Solomona Faataape #276

Nope he signed a development contract and wasn’t signed to a NRL team for 24.

He looks small compared to Feledy in the training pic.
Do you mean the 3rd last pic? Are you talking Ht.?
Bcoz the pic in the signed on article he looks big as in fat, chubby, not big and muscle like Pole. Looks like he’s gunna have an arse the size of two elephants dancing the bump.

Another development contract signing in line with the previous, in that we are going after successful reserve grade players, as opposed to taking a punt on a kid. Good to see.
It’s one way to do it. Most of the best kids are signed to long term top 30 deals with the expectation they’ll build to play first grade where as train and trails and dev contracts are more reserved for your project prototype of player.

Good luck Solomona .....please don't turn him into a SOO player within a week Forumers
Don’t worry, unlikely to even feature in first grade so as his contract says, developmental.
We’ll look for him in 2025 + if he stays around.
Didn’t we also have some hotshot back from PNG, but don’t hear anything of him these days. Is he still with us or gone back to PNG.

I think he is the archetypal development player. He is athletic and from his highlight reel - definitely has an attractive running game with the ability to set his winger up with quick hands.

As someone else pointed out, there is nothing in his reel to suggest he can defend. The concerning parts for me are his tackle efficiency is quite moderate at 74% in a second tier competition and centre is the hardest position to defend.

I think he will play quite a lot of cup this year and they will try to improve his defence. He strikes me a little as an upgrade to Tristan Reilly who could attack and defence improved with coaching.

Nothing wrong with his resume, he was a Qld Cup standout 2 years running, so he’s done the hard yards to earning a shot at playing NRL.
My reservations are he struggled to make an impact against Souths NSW Cup side on Grand Final day and not sure if he’s quick enough to overcome his short sticky build.
But I welcome his addition and he’s certainly deserves an opportunity.
Reservations ? Ffs easts won the qcup weekend before, been on the sauce for a week, ease up .

Reservations ? Ffs easts won the qcup weekend before, been on the sauce for a week, ease up .
Yeah even the best can have an off day

Jesus... Reserve grade tackle efficienct stats... Could be relevant but he also seems to have plenty of attitude of the right type which is also relevant in this regard

Don’t worry, unlikely to even feature in first grade so as his contract says, developmental.
We’ll look for him in 2025 + if he stays around.
Didn’t we also have some hotshot back from PNG, but don’t hear anything of him these days. Is he still with us or gone back to PNG.
We still have hime. He injured his knee last season.

Do you mean the 3rd last pic? Are you talking Ht.?
Bcoz the pic in the signed on article he looks big as in fat, chubby, not big and muscle like Pole. Looks like he’s gunna have an arse the size of two elephants dancing the bump.
I'll bow to your superior knowledge as there is no doubt that you have a great amount of expertise when it comes to butts. :ROFLMAO:

The thing I love about Faataape is his effort areas - he reads the play well, is always there to clean up a ball on the ground, protect the catcher (even if he does give away a penalty!)...he is a selfless player.

I still do think that physically he needs another preseason so he can start to be more damaging with his running - it's a step up in strength and power from QLD Cup - I have no doubt he'll get there. Going to be a great player for us.

has been brilliant to begin his NRL career, but I do think some time in Cup will help him once Naden reaches full fitness.

there is absolutely a long term first grader there, it's just that he needs to work on a few things defensively and is a little behind on conditioning given he joined the squad in January. the most pleasing thing has been his workrate and scramble, but his ability to bend the line and set up his outside man will become more evident once he hits full fitness.

He's been solid but unspectacular for us. Had zero impact in attack, and hasn't done the dirty hit ups. Doesn't have the clangers in his game that someone like Kepaoa does so that consistency has him ahead for now but he needs to offer more in attack seeing he's been caught out a number of times in defence.

He's not fast or powerful enough for NRL currently, but he's a handy backup for the moment while Naden is getting back to fitness. Time in Cup to keep working on his game will aid his development.

I think he'll play nsw cup this week though with Naden getting a start

Members online

Back