Slipshenry - please drop him

Roysta59

Fitz tonight (as with many games this year) he is just not up to first grade.
High balls, support play, defence, general skills. We have many good wingers coming out of the grades and Brown is so much stroger…..although he is not my first picked.
From memory Fitz dropped to bombs, threw a stupid forward pass to benji, and was confused at dummy hald running.
PLEASE DROP HIM.
Daniela defended pretty well tonight and didn't get much ball.
Thats just my pick

and he gos to the ground in a voluntary tackle every time too

@Roysta59 said:
Fitz tonight (as with many games this year) he is just not up to first grade.
High balls, support play, defence, general skills. We have many good wingers coming out of the grades and Brown is so much stroger…..although he is not my first picked.
From memory Fitz dropped to bombs, threw a stupid forward pass to benji, and was confused at dummy hald running.
PLEASE DROP HIM.
Daniela defended pretty well tonight and didn't get much ball.
Thats just my pick

Who do you suggest should replace Fitzhenry?
IMO he brings to the team a measure of flexibility given that he can play so many different (back) positions and whilst he has erred it has not been grosser than others. He's even tackled and caught to save tries and scored tries.
IMO the critics of DF think there's some reserve grade star in the wings?

He does cover a lot of positions but arguably he doesn't do it very well.

There may well be a star in reggies who will blossom into an NRL star given the chance. But if they are never given a go how will we know?

I dont live in Sydney so I have to go off the reports of others on here that do go.

I have however played competitive footy all my life and know that sometimes when you take a punt on a young bloke they can and do surprise you.

At the start of the year young Lazarus was being talked up on here on a weekly basis. I saw him play one state game and thought he was very good. He wasn't given a fair go in first grade and now it seems has been discarded to the scrap heap.

Stryker: I too think Blake Lazarus has a lot of potential - but in defence, even in the NSW Cup he defends out at out-side centre, not at half-back. No doubt for good reason - whilst he is no doubt gutsy he is quite lean, even for a half-back. And yes "Balmain Tiger" I agree, DF is the best utility player the WTs have.
As I wrote on a post here earlier this week it made me sick to see and hear so-called tigers supporters boo DF when his appearance was announced over the loudspeaker and big screen the other week in the game against the Raiders.
Next time that happens some us will be be taking notes (and video) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I hope you do take video of these cretins and post it for a shaming session.

I may criticise some blokes but I would never boo them - thats pathetic.

@Cat&Fiddle said:
Stryker: I too think Blake Lazarus has a lot of potential - but in defence, even in the NSW Cup he defends out at out-side centre, not at half-back. No doubt for good reason - whilst he is no doubt gutsy he is quite lean, even for a half-back. And yes "Balmain Tiger" I agree, DF is the best utility player the WTs have.
As I wrote on a post here earlier this week it made me sick to see and hear so-called tigers supporters boo DF when his appearance was announced over the loudspeaker and big screen the other week in the game against the Raiders.
Next time that happens some us will be be taking notes (and video) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i agree, it is disgusting that fans boo their own player…to criticize on a forum is one thing but to do that is just low.

Fulton - He can cover many postitions - 9,7,6,3,4\. Ashyford can also cover 6,3,4,2,5, Lawrence can cover 6,3,4,5, 2,1, Ellis can cover 11,12,13,3,4 Dwyer ,11, 12,13, 4,5\. Daneila 3,4,5,1,2, I think we have a very well rounded bunch.
I doubt we need Fitzy. I was a big fan 5 yrs ago.
13 games an 1 try against the raiders with 3 mins on the clock.
I just think it's time to give others a go. Fair enough if he was carving up but he looks to be scared of contact

Fitzhenry is not a starter. He's a #17\. He should never wear any other number.

If there's an injury mid game, sure, cover in the halves or in the backs, but never, EVER, should he be named in the starting 13.

I wondrer if sheens will come out and say 'yep the so called fans were right'

even by fitzys standards that was a terrible performance. Hasan saleh would have done better.

Fitzy didn't have his best game, but after his solid performances in the prior rounds, he doesn't deserve to be dropped. There were plenty out there tonight that also offered nothing.

That said, Mitch offers more and should be getting a run on the wing first. Just have Fitzy off the bench, give him his 10 minute run, and get brown into the run on side. Fitzy does have good utility value.

As long as beau is injured, do not be suprised that Fitzy will be in the run on team.
we all know that he will more than likely be in the 17 for remainder of the season.
he will be used for his "utility" value

Back