Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Cocaine is a performance enhancing drug, just ask Maradona... bugger we can't because he's dead.

I worked with his ex-wife Cath Mahoney, who wrote a book about that period in his and her life. It's an interesting read and offers a different perspective.
What’s it say about his drug use , I was told he was on it all the time not now and then , and the club hid him when required so he didn’t get court out

What’s it say about his drug use , I was told he was on it all the time not now and then , and the club hid him when required so he didn’t get court out
It's hard to say. I don't have an opinion because I don't know him personally and I wasn't there. But others were, and they do.

Reactions: 851
Who would be disappointed with this team next year?
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
Me and just in the backline.

Staines -> defensive issues.
Doueihi -> defensive issues.

If we can't defend our line, then we SUCK!
Like a pressure cooker which gets opened every 5 minutes. We need to defend to build pressure so that we get opportunities.

I was fuming when we signed him. It was a horrible signing. Worse than Olam.
Trying to work out who you would sign then?

Lomax? We go all out and spend 800/900k and drag him out of Parramatta's clutches to get a premadonna?

Should we have gone hard for Best and done a 900k, to see him stay at the knights?

Olam was a risk and Olam clearly isn't our problem in our backline.
It's the Toa/Faatape/Naden + turnstyle wingers that is a huge problem.

John Morris and Benji need to get our back line defending and fixing our defensive holes. While Bula can score, he doesn't have the fullback experience that Teddy or a Slater/Stewart would have in reading where the holes will appear. We need to train up and toughen up. Till we can hold off the attack and not have 3-4 tries scored against us each game, we will keep loosing.

Olam is an upgrade on any Center we have had play for us since Chris Lawrence's time.

Trying to work out who you would sign then?

Lomax? We go all out and spend 800/900k and drag him out of Parramatta's clutches to get a premadonna?

Should we have gone hard for Best and done a 900k, to see him stay at the knights?

Olam was a risk and Olam clearly isn't our problem in our backline.
It's the Toa/Faatape/Naden + turnstyle wingers that is a huge problem.

John Morris and Benji need to get our back line defending and fixing our defensive holes. While Bula can score, he doesn't have the fullback experience that Teddy or a Slater/Stewart would have in reading where the holes will appear. We need to train up and toughen up. Till we can hold off the attack and not have 3-4 tries scored against us each game, we will keep loosing.

Olam is an upgrade on any Center we have had play for us since Chris Lawrence's time.
I will say our defence has improved. 22 - 23 we had a record of the worse defence in NRL history.

Think it was 26 + points in around 20 straight games.

Think we have conceded that only once this season.

I will say our defence has improved. 22 - 23 we had a record of the worse defence in NRL history.

Think it was 26 + points in around 20 straight games.

Think we have conceded that only once this season.
After round 10 last season we had conceded 206 points in 9 games (1 bye)

This year we have conceded 202 in the same period.

I'm not sure I'd want to hang my hat on that.

As the season drags on things tend to get harder and harder. We are still a long way off. Conceding 18 points a game is only useful if you can score 19.

This is exactly why I said that Seyfarth and Twal aren't the main worries right now. We have 3 locks with less than 10 games between them.

Edit: And we aren't even using any of them, we've used 2 front rowers and 2 props there this year
Your acting as if Laulilii, Fa’agutu and Matamua are all 25-26 they are all under 22 and have plenty of time to show what they can do

Me and just in the backline.

Staines -> defensive issues.
Doueihi -> defensive issues.

If we can't defend our line, then we SUCK!
Like a pressure cooker which gets opened every 5 minutes. We need to defend to build pressure so that we get opportunities.
Olam isn't the worlds best defender either. He makes a cracking tackle then slows down.

After round 10 last season we had conceded 206 points in 9 games (1 bye)

This year we have conceded 202 in the same period.

I'm not sure I'd want to hang my hat on that.

As the season drags on things tend to get harder and harder. We are still a long way off. Conceding 18 points a game is only useful if you can score 19.
Yes but keep in mind we had statistically the 2nd hardest start to the comp this year.

To start the comp last year we played Titans, Knights with KP injured in the first minute, Bulldogs, Storm, Broncos, Eels, Manly, Penrith in horrible conditions & Dragons. (1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16). So we played 3 bottom four sides, 3 top 4 sides, 2 mid table and Knights minus Ponga which is bottom / mid table tbh.

This year we have played 1, 2 ,4 , 6, 7, 9, 10, 11. That is 3 top 4 sides, 2 bottom 8 sides, and 3 teams 1 point off the 8.

We probably have a few more wins at the start of last year with this squad + Training staff.

Reactions: 851
Your acting as if Laulilii, Fa’agutu and Matamua are all 25-26 they are all under 22 and have plenty of time to show what they can do
That's what the exact problem is KC, they all are young in a roll that would ideally be filled by an 80 minute player. We can also only run with 1 of them at a time regardless, there aren't enough roster spots to carry 3 inexperienced players in the exact same position.

That's what the exact problem is KC, they all are young in a roll that would ideally be filled by an 80 minute player. We can also only run with 1 of them at a time regardless, there aren't enough roster spots to carry 3 inexperienced players in the exact same position.
I don’t see why Fa’agutu can’t transition into a prop and as for this year Fa’agutu and Laulilii are only taking development spots and by next year will both be ready to play a bench role if needed

I don’t see why Fa’agutu can’t transition into a prop and as for this year Fa’agutu and Laulilii are only taking development spots and by next year will both be ready to play a bench role if needed
So you're saying you think 2 of them will make the step up next year? Good thing I posted to only get rid of 1 of the 3, I also made it clear I think Matamua is the one the miss out so seems we are on the same page.

Latest posts

Back