Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think there will be more turnover than most will expect.
it will be Richo first full off season and he will know the players Benji's wants and doesn't so I feel good about the changes coming.

I would love to pick up Jake Averillo plus either Jaydn Su'a or Angus C as they would just complete the areas we lack.
I have to agree , Benjoy and his team would already know who is going I would think and Richo is probably chasing players now , I feel out of our first grade and reserve grade teams combined maybe 6/8 players will depart, our Reseve grade are poor except maybe 3 or 4 players , and first grade needs a few gone as well

Before we sign anyone else, we need to make space to bring in players. I think the top 30 next year is full or very close to it.

I think we have all of Saukuru, Feledy, L Laulilli coming in to top 30 next year. I think we should only invest in 2 of these and let one go.

Similarly, we have middles of Faagutu, K Laulilli, Miller in the top 30 next year. Again I think these are too many inexperienced players and might have to let 1 of these go.

Hopefully Sullivan does well in the next few weeks and he can be moved on too. I’d also let Naden or To’a leave if they can find another club.

This actually gives some space to find some experience to put around the young players we have. Next problem is finding first grade players who want to come here.

Always thought Tommy Talau and Jock Madden were written off way too early. Both had real good performances tonight. Sometimes I think our retention is worse than our recruitment.
Much Easier to show your talents & play well in a good system where staff undestand what you have to offer, know your strenghts and weaknesses and play you corrrectly, better players around you makes things easier and you all just click most of the time
When most teams our departees are going to are better than us, much better, its a no brainer

Always thought Tommy Talau and Jock Madden were written off way too early. Both had real good performances tonight. Sometimes I think our retention is worse than our recruitment.
Neither would have played with their team at full strength. That's the problem, we need more than 5 games as a fill in. It's top end talent we lack.

I thought those two went OK.
We had Sheens running the show who thought he could make Brooks a half and Talau a winger.
Thank god it seems to be run a lot better now, fingers crossed.
Selections and recruitment appear to be on track considering what's troops are available and where we are aiming to be.
Retaining the best at a fair wage/time frame and moving on the non performers.
We can only hope?

NRL: NZ Warriors star Shaun Johnson reportedly rebuffs big Sydney Roosters offer to switch clubs next season​

16/05/2024 Grant Chapman

NZ Warriors star Shaun Johnson has reportedly turned down a substantial bid by Sydney Roosters to lure him back across the Tasman for the next two years.

Fox Sports claims the veteran half was offered a deal worth A$850,000 (NZ$929,000) a year to replace Luke Keary, who has announced his impending retirement at the end of this season.

Johnson, 33, is currently on a one-year contract with the Warriors, but is negotiating his future with the Auckland club. Fox Sports reports he will stay at Mt Smart for A$700,000 (NZ$765,000).

Hmm wonder who they'll target next??

NRL: NZ Warriors star Shaun Johnson reportedly rebuffs big Sydney Roosters offer to switch clubs next season​

16/05/2024 Grant Chapman

NZ Warriors star Shaun Johnson has reportedly turned down a substantial bid by Sydney Roosters to lure him back across the Tasman for the next two years.

Fox Sports claims the veteran half was offered a deal worth A$850,000 (NZ$929,000) a year to replace Luke Keary, who has announced his impending retirement at the end of this season.

Johnson, 33, is currently on a one-year contract with the Warriors, but is negotiating his future with the Auckland club. Fox Sports reports he will stay at Mt Smart for A$700,000 (NZ$765,000).

Wonder who they'll target next??
Bud Sullivan with any luck 😂😂😂

16/05/2024 Grant Chapman

Wonder who they'll target next??
start at the top of the list and work your way down

Much Easier to show your talents & play well in a good system where staff undestand what you have to offer, know your strenghts and weaknesses and play you corrrectly, better players around you makes things easier and you all just click most of the time
When most teams our departees are going to are better than us, much better, its a no brainer
Understand that but also just an observation about the harsh criticism they received on here by fans who expect that young players are going to be consistent performers in FG and then write them off because they miss a few tackles and or drop a few balls. Most couldn't wait to see the back of Tommy T. and Jock was considered no great loss. We have run out of patience for good reason but the expectation placed on our young players is way off and other clubs continue to prove it.

This barely requires a response.

Oh 🦌

Problem is everyone seems to go to a new level once they leave this footballers graveyard, talau,s form here definitely didn't warrant retaining

Problem is everyone seems to go to a new level once they leave this footballers graveyard, talau,s form here definitely didn't warrant retaining
Not all of them but those two in particular copped plenty of harsh criticism. One off season for Talau over 254 metres last night . Young players are inconsistent in even the best clubs but we seem to be quick to write them off - none more so than the fans. If we are backing on our juniors to get us out of the doldrums we better develop some additional patience as fans while they work out how best to develop them.

That’s where our outside backs are getting their defensive coaching from is it?
So they’re out there trying to kiss the top of the opponents head.
I guessing Randy the rainbow tiger has been our D coach for roughly 11 years?
It all makes sense now.

We need results now it’s been so long and therefore our patience isn’t always what it needs to be. But I thought jock was rough. You identify what you reckon is the next 7, you invest in his development and when he finishes his apprenticeship you sack him after a few months bcoz he can’t run a multi million dollar build? No. You give the kid support, and some time as a tradesman, and then you will reap the rewards and the other thing Jock was never a lazy bludger, Tom Talau enters the convo.

Back