Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Soon as they reduce the salary cap for 2021 every contract will ne null and void

Taumalolo could be a Tiger next year

@happy_tiger said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1139286) said:
Soon as they reduce the salary cap for 2021 every contract will ne null and void

I doubt it as the border will still be closed

Will be in my dream

If that happens, well, we trusted Madge to have a crack at building our team last year, I'm happy to let him have another go if it comes up.

Don’t get your hopes up. Most likely most players will stay at their respective clubs, just less money.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1139439) said:

Don’t get your hopes up. Most likely most players will stay at their respective clubs, just less money.

Probably ...but working off the usual 20% turnover we could really make some massive upgrades for 2021

I feel sorry for the bloke, he could have had some 40% pay at the Tigers contract level rather than his development level contract with Parra, before corona hit.

Upside is Tigers aren't forking out money for him to sit on the sideline, like Parra are. Obviously we are forking out money for our own blokes to sit on the sidelines, but given that we could have accommodated Stefano in 2020, we've saved some money there.

Has the NRL waived the 29 player minimum at this time, for club rosters in June? Anyone know?

@jirskyr said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140246) said:
I feel sorry for the bloke, he could have had some 40% pay at the Tigers contract level rather than his development level contract with Parra, before corona hit.

Upside is Tigers aren't forking out money for him to sit on the sideline, like Parra are. Obviously we are forking out money for our own blokes to sit on the sidelines, but given that we could have accommodated Stefano in 2020, we've saved some money there.

Has the NRL waived the 29 player minimum at this time, for club rosters in June? Anyone know?

I would be amazed if they have even thought about it.Being proactive with ideas is not one of their traits

@jadtiger said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140249) said:
I would be amazed if they have even thought about it.Being proactive with ideas is not one of their traits

One would think that in the current crisis, that criticism is fairly off the mark. Not only have they been extremely proactive about managing the corona slow-down, there's no regular football on, so they don't have to do their regular jobs?

Doubt anything would even be discussed right now given all the clubs staff are either on leave or stood down until duties start soon.

@jirskyr said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140260) said:
@jadtiger said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140249) said:

One would think that in the current crisis, that criticism is fairly off the mark. Not only have they been extremely proactive about managing the corona slow-down, there's no regular football on, so they don't have to do their regular jobs?

I feel that everything they are trying to do is to get the competition up and running again and i honestly doubt if they would have given this a thought

If Stefano came in and lives up to the hype, who would miss out in our prop rotation?
Twal, Aloiai, Musgrove and Mikaele.
Or would we permanently shift Aloiai to Lock?

@TheFleagle said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140398) said:
If Stefano came in and lives up to the hype, who would miss out in our prop rotation?

Twal cant be taken out

no way

he is 1 of our best every single gamr

Definitely not Twal and Mikaele.

But potentially one of the other two. It would depend on how Musgrove develops, whether Aloiai is kept etc.

Yep, one of these guys to lock to fit them all in, then let injuries decide week-to-week...

How would Twal go at lock? A little lighter than the others, great defender, mobile. Could he play 80 mins?

FRONT ROW: Utoikamanu, Aloiai, Mikaele and Musgrove.
HOOKER: Grant/Liddle
SECOND ROW: Leilua, Garner, (Lawrence/MCK)
LOCK: Twal

Looks the goods for me.

@Earl said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140427) said:
Aloiai Twal.

Disagree Earl...Twal has a much bigger motor than Aloiai..In the 1st 2 games he also appeared to have added punch to his carries and a much quicker play the ball as well

Aloiai still looks like an impact player to me..that provides great impact but shorter stints..

@Tiger-Tarl said in [Stefano Utoikamanu](/post/1140447) said:
How would Twal go at lock?

I suggested during the off season that I thought Twal could make a decent second rower. He could play 80 minutes, is our best defender and has a bit of pace off the mark.

No one said it was a stupid idea, but no one agreed either.

Latest posts

Members online

Back