Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

There is a shortage of quality props and therefore will have clubs lining up to sign him.
He will easily get 80m per season elsewhere, possibly a bit more, therefore we will need to pay him a minimum of 900k to keep him.
I know it’s a lot of money for someone who does t dominate like he should every week, but we are far worse off without him.
He is in our top 3 players and has leadership potential.
when Klem was shouting at Badger it was Stef telling him to back off.

Second hand but I’ve heard we are offering 5 years 3.8m averaging 760k p.a for Uto. Big money but a fair deal for the player and the club. I have no issues with it tbh. I hope they lock it down we need to retain core younger players to build the squad over the long term. If we are any chance these younger players have to stay together.
This is possibly one of those rare occasions when a player runs flat in order to get a fatter contract.

Second hand but I’ve heard we are offering 5 years 3.8m averaging 760k p.a for Uto. Big money but a fair deal for the player and the club. I have no issues with it tbh. I hope they lock it down we need to retain core younger players to build the squad over the long term. If we are any chance these younger players have to stay together.
$ probably about right in current market
Much more than his performances have deserved,but what we'd have to pay to keep the wolves..and panthers..at the door
Personally I think Stef just may be Brooks 2.0 in that he will flourish(to a point) in another environment where his shortfalls are compensated by others,but WTs may never extract value from a very plump contract in his favor
Needs an infusion of mongrel to enable his considerable size to make a difference

Lol I don’t think the Panthers chasing Fifita has ANYTHING to do with Luke Garner.
Well they haven’t gone after a big money signing in a long time so I suspect they are trying to address something they think they lack. Perhaps the Kikau sized hole in their roster? And who plays that position? Hmmmm.

Reactions: 851
Well they haven’t gone after a big money signing in a long time so I suspect they are trying to address something they think they lack. Perhaps the Kikau sized hole in their roster? And who plays that position? Hmmmm.
In 2017, when the Roosters signed Cooper Cronk, was that because Mitchell Pearce wasn’t up to scratch? No. Sometimes when a marquee player like him presents themselves, you go after them. Especially given how much cap they have freed up over the last 2-3 years.

Reactions: 851
In 2017, when the Roosters signed Cooper Cronk, was that because Mitchell Pearce wasn’t up to scratch? No. Sometimes when a marquee player like him presents themselves, you go after them. Especially given how much cap they have freed up over the last 2-3 years.
That was a crystal clear statement that they believed Mitchell Pearce was no longer up to scratch. Pearce has recently admitted he was not consistent in his professionalism throughout his career whereas Cronk is the model pro. Roosters won two comps and Pearce battled at Knights.

These top clubs aren’t just throwing darts at a board mate.

Garner is reserve grade quality (comes up usually through injury) and they know you need better to stay airborne.

That was a crystal clear statement that they believed Mitchell Pearce was no longer up to scratch. Pearce has recently admitted he was not consistent in his professionalism throughout his career whereas Cronk is the model pro. Roosters won two comps and Pearce battled at Knights.

Garner is reserve grade quality and they know you need better to stay airborne.
Im not defending Garner. I’m saying that they wouldn’t have said “we need Fifita cos Garner doesn’t cut it”. That’s a quite a leap. There are a dozen back rowers they could go after who are better than Garner, but aren’t at Fifita’s level. A good example would be the current forum flavour of the month, Jayden Su’a. But they are aiming much higher than that. It’s been years since they have had to go to the market to sign a marquee player. And make no mistake, his signing would be a luxury signing. They by no means need him.

Im not defending Garner. I’m saying that they wouldn’t have said “we need Fifita cos Garner doesn’t cut it”. That’s a quite a leap. There are a dozen back rowers they could go after who are better than Garner, but aren’t at Fifita’s level. A good example would be the current forum flavour of the month, Jayden Su’a. But they are aiming much higher than that.
Fair enough.

My original point, Garner is not good, still stands.

And I’m not at all surprised Penrith are looking to upgrade on the edge. They nearly lost a GF last year because they didn’t have that lethal edge with Kikau to rely on.

If WT were to even look at bringing Garner back, I’d be very suspicious they’d let Pascoe back near recruitment.

Panthers have succeeded with an inherently small team except for an intimidating prop rotation..best one iof which s leaving.
Bellamy chases size everywhere..eg Blore..Coates..Smith..
Imo panthers will struggle( ie come runner up!)without jfh,and desperately need intimidation factor..Stefano is not the one to do this
Think again Ivan

Garner is reserve grade quality (comes up usually through injury) and they know you need better to stay airborne.
Premiers bought him from the wooden spooners and play him regularly where he does a good job. He's been part of a premiership winning team. You're a better judge than Ivan, so I'll take your word for it.

