Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Don’t twist things . This has nothing to do with that . It has to do with the same people continuously posting the same negative shit, over and over and ultimately feeding into everyone’s worse impulses . I never said we will do this and that . All I said was there’s reasons to be optimistic , and stated those reasons.
I think the bookies have completely over valued luai , and completely undervalued May and KPP , and Latu . I think frizell , brailey and Mann add some adults in the room , and real depth around key positions . Especially 9. Our season fell apart when we had to field Hope and Lanyon .
hopefully we never have to see AD in the halves again and that experiment is done forever . We do need another half . And the rumours are brooksy on a couple of years . I’m ok with that . He can tackle and has a good long kicking game allowing the defensive line to get down field .
But like I said stop posting negative shit over and over . It brings everyone down . You and gunner are doing my head in , along with a few others . I get it , you love being an Eeyore but if you think this team is the same as teams like the 2023/24 teams or worse I think that’s absolutely silly .
The moment we get Latu and Andruws bodies right and ruggedised for nrl , that’s the moment we will be a force in this comp. They will both be wearing blue and maroon by 2030 IMO. We just have to get them on the field . Latus time is now . I believe in him. Javon needs 2 pre seasons probably .
Cheer up is all I’m saying . Fark the bookies what do they know ? It’s pretty easy to look at last years ladder and then predict your 8 to be exactly the same . Which is what every “expert” does every year . And they’re always wrong .
It’s just an opinion on football mate. It’s not like someone is mocking your wife and kids. After years of what we’ve been through, it’s only natural some will disengage on some level, feel jaded and would rather wait till they see results, rather than feeling a perpetual state of optimism. Feel free to disagree and not feel that way yourself, but long winded rants like this are way OTT. Feels like you are taking it personally.
 
The faithful guys were like clairvoyant with this . Said we needed a big development win … @jrtiger @poopy_diaper . Did you guys know this was on the cards? Was this the messaging out of the club ? A nice Tony Romo moment for you guys .
nah mate, didn’t have a clue.

that said, delighted with this. David’s a super talent and a natural footballer regardless of whether he plays 1 or in the halves. amazing footwork, silky ballplaying skills and deceptively strong for his size.

I have some queries about him defending up in the line, but attitude’s half the battle and I’m confident he’s got what it takes in that department.

if you want a player comp, it’s Canberra-era Tony Milford. crazy kick returns and trick plays coupled with genuine attacking brilliance.

these are the exact signings we need to make. sensational work WT.
 
Was that first grade or reggies? I can’t find a single example or stat that backs that up. Maybe the statisticians are all wrong…

I hadn’t heard of David Breynton until the online article today. I watched some videos and he looks the goods, but I’m unsure why the Dogs would have released such a young top prospect.
Dogs landed themselves in hot water with a number of players on their roster and their agents because they promised the world and delivered an atlas after stockpiling too many juniors and killing their development.

it’s a balancing act and they completely bungled it. their loss is our gain with Bryenton, Barakat and Nassar.
 
If I was to rate our 1 to 7 v Newcastle's 1 to 7 head to head at most we might win 2 ....maybe even only 1 match up

We have a better hooker , one better prop and the back row is probably even

So from 13 spots we win maybe 4 head to head

If you not only believe the bookies , but then match us up head to head against all the current squad's in 2026 we are bottom 4

I'm not making this shit up .....Bulas not Top 10 , our wingers are bottom 4 , Taylan May is Top half , Toa, Makasini are bottom 8 centres of the 34 across the board , Luai was bottom 6 and that's being extremely nice , Doueihi based on all form is bottom half of all 7s , Twal is around the middle , KPP and Samuela is Top half of the 34 second rowers in the comp ,Api is Top 6 as far as hookers go , Fonua Pole probably around the middle and Terrell May in the top half
Not great reading

And so far this off season we have Averillo and Brailey coming on board

How do you rate them , Brailey I don't think played NRL and Averillo played maybe 5 games at most

