Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Probably got something to do with bombing from the back field

We struggled to make metres when we got pushed into our 20 and then got pinned. It’s hard to kick and make good ground in those circumstances.

Our biggest signing, Jarome, was a woeful kicker, and whilst Adam was ok at dropping high bombs, we really didn’t have a broken play kicker to gain territory, apply pressure or force drop outs.

Considering the problems we had, and Jock finishing 10th in the kicking rankings, he did a good job.
 
Jock is depth we all know it. Cost next to nothing in terms of halves and did a pretty good job in most games that he was called up when the rest of the team around him also had a dig.
Agree. He is not the most glamorous halfback but good enough at this stage. I agree we need better in long term but for the moment having Madden and Latu working together in 27 is not too bad is it.
 
If I was to rate our 1 to 7 v Newcastle's 1 to 7 head to head at most we might win 2 ....maybe even only 1 match up

We have a better hooker , one better prop and the back row is probably even

So from 13 spots we win maybe 4 head to head

If you not only believe the bookies , but then match us up head to head against all the current squad's in 2026 we are bottom 4

I'm not making this shit up .....Bulas not Top 10 , our wingers are bottom 4 , Taylan May is Top half , Toa, Makasini are bottom 8 centres of the 34 across the board , Luai was bottom 6 and that's being extremely nice , Doueihi based on all form is bottom half of all 7s , Twal is around the middle , KPP and Samuela is Top half of the 34 second rowers in the comp ,Api is Top 6 as far as hookers go , Fonua Pole probably around the middle and Terrell May in the top half
Not great reading

And so far this off season we have Averillo and Brailey coming on board

How do you rate them , Brailey I don't think played NRL and Averillo played maybe 5 games at most

I want to be positive Ink .....I really do ....but when you look at the facts and break it down man on man ....it ain't pretty

Then let's start on the coaching staff ....where does Benji rate as a head coach ....up head to head against the other 16 coaches ......bottom 4

Assistant coaches .... this is very arguable I know , but our best assistant left in my opinion We are definitely bottom 4

Our leagues club , HBG , our juniors and their development

I basically stopped posting on here because I hated being so negative , but the cons outweigh the pros so significantly you just can't ignore it if you are going to be fair and honest with yourself
Im not teying to convince you against anything weve both said...as i said reality...as you mentioned...usually hits us around July.
I look at the roosters.game...knights and wahs early...if we can replicate that a bit more, thats my hope..sports a funny beast and rougies get up sometimes
 

Latest posts

Back
Top