Starford To’a #253

3799e920-5661-4df4-94e5-b62bacac774f.jpg

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Starford To’a has extended his contract with the club ahead of Sunday’s home game against Newcastle Knights.

66180605_toa_rc1_9109_2022528171045.jpg

To’a was coming off contract at the end of next season but will now be with the club until at least the end of the 2024 season.

CEO Justin Pascoe says it marks the beginning of player contract extensions.

“It’s great to have Starford locked in for the next couple of seasons.

He has earned an extended deal and as a club we are delighted to have him locked away.”

To’a, who will line up against his former club Newcastle on Sunday, says he’s delighted to add another year on his deal with the club.

“I’ve really enjoyed my first season with Wests Tigers, even though we haven’t done as well as we had hoped.

We have really improved as a group over the last few weeks and I think we’ll take that progress into the final rounds, and into 2023.”

Great extension …

One of the best defenders I have ever seen

Smart player … always takes the right options and rarely makes a mistake…

Future Origin player 👍

Glad we extended him now and not waited until next year as all 16 teams would be after him

Last edited:
I still rate the kid but he is going through a rough patch. A real poor defensive read today.

He's still learning and centre is a hard position from which to defend. If he is to make mistakes, the run up to the end of season is the time to do it. We need to stick with Toa and Kepaoa.

I basically agree. The only issue is we have Naden and Tupou that may fill those centre spots as well. Tupou probably isn't as good as those two but Nadden may be. Nadden makes mistakes on the wing.

Still it probably doesn't matter because Nofo is gone for the season and I reckon Ken is as well.

I basically agree. The only issue is we have Naden and Tupou that may fill those centre spots as well. Tupou probably isn't as good as those two but Nadden may be. Nadden makes mistakes on the wing.

Still it probably doesn't matter because Nofo is gone for the season and I reckon Ken is as well.
Tupou is going to be a very good player but needs more time. Naden was pretty much used as a winger at the Panthers.

Naden was pretty much used as a winger at the Panthers.

Maybe but I think he is a centre. He stuffed one try today and he stuffed one recently. He is big and fast but I think he would work better in the centres.

I think Kepaoa and To'a are worth persisting with and aren't an issue for us. We need to get our forwards right but more importantly our spine.

Maybe but I think he is a centre. He stuffed one try today and he stuffed one recently. He is big and fast but I think he would work better in the centres.

I think Kepaoa and To'a are worth persisting with and aren't an issue for us. We need to get our forwards right but more importantly our spine.
Our halves have to get Kepaoa into the game more. You saw the damage he did when given an opportunity.

Our halves have to get Kepaoa into the game more. You saw the damage he did when given an opportunity.

I think To'a can make a bust as well.

The problem is mate I rate a lot of our players but we keep losing. Api and IP will make a difference next year. Hastings has been great. We have a decent bunch of middle forwards. We have a decent bunch of outside backs.

Doueihi, Brooks and Laurie all have their moments but we need these guys to step up consistently. They were outplayed by no names including a fullback who is going to the ESL next year.

I suppose the question is do those 3 players have it in them ? Another question to me would be are we playing Hastings at 13 to fit in two inconsistent running 6's ?

I think To'a can make a bust as well.

The problem is mate I rate a lot of our players but we keep losing. Api and IP will make a difference next year. Hastings has been great. We have a decent bunch of middle forwards. We have a decent bunch of outside backs.

Doueihi, Brooks and Laurie all have their moments but we need these guys to step up consistently. They were outplayed but no names including a fullback who is going to the ESL next year.

I suppose the question is do those 3 players have it in them ? Another question to me would be are we playing Hastings at 13 to fit in two inconsistent running 6's ?
It works with Hastings at 13. He would be about the same size is Freebarn. Sheens saw it before anyone else so we should go with it.

It works with Hastings at 13. He would be about the same size is Freebarn. Sheens saw it before anyone else so we should go with it.

I thought it was stupid but it worked. If we win games and play better footy I'm all for it.

Hastings probably carries Doueihi and Brooks and also allows them to do what they do best which is run it on an edge.

Agree …. about Naden.
To’a is a centre on L plates.
Kepaoa is a centre on P plates.
Im still not convinced that big D is our 5/8 answer …. Just like not sure Laurie has the fullback spot sawn up.
Boy what I’d give for Dylan Brown and Tedesco.

Members online

Back