SOO Game 1 2021 *Spoilers

@watersider said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384941) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384923) said:
@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384921) said:
@hugh1954 said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384918) said:
@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384912) said:
I just wanna say a huge up yours to NSW people who wanna cheer on the opposition due to 'penrith tossers' , 'political selections' etc.
Suck on a fat one, you stateless wankers.

I just feel sorry for you if thats what it takes to make you feel better

I can see where Gal is coming from .......from 1959 to 1980 Qld won 4 games and 1 draw v NSW

And we stuck solid

How on earth fans cheer against their own state really baffles me.

Enjoyed your passion for the contest. I just don't care. Borders are constructs. The only thing real to me is the Tigers.

Even chanting New South Wales suggests some sort of odd obsession with the western region of the UK, rather than a deep love for the territory that it's used to label this place.

I don't mind people who don't care. I don't like people who cheer for another state.

@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384942) said:
I just wanna say a huge up yours to NSW people who wanna cheer on the opposition due to 'penrith tossers' , 'political selections' etc.

I can see where Gal is coming from .......from 1959 to 1980 Qld won 4 games and 1 draw v NSW

And we stuck solid

Enjoyed your passion for the contest. I just don't care. Borders are constructs. The only thing real to me is the Tigers.

Even chanting New South Wales suggests some sort of odd obsession with the western region of the UK, rather than a deep love for the territory that it's used to label this place.

I don't mind people who don't care. I don't like people who cheer for another state.

I've cheered for queensland. Loved seeing Gallen, Pearce, Ennis lose. I see it as a bunch of players in coloured sponsored wear. Would like to care about Origin, but I don't. Sorry, feel like I'm letting my state down now. Although, it's very NSW to go for QLD. Obviously a queenslander would never do that. That's sort of what I like about them.

@watersider said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384943) said:

And we stuck solid

I've cheered for queensland. Loved seeing Gallen, Pearce, Ennis lose. I see it as a bunch of players in coloured sponsored wear. Would like to care about Origin, but I don't. Sorry, feel like I'm letting my state down now. Although, it's very NSW to go for QLD. Obviously a queenslander would never do that. That's sort of what I like about them.

I don't get it. You cheered for Qld but dont care about origin? I don't care about AFL so don't cheer for any team in that comp. Why did people go out of their way to tell everyone they doubt care about something?

And we stuck solid

Clearly you do care because you have cheered for Queensland. If you truly didn’t care you wouldn’t cheer for either side, the game would have no meaning for you.

@mike said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384945) said:

And we stuck solid

Clearly you do care because you have cheered for Queensland. If you truly didn’t care you wouldn’t cheer for either side, the game would have no meaning for you.

They'll be back in fortnight telling everyone they don't care. Like we care!!

@happy_tiger said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384887) said:
Better side won

Only Qlder who deserves feeding was Fotuika ...the rest of the side barring maybe Arrow was pitiful

Green proved why he got sacked at the Cows ...2nd man ..2nd man plays are not going to stack up at this level

Refereeing in the 1st twenty was shocking ....the kick that you got a penalty from and took the 2 .....it was sitting out side my letterbox by the time JAC even crossed the try line

1st try was after a missed offside call ten metres from the NSW try line after we put that kick up and it was knocked on by NSW and then grabbed in a offside position by NSW

2nd try ...watch it again ...shocking obstruction / shepherd in the lead up play / break

Game was over at 14-0

Townsville is a poo place ...nothing good ever happens in Townsville

Refereeing?😂😂😂😂
The four 6-again restarts and the penalty (in a row) at the back end of the 1st half to gift Qld the Capewell try to give them some sort of sniff to make a competitive game of it? Gerry Sutton was more than willing to get on the back of you blokes to the finish line but you weren't good enough to run Gerry down the back straight.

Better side won

Only Qlder who deserves feeding was Fotuika ...the rest of the side barring maybe Arrow was pitiful

Green proved why he got sacked at the Cows ...2nd man ..2nd man plays are not going to stack up at this level

Refereeing in the 1st twenty was shocking ....the kick that you got a penalty from and took the 2 .....it was sitting out side my letterbox by the time JAC even crossed the try line

1st try was after a missed offside call ten metres from the NSW try line after we put that kick up and it was knocked on by NSW and then grabbed in a offside position by NSW

2nd try ...watch it again ...shocking obstruction / shepherd in the lead up play / break

Game was over at 14-0

Everything gets stolen in Townsville.

Was only just able to watch the highlights then.

What a pathetically inept performance by the cane toads
West’s Tigers would have put up a better fight.

