Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Seriously though imagine the stress and spotlight for a Head Coach week in and out, but nobody gives you any kind of break between November and October every year, except Xmas.
What are you smoking? Between October and Feb - 5 months of the year, NRL news is next to nothing. Spotlight week in week out my ass.

Why is that specifically? No game until 7th June and half the clubs have a bye.

Benji probably hasnt had a break since January.

So please dont ever be in charge of my annual leave.
We’re on an 8 match losing streak early-ish in his first year as a head coach. You’d think he might want to spend some time working to improve.

The Storm also have a bye, I wonder if Bellamy is off on a holiday?

We’re on an 8 match losing streak early-ish in his first year as a head coach. You’d think he might want to spend some time working to improve.

Yes he almost certainly is

Reactions: 851

Cmon, how petty and shallow a comment is that, questioning whether or not he's got the work ethic to improve performances just because he's taking a break.

The bloke signed on as Head Coach of the wooden spooners, could have sat back doing his cushy media job, and then you question that he is somehow uncaring or uncommitted to turning things around.

Do you really think Richo would go yeah have a weekend off if it wasn’t normal?

It’s called a bye for a reason to give players & coaching staff a weekend break.

Bellamy headed to QLD.

Bennett during the bye periods often heads up to his farm.

As a rookie coach Benji should have a break to freshen up. His head will be spinning. Not as though he would be running coaching drills etc anyway over the weekend… the players won’t be turning up….

Do you honestly think training for an extra week is going to change any results?

They have been training and working harder over the last 8 weeks to change results and hasn’t worked so why would another week change anything?

Under the rpla agreements byes were setup to give players the weekend off to rest/recover/step away. So what would Benji actually coach?

When things go wrong people tend to go into bunker/disaster mode which creates panic, over analyzing and over working on the wrong things - you tend to find more people try to solve crap which creates confusion. The 2nd panic steps into things the players will switch right off & flood gates will open. Instead of having a pause, taking a step back, remaining calm and not panicking to focus on a different way to attack things.

What’s his greatest strength? I’d say we expected he would use his speed to turn half chances into tries when we paid good money for him. He sees space at the moment and cringes. Needs to be dropped to score a few braces/hat tricks & regain some confidence.
I think his speed is overestimated. He's not Saab or Hamiso quick. Those guys actually do turn half chances into chances.

My go to benchmark is whether he would be first choice at another team....the answer for Staines would be no.

Don't get me wrong, he's ok...but literally a fringe first grader that can do a job if injuries hit. That's exactly how Penrith used him.

Interesting looking at the Blues lineup and thinking who Madge would recruit if he stayed here.
1. Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Stephen Crichton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
4. Joseph Sua’ali’i (Sydney Roosters)
5. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Nicholas Hynes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
8. Jake Trbojevic (c) (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
9. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
12. Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
13. Cameron McInnes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
14. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
15. Haumole Olakau’atu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
16. Spencer Leniu (Sydney Roosters)
17. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
18. Matt Burton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
19. Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters)
20. Mitchell Barnett (Warriors)

We see the Boom centers in Crichton and Suaalii. Clearly Madge would have gone for Lomax.
Yet no Center reserves or back reserves. It's Halfbacks and Halves with Keary, Burton as reserves to Hynes/Luai. I would have gone for Latrell as a utility (or at least a utility somewhere).

Otherwise it's a very thuddy front row. I am surprised Cameron McInnes is in there. I believe Madge would have recruited the same Tigers front row we have now, judging by the origin selections.

Not surprised that none of our team made the cut. Also None of our ex players I believe are in this list.
Am I a prick for being happy that no Tigers were selected?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
What’s his greatest strength? I’d say we expected he would use his speed to turn half chances into tries when we paid good money for him. He sees space at the moment and cringes. Needs to be dropped to score a few braces/hat tricks & regain some confidence.

You have seen how bad our nsw cup is performing right?
Zero chance he would regain his confidence and grab a bunch of tries in reggies.

Latest posts

Back