Spanian's kebabs

upthetigers

Credit to him, he has completely turned his life around.

The grand opening of his new kebab van is tomorrow in Haberfield (Parra Rd).

It's completely different to the normal kebabs you get in Sydney. The meat looks much better quality as does the bread it's not the Leb flat bread.

I wonder how many lads on dirt bikes will rock up lol. Parramatta Rd will shutdown.

It's completely different to the normal kebabs you get in Sydney. The meat looks much better quality as does the bread it's not the Leb flat bread.

I wonder how many lads on dirt bikes will rock up lol. Parramatta Rd will shutdown.
And last night he dropped the first part of how to win a knife fight.
Education at it's finest

Interesting approach.

Can't customise your kebab
Get what your given

Kebab sauce or hot sauce
Hope it is a success.

I'll suss it next time I'm around.

Really keen to try them - looked amazing on his sneak peek video. I'm never really out that way but might make a trip there at some point soon.

He has done very well and I'm sure his business will scale rapidly.

How quick until exisiting kebab joints start putting the 'spanian kebab' on their menus to compete with him lol.

The reviews aren't looking too good
138 reviews on google for a 3.5 star. Lots of 5 star would be fake too, so its not good ratings at all.

Hard to call what he is calling a Kebab in Australian lexicon.

Seems most reviews are annoyed about the bread. The bloke should have stuck with the late night Aussie kebab style wrap that is mostly known as a kebab in Australia rather than the thick bread Turkish doner kebab sandwich style.

1717231359791.png

138 reviews on google for a 3.5 star. Lots of 5 star would be fake too, so its not good ratings at all.

Hard to call what he is calling a Kebab in Australian lexicon.

Seems most reviews are annoyed about the bread. The bloke should have stuck with the late night Aussie kebab style wrap that is mostly known as a kebab in Australia rather than the thick bread Turkish doner kebab sandwich style.

View attachment 12581
Yep, claims they're a German version...

Good luck to him.
I like the traditional ones we've always had, lol

Do you reckon it's really his business? I can't see him being bothered to run a legit. business.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just a mouthpiece for someone paying for his name and popularity.

Looks suspiciously like a bread roll?
I like my kebabs in Leb Bread.
Exactly man, according to him.... in Germany & around Europe, that's how they do their kebabs.

Legit looks like a bread roll, sandwich, lol.
Each their own, but the traditional flat bread is the go.

Exactly man, according to him.... in Germany & around Europe, that's how they do their kebabs.

Legit looks like a bread roll, sandwich, lol.
Each their own, but the traditional flat bread is the go.
Look I’m not against having a roll and I’d even go as far as having the doner kebab meat on a roll like they’re doing. Nothing wrong with that. But in Oz you can’t advertise kebabs and hand someone a subway?
We all know what we want when we walk into a kebab shop; Doner kebab meat, salmonella, cheese, lettuce, tomato, some of that fine chopped green stuff, homus, all rolled up tightly in some leb bread.
I am now officially hungry. Serious Kebab kind of hungry.

Look I’m not against having a roll and I’d even go as far as having the doner kebab meat on a roll like they’re doing. Nothing wrong with that. But in Oz you can’t advertise kebabs and hand someone a subway?
We all know what we want when we walk into a kebab shop; Doner kebab meat, salmonella, cheese, lettuce, tomato, some of that fine chopped green stuff, homus, all rolled up tightly in some leb bread.
I am now officially hungry. Serious Kebab kind of hungry.
I guess it was part of his marketing strategy he wanted a point of difference so went with different bread. Maybe it's a bit arrogant to say you can't customize the kebab and it's rubbed some people the wrong way.

Back