Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Silly line hahaha.
Maybe you’re right? The jersey and all its underlying factors means nothing to them, but it should.
Your alternative of ‘you’ve been paid to do a job, get out there and do it’ or ‘you’ve been paid now keep up your side of the deal’ sounds demotivating and lacks elements of what it means to be a member of a team.
The blues coach understands the meaning of the jersey, and how it can create obsession to succeed.
Rep jerseys contain meaning. A club jersey less so these days

Is Taumalolo no good these days? Haven't seen the cowboys play much and surprised he's #17. The guy was incredible and is only 30. Payten never seemed that interested in him. What's his form like? I'm sure Cowboys would be happy to offload his contract if they're playing him off the bench but clubs probably can't get near his salary.
Lolo is a wreck. Pass.

AFB would have been 25% more than Stef, and we likely wouldn't have that money if Stef takes up his option. This isn't supercoach.
Who said anything about supercoach? All I'm saying is I don't think Stef is worth $900k, but AFB is. I don't think that figure is accurate, but it was suggested...

Rumours going around that Sitili Tupouniua is on the outer at the Roosters and Tigers are one of the clubs interested in him for next season. With Siua Wong, Crichton, Butcher bros, Connor Watson who can fill in at 2nd row it kind of makes sense. Personally not a fan of the signing given his injury troubles but he has good potential a bit like Luciano Leilua
He's a much better player than Luciano.

He scored a double in a win. Big woop, he’s always been a one trick pony who can run a crash line 5m out. Panthers are shopping him because he’s horrendous at the little things that matter. David Fifita isn’t perfect but Panthers realise they need to fix a weak back row.
Lol I don’t think the Panthers chasing Fifita has ANYTHING to do with Luke Garner.

Me either. He's an above average front rower with potential to be better. A good club would pay him $600k, we shouldn't pay more than $700k to $750k.
I think he has above average potential, but currently plods along with an occasional spike in output.

I tend to think he is worth $800k plus to the Tigers on his tackle breaks and offloads alone. He’s a year younger than Haas and playing in a very weak team.
There is a shortage of quality props and therefore will have clubs lining up to sign him.
He will easily get 80m per season elsewhere, possibly a bit more, therefore we will need to pay him a minimum of 900k to keep him.
I know it’s a lot of money for someone who does t dominate like he should every week, but we are far worse off without him.

Second hand but I’ve heard we are offering 5 years 3.8m averaging 760k p.a for Uto. Big money but a fair deal for the player and the club. I have no issues with it tbh. I hope they lock it down we need to retain core younger players to build the squad over the long term. If we are any chance these younger players have to stay together.

Members online

Back