Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Lomax asked for a release mid year, and Pezet manager was all over the situation well before the end of the season - claiming Lomax had played his last game for the Eels (he knew where the money was coming from and where it was going)

Browns money was spent not long after he announced he was moving on and Lomax money was spent on Pezet and Kelly.

If they didn’t spend it on Pezet and Kelly, where is it - they knocked him back when he was looking to return.

Furthermore, where are they getting the money for Stefano, Coates etc.
they haven’t got a mill sitting there, even if Melbourne would release one.
If a Storm player was to go over to them and it would be a decent one, it would definitely have the smell of stinky salary cap syndrome.

The same faint whiff coming from some of the clubs through the years.
 
Lomax asked for a release mid year, and Pezet manager was all over the situation well before the end of the season - claiming Lomax had played his last game for the Eels (he knew where the money was coming from and where it was going)

Browns money was spent not long after he announced he was moving on and Lomax money was spent on Pezet and Kelly.

If they didn’t spend it on Pezet and Kelly, where is it - they knocked him back when he was looking to return.

Furthermore, where are they getting the money for Stefano, Coates etc.
they haven’t got a mill sitting there, even if Melbourne would release one.
It's a good dinner table discussion. Perhaps even for the pub, but should we care?

Shouldn't we be positive?

Where are all the guys that want to play devils advocate and ignore the past in this situation?

Anyone? Hello?
 
If a Storm player was to go over to them and it would be a decent one, it would definitely have the smell of stinky salary cap syndrome.

The same faint whiff coming from some of the clubs through the years.
I’m sure HBG have got their finger prints all over this mess.
#Typical

Word on the street is - Lorax to Melbourne: Storm Man to Parramatta - a like for like swap.

#RugbyLeagueIsTheWinner
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 5
Mate what do you know 🤣 he hasn’t played any prop other than a year in cup

He’s been a second rower and lock for most of his career

Instead of talking about a kid who has done more this morning than you have done your whole life, why don’t you celebrate that we have a wealthy and fruitful junior system promoting our cubs
Sukkar was hitting hard in defence and got into good position to unload near the Rooser's line especially when he got one on one with the defender. I like his progress and certainly if he is a client of Moses, it says a lot about his ceiling.
 
Tony is 104 kg and 186 cm, which is a decent size but fairly typical for an NRL forward, and he’ll only be 22 this year.

Most forwards take time to establish themselves in the NRL because the physical advantage they relied on in juniors disappears, forcing them to develop technical, tactical, and mental attributes before they can compete effectively.

I haven't seen much from him that suggests he has or had something else other than some size in juniors. It can translate to NRL, but he's not particularly aggressive like Sam Fainu...it's actually what I worry about with KPP too. Seyfarth...aggressive without the size to back it up.

I'm certain Tony is a good bloke though.
And we have to remember not every player in our top 30 is signed with potential to be a superstar. We need solid depth players who know Benji's system & can play the role set for them.

I thought Sukkar was very good in the trial on Saturday and actually was strong in contact on both sides of the ball.
 
Got some 2nd hand signing info from reliable source that may have been posted here already.

Bula was offered a 4 year deal (new deal starting 2027 not extension) worth $3.5M late last year. Apparently his manager said they only want 2 years. Tigers then presented a 2 year offer but it turns out Bula is happy to stay longer (mixed messages from his manager).

Twal's extension was a renegotiation, ie. Took less over more years. Also, as I've hinted at before, Bird is gone. Not sure why they haven't announced it yet. He thinks the English club may be waiting for us to kick in more or its a visa thing. Regardless, there's no waiting on his release for cap relief as we are in a good spot and even able to frontload some of the bigger contracts which could mean a play for a big signing for 2027. Although, internally very settled and the coaching team wants to see how we go before closing in on a target. He still thinks we were heavily in the box for a big name forward but hasn't heard anything else about that for a while.
 
Sukkar has actually played most of his footy days as a prop. So no, it's fair. He only played second row due to a lack of other options, like Seyfarth. They're both props. As is Roberts.
That’s why he is called Balmain Boy, he is just a Boy! The problem is he has NFI - Team did well for first trail game. This week will be interesting to watch with minimal chop and changes
 
Got some 2nd hand signing info from reliable source that may have been posted here already.

Bula was offered a 4 year deal (new deal starting 2027 not extension) worth $3.5M late last year. Apparently his manager said they only want 2 years. Tigers then presented a 2 year offer but it turns out Bula is happy to stay longer (mixed messages from his manager).

Twal's extension was a renegotiation, ie. Took less over more years. Also, as I've hinted at before, Bird is gone. Not sure why they haven't announced it yet. He thinks the English club may be waiting for us to kick in more or its a visa thing. Regardless, there's no waiting on his release for cap relief as we are in a good spot and even able to frontload some of the bigger contracts which could mean a play for a big signing for 2027. Although, internally very settled and the coaching team wants to see how we go before closing in on a target. He still thinks we were heavily in the box for a big name forward but hasn't heard anything else about that for a while.
Great info mate cheers
 
Got some 2nd hand signing info from reliable source that may have been posted here already.

Bula was offered a 4 year deal (new deal starting 2027 not extension) worth $3.5M late last year. Apparently his manager said they only want 2 years. Tigers then presented a 2 year offer but it turns out Bula is happy to stay longer (mixed messages from his manager).

Twal's extension was a renegotiation, ie. Took less over more years. Also, as I've hinted at before, Bird is gone. Not sure why they haven't announced it yet. He thinks the English club may be waiting for us to kick in more or it’s a visa thing. Regardless, there's no waiting on his release for cap relief as we are in a good spot and even able to frontload some of the bigger contracts which could mean a play for a big signing for 2027. Although, internally very settled and the coaching team wants to see how we go before closing in on a target. He still thinks we were heavily in the box for a big name forward but hasn't heard anything else about that for a while.
Birds delay is Visa Issues. Was in an interview with Brad Arthur.
 
I agree with you mate. It’s difficult to be yourself when you’re in such a rigid system.
As I said previous, I remember him as a player who was pure aggression and 100% attack. Maybe the coaching staff have a mould for him and expect him to stick to it
You guys do know that once kids get into grade they are taught 2 things
1. When you have the ball it’s land on your stomach and get a quick play the ball
2. Defence wise hold the attacker up don’t let him get to ground until another teammate or hopefully 2 arrive and then put him on the ground on his back.

Unless of course you are a superstar then you can still play eyes up football.

The games not what it used to be 😩
 
Lomax asked for a release mid year, and Pezet manager was all over the situation well before the end of the season - claiming Lomax had played his last game for the Eels (he knew where the money was coming from and where it was going)

Browns money was spent not long after he announced he was moving on and Lomax money was spent on Pezet and Kelly.

If they didn’t spend it on Pezet and Kelly, where is it - they knocked him back when he was looking to return.

Furthermore, where are they getting the money for Stefano, Coates etc.
they haven’t got a mill sitting there, even if Melbourne would release one.
I think they knocked him back because they don't want him and why would they - what they want is a decent compensation - not the pennies Melbourne are offering
 
Back
Top