I want to be positive Ink .....I really do ....but when you look at the facts and break it down man on man ....it ain't pretty

Then let's start on the coaching staff ....where does Benji rate as a head coach ....up head to head against the other 16 coaches ......bottom 4

Assistant coaches .... this is very arguable I know , but our best assistant left in my opinion We are definitely bottom 4

Our leagues club , HBG , our juniors and their development

I basically stopped posting on here because I hated being so negative , but the cons outweigh the pros so significantly you just can't ignore it if you are going to be fair and honest with yourself
Don't stop posting happy, I agree with you. I don't think much changes next season. If we made the finals this season we would have got pumped we don't play with the finals intensity.
 
nah mate, didn’t have a clue.

that said, delighted with this. David’s a super talent and a natural footballer regardless of whether he plays 1 or in the halves. amazing footwork, silky ballplaying skills and deceptively strong for his size.

I have some queries about him defending up in the line, but attitude’s half the battle and I’m confident he’s got what it takes in that department.

if you want a player comp, it’s Canberra-era Tony Milford. crazy kick returns and trick plays coupled with genuine attacking brilliance.

these are the exact signings we need to make. sensational work WT.
Sounds like a good signing. Doesnt bode well for the WTF's boy Logan Deninger though
 
I actually think the tactic came from nfl of all places . It’s about height as much as distance to allow the defence to apply pressure . It’s the same principle though , whether you find grass or not . Kick to the corner , apply pressure , and limit any opportunity of starting thier set on the front foot . . Like you said .. it’s a simple game at times
Highly likely that Jack Gibson bought it back from his trip to view how the NFL did business. Along with the Nautilus machines for strength training I recall reading he came back with something along the lines of "You can't be a mug all week and not be a mug at the weekend football" referring to the kick on at the pub after training.

He pioneered the professional players and code as we know it today. Before my time but many of the principles still apply. My go to books for alternate looks at how to develop game plans/coaching plans are military strategies - you can go back as far a Sun Tzu and there are plenty you can apply - one of my favourites is:

"An army may be likened to water, for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens onwards towards the hollows. So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak."

In application players should never crash blindly into a set, balanced "surface" of defenders. The entire objective of sets is to move the opposition to create a weakness.

He has plenty of others that relate well to deception (decoys runners, block plays etc), second phase play, quick play the balls, and ways to unhinge a superior enemy (opposition). I always found as a senior player and as a coach that looking outside of the rugby league/rugby union box allows you to develop novel approaches to games.

Not all were successful of course.
 
Some of throw a huge party, other may tear up their party dress! I guess it depends on what side of the line you are on and by how far.
I don't think we can afford to release AD for 2027. We are slim on game changers, and regardless of what some fans say, the reality is that when AD is humming he can change the course of a game.

The issue is that he's injury prone, just like Latu.

Benji has a lot of roster decisions to make.
 
I don't think we can afford to release AD for 2027. We are slim on game changers, and regardless of what some fans say, the reality is that when AD is humming he can change the course of a game.

The issue is that he's injury prone, just like Latu.

Benji has a lot of roster decisions to make.
We are slim on big bodies who have good speed off the mark and we are slim on players who are genuine tackle busters and line breakers.
It’s beyond me why we have any supporters who cannot see and understand this if we expect to have a successful team.
This doesn’t mean Doueihi is an automatic selection, he will have to earn his position in the top 17 like everyone else.
 
nah mate, didn’t have a clue.

that said, delighted with this. David’s a super talent and a natural footballer regardless of whether he plays 1 or in the halves. amazing footwork, silky ballplaying skills and deceptively strong for his size.

I have some queries about him defending up in the line, but attitude’s half the battle and I’m confident he’s got what it takes in that department.

if you want a player comp, it’s Canberra-era Tony Milford. crazy kick returns and trick plays coupled with genuine attacking brilliance.

these are the exact signings we need to make. sensational work WT.
Bloody hell. Canberra Anthony Milford was unbelievable. Do we reckon this bloke will be on the bench in first grade next year?
 
Back
Top