Panthers have succeeded with an inherently small team except for an intimidating prop rotation..best one iof which s leaving.
Bellamy chases size everywhere..eg Blore..Coates..Smith..
Imo panthers will struggle( ie come runner up!)without jfh,and desperately need intimidation factor..Stefano is not the one to do this
Think again Ivan
Panthers game plan is based on power and much of the grunt work is done by To’o, Tago, previously Crichton. Etc.

You then have to defend the fast feet from mobile forwards who are fresh (JFH, Yeo and Liam Martin for example) because the backs are doing a lot more of the hard early set stuff.

Watch their forwards fly off the line in D because they have more conserved energy. 3 comps is no fluke, they have a system that works.

Stefano would thrive if our backs were doing the same. But they’re not.

Last edited:
Premiers bought him from the wooden spooners and play him regularly where he does a good job. He's been part of a premiership winning team. You're a better judge than Ivan, so I'll take your word for it.
He’s a bit part player in a great team who contributes a minimal amount and they’re moving him on. Ivan is not silly.

For someone who is reserve grade Quality Panthers don’t agree. He played 12 games last year and 8 this year, started most as well. Played a GF and won a ring. Would take their judgement over wests tigers judgement.

He runs good lines and is most effective when a half hits the line and passes flat at the line. Luai has started doing this to good effect. Defensively he is effective & efficient as well.

He would be a walk up 17 for us if he ever came back.

I think he has above average potential, but currently plods along with an occasional spike in output.
Paying on potential is becoming boring.
He's been playing on potential for 2-3 years!
There would have to be certain criteria/benchmarks in any new the contract he would have to meet in order to get top dollar. He needs an incentive to bring out his best and not reaching benchmarks might be just what he needs? All negotiable. For someone playing for an upgrade he has certainly starting at the bottom.

For someone who is reserve grade Quality Panthers don’t agree. He played 12 games last year and 8 this year, started most as well. Played a GF and won a ring. Would take their judgement over wests tigers judgement.

He runs good lines and is most effective when a half hits the line and passes flat at the line. Luai has started doing this to good effect. Defensively he is effective & efficient as well.

He would be a walk up 17 for us if he ever came back.
They have told him he’s free to leave so they can’t be that happy with the (cheap) signing.

Has been mostly a back up for injuries and a bit bigger role this year after the guy in front of him went to Canberra and Sorensen has been injured.

I agree he runs a good crash line. No doubt.

Just don’t ask him to do the effort stuff that wins you games.

I agree he runs a good crash line. No doubt.

Just don’t ask him to do the effort stuff that wins you games.

He was like that for us too… made the odd line break or two a game or would score a solid try off a short ball and have a break out game

Then the following week he’d follow it up with a lazy defensive effort and make 4 runs for 25 meters

Brooks, Joffa, Noffa, Talau, Wakeham to name a few. There’s not too many originals still here if you think about.
Agree , but we didn’t replace them with guns
Brooks - Sezer slight step up , not bad
wakeman - Bud. is bog average at best
noffa - lobb. , Staines and Naden already on board
Talau - nobody
Joffa - Nobody

Seyfarth's involvement stats this year are as follows:
  • Game 2 v Canberra = 22minutes, 16m in attack, handled the ball 2 times - (1 hitup, 1 pass), 21 tackles @ 87%, 2 ruck infringement 6 agains.
  • Game 3 v Sharks = 31 minutes, scored a try, 118m in attack, 1 line break, 4 tackle breaks, handled the ball 17 times - ( 12 hitups,1 offload, 4 passes), 15 tackles @ 100%, clean sheet for errors and discipline.
  • Game 3 v Parramatta = 47 minutes, 99m in attack,1 line break assist, handled the ball 19 times - (10 hitups, 1 offload, 8 passes), 26 tackles @100%, 2 penalties.
  • Game 4 v Dolphins = 51 minutes, scored a try, 78m in attack, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks, handled the ball 13 times - ( 10 hitups, 3 passes), 25 tackles @ 86%, 1 handling error.
  • Game 5 v Dragons = 47 minutes, 69m in attack, 2 tackle breaks, handled the ball 11 times + an intercept - (10 hitups, 2 passes), 22 tackles @ 88%, 1 penalty.
  • Game 6 v Penrith = 32 minutes, 41m in attack, 1 tackle break, handled the ball 13 times - (10 hitups, 3 passes), 20 tackles @ 87%.
  • Game 7 v Broncos = 22 minutes, 41m in attack, handled the ball 11 times - (5 hitups, 6 passes), 11 tackles @ 100%.
  • Game 8 v Dogs - 15 minutes, 10m in attack, handled the ball 5 times - (1 hitup, 1 offload, 3 passes), 10 tackles @ 91%, 1 handling error, 1 sinbin.
All in all, he has played 267 minutes in 8 games (33mins /game) and hasnt really done a lot. He hasnt been poor, just average so far. We need him to be more involved when on the field.
He is just a very average player who needs to be moved on

Members online

Back