Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tommy Talau did some nice things on Friday but also had a few horror moments. Costing his team tries.

Pauga played well but came up with a simple drop to kill the Roosters chances.

The guys we release to good clubs often become role players but rarely are they the game changers we are lacking to become a winning club.

I completely agree. Perhaps the point I was making was semantical but I get tired of people saying 'X isn't a first grader' when they mean 'X isn't an elite first grader' or 'gamebreaker'. The salary cap and high incidence of injuries means that guys like Pauga and Madden end up playing a lot of games, and for the most part they're serviceable. Of course we need much better than both because our squad is bereft of game breakers.

I think that is over-simplified.

For starters Armstrong is brand new and the real proof of a player is not the dynamic debut but rather the long-term consistency. Let's see how Armstrong does against consistenly good opponents once they've had a chance to figure him out.

Secondly, Bula plays for the worst team in the comp 2 years running. The Knights arent great but as they showed against us and Titans they are gritty and prepared to work hard down the middle, which is key for the fullback support. Tigers on the other hand fall away in the middle as the match grinds on and instead throw Bula sideways football and hope he does something with it.

Thirdly, Bula's "cruise control" is already fast. You don't have to have your wheels spinning to be effective. Armstrong and Bula are not the same kind of athlete.

In this case I blame the output of the team rather than the lack of effort from the fullback.

Papalii dropped off in 22 (As did Parra overall) \
Then 23 was schmozzle for most of the 22 Parra Squad - Wherever they were.

Reactions: 851
WE HAVE TO BUY US SOME REFEREES THAT MIGHT HELP US NOT OUR OPPONENTS, OUR PLAYERS GET 10 IN BIN FOR DOING SFA.

FROM NOW ON NADEN IS A RISK TO HAVE IN OUR TEAM,
AS THEY WILL GIVE HIM 10 IN BIN FOR ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A TACKLE, AND CLASSIFY IT AS DANGEROUS.

WE HAVE TO BUY US SOME REFEREES THAT MIGHT HELP US NOT OUR OPPONENTS, OUR PLAYERS GET 10 IN BIN FOR DOING SFA.

FROM NOW ON NADEN IS A RISK TO HAVE IN OUR TEAM,
AS THEY WILL GIVE HIM 10 IN BIN FOR ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A TACKLE, AND CLASSIFY IT AS DANGEROUS.

Naden should not be in our team again,his stupidity has cost us 2 games recently due to his poor discipline.Off load him during the off season he is a liability

Yea, ah. We did not sign Staines for 250k.
Seriously Staines would call up Ivan Cleary and go back to Penrith on Minimum contract.

Not saying I rate Staines, I am saying that I am fairly sure Staines could find a 400k contract on the market.
As if Staines would be on 300 or anything below. Some of you are dreaming.
How much do you blokes reckon he is worth now?

Of the 27 players signed to next year, I’d keep 16. Not sure the club can amnesty/cut/trade 10 professionals in one off-season. Regardless of everyone at the clubs best efforts, it will be another 5 years to clean up the playing roster and support it with depth below. Good luck to Rich, Benji and the team, turning this club around.

Of the 27 players signed to next year, I’d keep 16. Not sure the club can amnesty/cut/trade 10 professionals in one off-season. Regardless of everyone at the clubs best efforts, it will be another 5 years to clean up the playing roster and support it with depth below. Good luck to Rich, Benji and the team, turning this club around.
Of our starting 13s from throughout the season realistically only 2-3 players would be starting for any other club. Api, Stef, and maybe Sam Fainu. No one else that we consider good enough to be a starter would get regular gametime elsewhere. At best they'd be Pauga type backups filling in.
The likes of klem, Twal, Papalii might be on the bench. Bula would still be in NSW Cup at most clubs, learning the role like Harry Grant. Most clubs wouldn't have thrown Galvin in yet, he'd be in Cup or maybe coming off the bench, but he wouldn't be thrown in the deep end.

we are in dire need of some speed and power in the backs and footballing IQ. Turuva and Luai help but we’re still at least two classy additions off being competitive, possibly more depending on Laulili’i’s development.
Spot on.

We need to make it like buying a house... Yiu have certain criteria you want and you stick hard and fast to that bar an extrely exceptional circumstance
Big
Powerful
Fast (most crucial)
Don't settle for anything lass however in reality our shopping list is quite restricted in we can't afford to pick and choose... We're beggars and can't be choosy

Less than a week out from Origin teams being picked. I have received information that if Payne Haas decides to take off some time during Origin due to his personal situation, Madge will turn to big Taniela Paseka from Manly who is having a great year. Haumole also been in discussions with Madge in the past week. Mitch Barnett is another smokey who is being considered by the Blues

Someone for next year

Braidon Burns
Mawene Hiroto
Raymond Vaega
Paul Alamoti
Daniel Tupou
Tupou is close to re-signing with the Roosters so he won’t happen and I think Alamoti is at Panthers next year. Vargas is a maybe the other two I don’t know. I know Burns was decent the other night but him not playing first grade regularly is a concern.

we are in dire need of some speed and power in the backs and footballing IQ. Turuva and Luai help but we’re still at least two classy additions off being competitive, possibly more depending on Laulili’i’s
Seriously if we have Olam, Turuva and Laulilli all in our 2-5 we will have to enter in the Dwarf Competition.
We might get away with 2 short players within our 2-5, definately not any more.

Seriously if we have Olam, Turuva and Laulilli all in our 2-5 we will have to enter in the Dwarf Competition.
We might get away with 2 short players within our 2-5, definately not any more.
I've been through this before. Penrith's full strength backline contains May, Tago, Turuva and To'o. none of them are above 184cm. there are ways to counteract taller wingers.

and furthermore, it's only going to be temporary. Makasini and Willett will likely make their way into first grade in due course and those two are towers. right now, if we can get 2/3 in regards to speed, power and height, I'll take it. Laulili'i and Turuva are also ten times more skilful than what we currently have playing first grade.

Naden should not be in our team again,his stupidity has cost us 2 games recently due to his poor discipline.Off load him during the off season he is a liability
I agree he should be in KOE but I reckon it’s our attack that is costing us games. Even after the double sinbinning we had more than enough chances to win the game. Attack is our major problem at the moment.

Latest posts

Back