Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Why is Khan Perera being mentioned? He’s not even off contract. Same as Sam Stone. Cotric won’t be a good buy and some of the others don’t even make first grade for their current side. Some might be stuck behind others but no guarantees they will come here to improve our side except for maybe Skeleton. Looking at actually who’s available still for next year, not a whole lot that you know will improve the side and plenty available you know that won’t. Only a few that you can take a gamble on and hope they improve the team, but if they aren’t going to, I don’t see Benji and Richo getting in touch with majority of the players who are available to sign for next year.

Why is Khan Perera being mentioned? He’s not even off contract. Same as Sam Stone. Cotric won’t be a good buy and some of the others don’t even make first grade for their current side. Some might be stuck behind others but no guarantees they will come here to improve our side except for maybe Skeleton. Looking at actually who’s available still for next year, not a whole lot that you know will improve the side and plenty available you know that won’t. Only a few that you can take a gamble on and hope they improve the team, but if they aren’t going to, I don’t see Benji and Richo getting in touch with majority of the players who are available to sign for next year.
Khan-Perera is no more fanciful than most other names thrown up

Probably so but even so he’s not available so not sure why people are calling for him to be signed to us.

Couple people here fantasize about acquiring players who aren’t available ..it’s against the rules for for the club to even approach them …

Personally I dont get it … but what do know? I fantasize about the team winning football games and making the Top 8 which is seemingly even more unrealistic..

Probably so but even so he’s not available so not sure why people are calling for him to be signed to us.
Maybe because he’s proven to be a regular NRL try scorer, quite often scoring tries that not many other can due to his elite speed, yet for some reason Des keeps leaving him out of their NRL line up.
Quality players will not be happy to be left out of their teams NRL squad for too long.

Do you think Penrith could be interested in Twal and Seyfarth if we package them? We have form, Garner is doing a great job off the bench for Panthers.
We seem to be signing every player who scores 2 tries against us and it’s not working?
I would say the Panthers would be interested in that type of trade, personally I do not see Twal or Seyfarth as our problem. I do admit having both of them in our team means we lack a bit of impact, but that’s not their fault that we have an imbalance within our squad.
Neither are taking up much cap space, it should be others who are moved on well before these two.

Last edited:
Teams that make good metres out of their own end do so on the back of their back 4 taking runs from DH not so much the forwards. The best forwards in the game are effort players and we have got that from all our guys this year. We could do with an impact forward to come off the bench.
Staines is trying hard and obviously Olam provides good value in his hard yardage carries, but we do need our 1-5 to at least match the hard yardage effectiveness of all teams we come up against.

Maybe because he’s proven to be a regular NRL try scorer, quite often scoring tries that not many other can due to his elite speed, yet for some reason Des keeps leaving him out of their NRL line up.
Quality players will not be happy to be left out of their teams NRL squad for too long.
He’s not bad but I wouldn’t say he’s the greatest either. He’s young so I’m not writing him off to be clear, but even if he was available I would be careful of signing him. If Des is leaving him out unless he’s injured there’s a reason why.

I would say the Panthers would be interested in that type of trade, personally I do not see Twal or Seyfarth as our problem. I do admit having both of them in our team means we lack a bit of impact, but that’s not their fault that we have an imbalance within our squad.
Neither are taking up much cap space, it should be others who are moved on well before these two.
I would not have ANY objection to a trade that involves "losing" Seyfarth and Twal. Really can't see a downside.

He’s not bad but I wouldn’t say he’s the greatest either. He’s young so I’m not writing him off to be clear, but even if he was available I would be careful of signing him. If Des is leaving him out unless he’s injured there’s a reason why.
I think it’s a young Addo-Carr vibes with his blinding speed and a coach who is concerned about a wingers defence when the attacking positives far outweigh any defensive negatives.

There's really not a lot of quality left on the market.

Some fairly solid additions, if we are looking to upgrade either significant weakness areas or the bench, might be out there though.

Staines has definitely looked better, so I'll leave him on one wing. Semi Valemei from the Cowboys could upgrade that wing spot on the other side.

I think we lack impact on the bench. With that in mind, the likes of Seyfarth & Twal are the opposite of the guys I think we need. A former Tiger prop might actually suit as a 20-30 minute per game option off the bench- Thomas Mikaele. He's bounced around the comp since leaving the Tigers, but he runs hard, can offload & brings something we don't have. Another incomplete but more impactful type of forward from the Raiders- Peter Hola- could be worth a look. He's a big, tall unit that offers a different body type. I'm not suggesting these guys are our future props. But, they offer a style off the bench we don't currently have.

Jack Williams additionally, could be an interesting addition- or Billy Burns equally.

I think if we are talking about punting every player for years on end now we are asking the wrong questions
No, we are the only NRL club that constantly keeps layers no matter how badly they are performing.
Get a big money contract with Wests Tigers and it’s safe no matter what.

Latest posts

Members online

Back