Starford To’a #253

It's a pretty good sign when your depth signings have repped for both Australia and NZ as a junior. I'm happy enough with this signing.

YouTube has most of the games where he scores tries. 2019 Rd 25
2020 Rd 13, Rd 14
Rd 17 - 2tries
2021 Rd , Rd 5
Best try Rd7,
Rd 11, Rd 12, Rd 25
Most are finishing tries in the corner, nothing special but the one in Rd 7 is the one to watch.
https://youtu.be/Z9wt3gWyBcE

It sounds like a good signing to me. Geez we are picking up our game.

Spare a thought for Nofa having to keep up at training-- will be 65kg after preseason.

Reasonable signing by the looks of it. Can’t recall seeing him play so not expecting too much.

Does this mean the top 30 is complete for 2022?

Honestly, he has had HUGE wraps from Newcastle fans and the club as well for a while now...

Danny Buderus, himself has told me they're so happy with Best and To'a... big names of the future.

Very good signing.
He is first grade standard too, not a cup player.

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521286) said:
Honestly, he has had HUGE wraps from Newcastle fans and the club as well for a while now...

Danny Buderus, himself has told me they're so happy with Best and To'a... big names of the future.

Very good signing.

Some talk of a Knights' winger by the name of Young who is rated highly replacing Toa in their NRL team. To'a is a great young signing and together with Kepaoa and Junior Tupou we will have some very good young talent in the backline.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521288) said:

Very good signing.

Some talk of a Knights' winger by the name of Young who is rated highly replacing Toa in their NRL team. To'a is a great young signing and together with Kepaoa and Junior Tupou we will have some very good young talent in the backline.

He's been shocking in first grade.
Young, that is.

Has a lot to work on.
He dropped the ball so many times last year.

Has a good build for wing though.
Very athletic and he's from England.

Definitely take Star over him tho.

@jirskyr said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521271) said:
I thought To'a was one of Newcastle's better wing prospects, I'm surprised they let him go. I guess at this age / experience level, if we've trumped them for 2023, no point holding onto him 1 season.

Knights also have Gagai returning.

My mate who is an avid Knights supporter and member, reckons he is better than average. This bloke does not give many cudos so he must be ok. I will be attending the Knights v Tigers game at Newcastle in March with him, will be a quite trip home to Port Macquarie for one of us :)

@innsaneink said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521273) said:
20 nrl. Games and I've never heard of him show my level of interest in the game.nowadays.
Good.luck.to him... Fingers Xed

Did you mean crossed? Cross everything else up too buddy...

Very good signing.

Why would Newcastle let him go/ negotiate elsewhere if he is so good and has 2 years left? Surely not to cater for old man Gagai.

Happy with that.

Felt the club was never going to use Hastings as a fullback option so we were very thin in that department regardless of what people round here thought Hastings could do at the 1. He has an important role to play in the 6

@muffstar said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521298) said:
My mate who is an avid Knights supporter and member, reckons he is better than average. This bloke does not give many cudos so he must be ok. I will be attending the Knights v Tigers game at Newcastle in March with him, will be a quite trip home to Port Macquarie for one of us :)

Great little hometown PMQ.

Roberts is officially signed up for 2022 it’s just been updated this morning on the west’s tigers website & he will be the first centre chosen every week he will be back to his best & prove many people wrong on this forum.

@tigerlouis said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521308) said:
Roberts is officially signed up for 2022 it’s just been updated this morning on the west’s tigers website & he will be the first centre chosen every week he will be back to his best & prove many people wrong on this forum.

It’s a minority opinion, but I think he and AJ will get first crack in the centres.

I hope you are right but I'm not convinced. Roberts had and maybe still has blistering pace but he doesn't create much by himself and his defense has always been below average.

We have options now though. We are looking a lot better. We still need a star or two though.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Starford To’a](/post/1521309) said:

It’s a minority opinion, but I think he and AJ will get first crack in the centres.

I've got Gildart and AJ at this point but really it's a guessing game. To'a could grab a spot. Junior could grab a spot. AD comes back into the team and may go into the centres.

Our centres (excluding Doueihi) all look borderline first graders but there is a lot of inexperienced talent there. I'm hoping 2 of them kick on.

Back