LIVE GAME *SPOILERS* Round 2 vs Raiders

Live Game Discussion
So you are blaming the ref are you?
Thats embarrassing....
When did I blame him mate? The ref had a shocker but I’m not blaming him. Just said that “Stef said what everyone was thinking.” Get off your high horse.

Reactions: 851
Sezar > Sullivan
Pole > Seyf
Lobb > Staines
Toa > Olam

I'd like, Naden > Tupou
Lobb is good in the air, but seems to struggle bringing it out off his line. Was smashed a few times today and it didn't seem like a strong point of his game in the trials. I'm wary of his ability to make yards and can't see Benji throwing in another debutant.

I hope Naden is fit and ready to go soon, we could use his size out wide.

I'd leave Tupou and being Naden in for Staines

Positives - Galvin, Fainu, there’s only 24 games or so of this crap left until the end of the season.

Yeah, it’s his fault
Not completely, but he had a hand in 2-3 try’s today! Poor penalty on stefano leading to an easy try for the Faiders. Numerous other leg ups during the game, leg pull, that was not the definition of a leg pull. Which led to another try. Look we deserved to lose but the ref was crap, I agree with stefano’s thoughts. Where was api, no conversations with the raiders ref all game, yet their captain was in his grill all afternoon.

3. Naden
4. Olam
7. Sezer
6. Galvin

Hoping the additional experience added next week cuts out at least some of the school boy errors we consistently make. Klemmer is a few years past the modern game. Sullivan offers nothing. Tupou looks genuinely disinterested. All 3 need a rocket.

I told everyone when we signed luai that we should sell sullivan before a ball was kicked.

Now who the hell will want to take him.

We have a $550k player for 4 years that won’t even be the #14 next year and maybe not even this year.

Lots of positives.

If we just kicked to the corners at the start and sullivan didn’t let that try in the momentum would’ve been better.

We lost it in two bad periods that sullivan stuffed up.

We are much better than last year.

Olam in.

And we need another winger and another charging forward and will we will win a few games.

And sullivan in reserve grade.

Just kick to the corners on the 5th and with galvin running and taking the lead we will score points

Young kids will take confidence from that

Galvin played well, made effort plays. Bud was non existent, his time is done. Our bench props played better than the starters. I know we had stuff all ball but they ran hard and with intent. A few small changes and the boys will compete. The ref n video ref didn't help the cause, the scoreline might not of been 20 points, but I feel there was signs the boys might do a good job this year

It kind of does when you see how we’ve played for most of today.
No …. We had 2/3 players who did well over pre-season who were found wanting namely Sullivan , toa and seyfarth . All 3 should find themselves in Reggie’s next week , as all 3 were large contributors to playing catch up most of that game . Otherwise I thought we were in that game , we just have some old habits that need to die . And die real quick .

This has been a despicable performance.
Only those that kept chanting "its only a trial" didnt see this coming.
Terrible defence. Terrible discipline. Awful structures and shapes. Useless in attack.
Very very predictable sadly.
Where’s the fellas that convinced themselves we weren’t showing our hand in the raiders trial - cause we were just good enough to beat the warriors reserve grade side…

We’re still unfit - we still don’t have footballers who know how to compete, and run lines - still have a forward pack that looks fantastic on paper (outside Pole and the new Fainu - who actually have a dig)
And we’re still poorly coached.

Same ole same ole unfortunately…

While overall it was a typical Tigets performance I do agree there were some positives. I think Benji will be a lot clearer in his selections.

Sezer easily starts for Sullivan.

Seyfarth didn't take his chance. As someone who has said all along he hasn't been used right, judge him once that happens...well I guess I'm wrong. He was very ordinary.

Sam Fainu better then I thought. At just 20 he will be a quality forward with a big motor.

Toa has the ability to be a star but has no heart. I'd rather Casey there.

If you take circumstances into account I think it's fair to say Galvin was outstanding. 18 year old half in a pathetic team who played and played and played. Good moments, not good moments, but just kept himself in the game. Defended great. Wow, I was so pumped for Latu Fainu who will be a star, but Galvin is the real deal. What a young player.

Staines and Tupou terrible.

Isaiah was strong, Bateman strong at times but juts a stupid meathead. He set the scene early by giving away that 4th tackle penalty. Just a dickhead really.

Klemmer...well how can anyone support this guy. It's only the paper stats guys that support him. He continually gives the opposition momentum. Slow play the balls in attack and absolutely the softest contact ever seen by a front rower in defence. He makes every tackle, so stats looks good, but reality is he goes in so soft he provides great momentum for the opposition. He is a cat. I have never seen a front rower tackle so soft.
Mostly agree with those comments.
The most disappointing part was we simply got dominated all over in the first 15mins and that led to no possession and struggling to gain any momentum.
Surely the players themselves know we are going to be out of the contest early if not willing to be tough and physical from the kick off.

Turned out about as expected. Thought we had a crack but never looked like winning.

WARNING WINGE INCOMING... That Ref was blatantly woeful. High tackle in a try-scoring position has ALWAYS been a professional foul and a sin bin. Doesn't even look when Stef is shoulder-charged in the head but will call the softest headhigh on Raiders multiple times. Lopsided penalty count but it was the uncalled indiscretions that hurt us. They were offside regularly and the ref seemed to close his eyes at times.

Why don't we use our Captain's Challenge? Not that I trust the bunker (we can all see the raider player pull the ball away from the post ie. forward and they don't bat an eyelid calling it backward) but we should use the challenge to combat the ineptitude of the ref when we can.

Love Bateman firing up. Need more of that across the park. And although Stef slipped up with the backchat I can completely understand the sentiment. I don't condone it but needed to be said. Api should have been in the ref's ear more.

Api still the best player in the team with Bula showing class. We need Olam fit and firing. We need Lobb on the wing. Not sure what we do with the halves though. Maybe give Sezer/Galvin the reins for a bit until Latu is ready to go.

Sharks next week are gonna be just as tough... But we keep building and we'll get our first win of the year soon.

Back