Only a fine for the grub act by Munster.
https://twitter.com/CKennedy80/status/1402632291831083008?s=19
Three charges arising from #Origin 1 - Fotuaika looking at one game (with or without early plea) for late hit on Mitchell. Munster (contrary conduct for kick on Martin) and Feldt (high contact on Murray) both fined #NRL @NRLcom

@gallagher said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384944) said:

And we stuck solid

I don't get it. You cheered for Qld but dont care about origin? I don't care about AFL so don't cheer for any team in that comp. Why did people go out of their way to tell everyone they doubt care about something?

It's a complex strategy: I support the Tigers and so my whole focus in Rugby League is them. I go for Queensland when there are no Tigers in NSW with the hope that them getting beaten might mean tigers players get picked. I want tigers players to be picked because I believe it improves their stature and play and because I would invest more in the series. I supported nsw when woods and Farah played for them. But I'll switch for other reasons too. I was going for QLD tonight because I respect the Nth Qld fans and I wanted them to enjoy the game. Also, they had Joffa. But that's just watching the game and picking sides like watching the cowboys v canberra and going for one team there, just makes the game more compelling. But you're right, I don't care at all about AFL and have never watched a match, so I suppose there are levels of care. But I have very little investment in my queenslanders and my interest in them only started at the beginning of the Cameron smith era when they were completely written off and origin was apparently dead. I like the underdog and I particularly hate the roosters, so I had a real problem supporting their players and that diminished the NSW jersey for me.

Say Mitch Moses gets picked for NSW, I would bloody wear a queensland jersey and wig and flag I'd be so keen on them winning.

Shall I also now confess I go for NZ and like it as a country more than Australia?

@watersider said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384952) said:

And we stuck solid

It's a complex strategy: I support the Tigers and so my whole focus in Rugby League is them. I go for Queensland when there are no Tigers in NSW with the hope that them getting beaten might mean tigers players get picked. I want tigers players to be picked because I believe it improves their stature and play and because I would invest more in the series. I supported nsw when woods and Farah played for them. But I'll switch for other reasons too. I was going for QLD tonight because I respect the Nth Qld fans and I wanted them to enjoy the game. Also, they had Joffa. But that's just watching the game and picking sides like watching the cowboys v canberra and going for one team there, just makes the game more compelling. But you're right, I don't care at all about AFL and have never watched a match, so I suppose there are levels of care. But I have very little investment in my queenslanders and my interest in them only started at the beginning of the Cameron smith era when they were completely written off and origin was apparently dead. I like the underdog and I particularly hate the roosters, so I had a real problem supporting their players and that diminished the NSW jersey for me.

Say Mitch Moses gets picked for NSW, I would bloody wear a queensland jersey and wig and flag I'd be so keen on them winning.

Shall I also now confess I go for NZ and like it as a country more than Australia?

Please don't

![Screenshot_20210610-010335_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1623251044253-screenshot_20210610-010335_instagram.jpg)

@wt2k said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384951) said:
Only a fine for the grub act by Munster.
https://twitter.com/CKennedy80/status/1402632291831083008?s=19
Three charges arising from #Origin 1 - Fotuaika looking at one game (with or without early plea) for late hit on Mitchell. Munster (contrary conduct for kick on Martin) and Feldt (high contact on Murray) both fined #NRL @NRLcom

Munster is the dictionary definition of a cat. He is long overdue for a whack on the snout but will never get one in this new-age PC version of rugby league.
Billy Slater has taught him well in the meek arts.

@watersider said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384952) said:

And we stuck solid

Should I make an appt for something you DO care about?

Better side won

Game was over at 14-0

How was the third try.... and the 4th, 5th....6th 7th & 8th?

😭😭😭

@innsaneink said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384583) said:
@tcat said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384579) said:
@tony-soprano said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384575) said:
Gus Gould of canned his pre talk could of done without that

Usual load of garbage, talking up players like they are soldiers going to war. Please.....

Yeah.... Let's just treat it like another game

No idea

He doesn't have to talk up so much rubbish before the game. It's rep footy, not war. You must sit there rubbing your belly button when he talks his trash by the sound of it.

How on earth fans cheer against their own state really baffles me

Totally agree, does my head in

This is purely about where u are from.

We are born Blue or the other mob. Not a choice.

In the category "as grubby as they are talented I give you Liu, Mitchell and Smith.
Mitchell was an class last night but he's a grub through and through.

@tcat said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384962) said:
@innsaneink said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384583) said:
@tcat said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384579) said:
@tony-soprano said in [SOO Game 1 2021 \*Spoilers](/post/1384575) said:
Gus Gould of canned his pre talk could of done without that

Usual load of garbage, talking up players like they are soldiers going to war. Please.....

Yeah.... Let's just treat it like another game

No idea

He doesn't have to talk up so much rubbish before the game. It's rep footy, not war. You must sit there rubbing your belly button when he talks his trash by the sound of it.

Sad... Go watch neighbours then... Sounds more your go

Latest posts

Staff online

Back