Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Found this interesting - would have thought he would stay in the hope to partner big bro under dad.
Makes sense for the Panthers and Clearys long term...

Jett gets to stay with Andrew Webster and learn under SJ and Te Maire while he develops his game and matures as a person while off the Panthers cap - and will finish this 3-year contract when he is 21 and battle ready to maybe play with his brother for a few years..

This is very much like the JFH deal where both parties have acted for mutual benefit

Has Tigers confirmed signing Turuva or Penrith confirmed he is leaving?
No confirmation from either club but he told his teammates today he took up an offer with the Tigers.

A few teammates like To'o, Tago and others shared posts on social media about him signing with the Tigers and wished him luck/farewell. From that you would have to assume baring some change of heart in the 10 day cooling off period that it is done.

Solid signing of turuva.. if we're thinking one more outside back.. how about Blake wilson from the dogs .. looked the goods in his few first grade games .. fast, young ,good finisher , 6 foot + minimum salary.. just sitting behind Kiraz and JAC.. worth a punt I reckon.. maybe even get him this year..

Solid signing of turuva.. if we're thinking one more outside back.. how about Blake wilson from the dogs .. looked the goods in his few first grade games .. fast, young ,good finisher , 6 foot + minimum salary.. just sitting behind Kiraz and JAC.. worth a punt I reckon.. maybe even get him this year..
Plenty worse, he plays well and keeps improving.

Turuva coming to play centre means we still need a left winger. I agree with a 13 but some think Latu will grow into that for us.

If we are talking priority though it will be locking down Stefano long term next.
I genuinely think toa will or could be shifted.

Reactions: 851
Very happy with the signing of Turuva.

What is the priority now? I would like to see a very good 13. Some may say we need another outside back?
Benji showed his hand last week.

It was only for 20 mins. But 2 halves were on the field with latu at lock.

That’s how the three (latu, luai, Galvin) fit next year in someway.

Although latu may still be eased in, based on the rest of the year.

With Turuva in the backline, we are genuinely one decent winger away from top 8. If we can develop one of the young guns into a 13, there's no reason we shouldn't be challenging for a finals spot next season especially with Penrith losing some players.

1. Bula
2. Naden/To'a/Staines (Fighting it out for the spot)
3. Turuva
4. Olam
5. (New Signing)
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Matamua/Kit/Fa'agutu

14. Latu Fainu
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Samuela Fainu

With Turuva in the backline, we are genuinely one decent winger away from top 8. If we can develop one of the young guns into a 13, there's no reason we shouldn't be challenging for a finals spot next season especially with Penrith losing some players.

1. Bula
2. Naden/To'a/Staines (Fighting it out for the spot)
3. Turuva
4. Olam
5. (New Signing)
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Matamua/Kit/Fa'agutu

14. Latu Fainu
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Samuela Fainu
I agree that a winger + lock makes our 1 - 17 look top 8. I think our biggest problem becomes our depth though. Our 22 - 30 has no experience at all.

Samuela & Bateman out the other week was really felt, same with Galvin over his 2 weeks.

I agree that a winger + lock makes our 1 - 17 look top 8. I think our biggest problem becomes our depth though. Our 22 - 30 has no experience at all.

Samuela & Bateman out the other week was really felt, same with Galvin over his 2 weeks.
Hopefully with that additional winger plus lock our depth outside the 17 becomes:

To'a (assuming Naden starts)
Staines (assuming Naden starts)
L.Laulilii, Feledy & Saukuku (Luke.L and Saukuru the inform players from lower grades so far)
Sullivan
Doueihi & Sezer (maybe)

Seyfarth
Miller
Kit L
Tallyn Da Silva

Benji showed his hand last week.

It was only for 20 mins. But 2 halves were on the field with latu at lock.

That’s how the three (latu, luai, Galvin) fit next year in someway.

Although latu may still be eased in, based on the rest of the year.
Completely agree and I like it 👍

Hopefully with that additional winger plus lock our depth outside the 17 becomes:

To'a (assuming Naden starts)
Staines (assuming Naden starts)
L.Laulilii, Feledy & Saukuku (Luke.L and Saukuru the inform players from lower grades so far)
Sullivan
Doueihi & Sezer (maybe)

Seyfarth
Miller
Kit L
Tallyn Da Silva
Doueihi is the last remaining remnant of the perennial loser club now that Nofa and the front office exited!

Like Nofoaluma - the Tigers win/loss ratio has been far better without him for three years!

Get over him - he was shockingly bad after his previous injury - is off contract at end of year - and is of zero value to this club moving forward!!

Panthers player's have confirmed on their social media, Turuva has told his team mates his going to the tiger's 25
Honestly,
How on earth is our recruitment department doing this?

2x Wooden spoons and we land the most in-demand off contract winger in the comp.

We got 99 problems but recruitment ain't 1. Kudos to the team.

Penrith just resigned and upgraded promising young forward Luron Patea (Prop) until the end of 2027. Don’t want to read into it too much but maybe Penrith don’t think they’ll be able to land Stefano and have opted to stick with a local junior. No outside knowledge or anything like others pretend, just a thought.

I would take him for the rest of the year if parra and he are interested, club option for next year

Same with Cotric
Sivo is contracted for next year so he's not going to take any deal for 2024 only. Also he's not first grade standard anymore. Would be a complete waste of a roster spot.

Back