement he won’t make it. He struggled in Ball this year. His signing could cost them a good half already in their system
Reportedly one of the reasons was because he wanted to make a name for himself out of Nathan's shadow.

Reactions: 851
Good for him. Not to mention walking away from playing under his dad. Massive decision for an 19 year old to go across the Tasman given extent of his comfort zone

Jet is a kiwi so maybe that’s a driver mixed with forging his own pathway. Doubt would be much of an issue. JFH, Webster and a few others in the system he will be ok. Warriors are big on family so he should fit in fine. Half the season they play in Aus also, people will be surprised how hard it is.

Back