Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Dont think its been mentioned today, but Musgrove appeared in court today. Anyone know if found not guilty he will be in plans for next year?

@TheFleagle said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1071426) said:
Dont think its been mentioned today, but Musgrove appeared in court today. Anyone know if found not guilty he will be in plans for next year?

Back in court on Wednesday...will know more after Wednesday....But his lawyers put a strong case for a not guilty verdict

Luke Thompson is an English professional rugby league footballer who plays as prop for St Helens in the Super League and England at international level. He has spent time on loan from Saints at the Rochdale Hornets in the Championship 1. He has played his most of his professional career to date for St Helens, with whom he won the 2014 Super League Grand Final.

Born: 27 Apr 1995 (age 24) · St Helens, England

Height: 185 cm

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1071422) said:
@jrtiger
His coach Justin Holbrook rates him the best prop in the world he is 24 185 cm & 106kg a huge man if we could get him WOW

He'd be one of the smallest props in the nrl so you'd want him to have a hell of a lot of mongrel. Easily the smallest prop in our team. Never seen him play though. If he's like Gallen then could be a great pick up

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1071443) said:
@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1071422) said:
@jrtiger
His coach Justin Holbrook rates him the best prop in the world he is 24 185 cm & 106kg a huge man if we could get him WOW

He'd be one of the smallest props in the nrl so you'd want him to have a hell of a lot of mongrel. Easily the smallest prop in our team. Never seen him play though. If he's like Gallen then could be a great pick up

Taller and heavier than Gallen.

@balmain-boy - I have been singing this guys praises for a while now. He just won the Harry Sutherland Medal in the SL GF on the weekend (our Clive Churchill equivalent). He played for 70min straight at Prop making 188m and 42 tackles. This guy could transform our team. He is aggressive in the tackle and runs with determination. Top of the signings for me is this guy and what a coup it would it be.

Few on the dragons forum are saying Lomax is signing with us

Yeah its stated on Facebook that luke Thompson to the tigers...would be a massive pick up

Thompson is contracted to St Helens to the end of 2020 and they weren't keen to let him go 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure what could have changed since.

Luke Thompson opens up on NRL rumours
September 27, 2019 Matthew Shaw

ST Helens forward Luke Thompson has broken his silence on rumours linking him with the NRL.

Reports Down Under have claimed England head coach Wayne Bennett is desperate to lure Thompson to his NRL club, South Sydney Rabbitohs, in the future.

But Saints issued a strong hands-off warning to the Rabbitohs or any interested clubs overseas, insisting their star prop wasn’t available.

However, the 24-year-old, who was named as a member of this season’s Super League Dream Team, is off-contract at the end of 2020 and will be free to speak to clubs from next May, leaving Saints in danger of losing one of their top performers.

For the first time, Thompson, who will travel to the Southern Hemisphere with Great Britain later this year, has had his say on the speculation, saying he will consider all his options when the time comes.

“I’ve still got another year left at St Helens, which I’ll be playing,” he said.

“I’ve not really spoken much with St Helens about it yet. I’m just concentrating on my rugby for the time being, then there might be some opportunities there that I’ll have a look at, but I’ve not decided anything yet.

“I always want to be the best I can be. But I’m happy at St Helens and doing pretty well. We’ve got a good squad, so I’m happy and I think that’s all that matters. So long as you’re happy it’s all good.”

Thompson will be a key member of St Helens’ squad that takes on Wigan tonight at the Totally Wicked Stadium in this week’s second semi-final.

Article above for what that's worth but definitely sounds someone who would walk into our side

Just named in the England squad along with a couple of strange ones, Lachlan Coote, Jackson Hastings & Blake Austin

It also stated that souths are interested in him as well....if I remember we were in the mix for sam Burgess until that grub crowe got to him

Wests Tigers Podcast posted that he's rumoured to be coming to us. I know they post on here, so if they could point us in the direction of this rumour, it would be appreciated.

Just curious how much would he command, haven't seen much of the kid but don't think a 24 year old SL prop would break the bank too much.....

Seems to be a player though based off his stats and accomplishments

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back