Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Fortunately for us Stef doesn't want to leave. At least that's what he said earlier this year.

“I’m trying to focus on making the top eight, that’s what I want to do – I want to stay at the Tigers,” Utoikamanu told this masthead.

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. They’ve given me my big opportunity to become the player I am now.“I’m trying to focus on making the top eight, that’s what I want to do – I want to stay at the Tigers,” Utoikamanu told this masthead.

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. They’ve given me my big opportunity to become the player I am now.
Talk is cheap…

Stef has been brilliant this year. No doubt gone up quite a few pegs. I thought he wasn't near origin the past few years but he now should be there and will be a really good off the bench impact prop in that arena. Well done to him and Benji for the significant lift in his game.

As for whether he stays or not, there's too much anxiety around all that. Penrith just lost their best prop, warriors had the same thing happen to them. Top of the league props. Be great to keep him but if not we get someone else. Newcastle and titans have great props and they can barely win a game, meanwhile Flanagan has a pretty average prop rotation playing decent.

Reactions: BZN
likewise. I'm pretty confident we'll keep him.
I’m almost certain that the club is being built around him , and he is very much in the leadership circle . Not to mention I think they’ve done a fair bit for him and his family quietly behind the scenes , in ways that the eels did the opposite .
His manager is doing the right thing and stoking while the iron is hot , but yea , I’m confident he will re-sign .
If he was going to go anywhere Melbourne would be the greatest threat .

Fortunately for us Stef doesn't want to leave. At least that's what he said earlier this year.

“I’m trying to focus on making the top eight, that’s what I want to do – I want to stay at the Tigers,” Utoikamanu told this masthead.

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. They’ve given me my big opportunity to become the player I am now.“I’m trying to focus on making the top eight, that’s what I want to do – I want to stay at the Tigers,” Utoikamanu told this masthead.

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. They’ve given me my big opportunity to become the player I am now.

Vaguely remember the lawnmower man saying the same thing about a month before he requested to be released to Manly.

If it the rumours about him having release clauses tied to rep and club performances are true, that doesn't sound like someone who wants to lead from the front, just sounds like another Tedesco or Woods that wants to piss off and parachute into a club where the hard work is already done.

So much lazy journalism.

Are penrith going to pay Stefano 900k? Nope. He hasn't ever been consistent enough for that.

Stefano also only needs to play ONE origin game this year for that clause to be revoked. He needed to play TWO in total. This was reported widely last year when the existence of the clause first came out. How did everyone else forget this so quickly, all based on one pathetic lazy gossip columnist.

We've been working on the extension for a while now, he's stated he wants to stay and would ignore the clause regardless. All that's been delaying this IMO is is agent holding off for him to raise his value - which i think he has done. Unless he wants to see his name in the papers for the rest of the season he should re-sign soon and nip this in the bud.

Of course his manager is talking to who ever is interested even if Stef isn't thinking that way yet. The best deal for Stef is the one that lines his managers pockets and having a top tier player means making sure they stay in that position. Loyalty only exists in the smallest percentage of players these days, although they become more keen to stay on when their best is gone.
Hope Stef stays but can't see it happening if we start performing like we did last season. Like every thing with this club in recent times hope for the best and prepare for the worst

So much lazy journalism.

Are penrith going to pay Stefano 900k? Nope. He hasn't ever been consistent enough for that.

Stefano also only needs to play ONE origin game this year for that clause to be revoked. He needed to play TWO in total. This was reported widely last year when the existence of the clause first came out. How did everyone else forget this so quickly, all based on one pathetic lazy gossip columnist.

We've been working on the extension for a while now, he's stated he wants to stay and would ignore the clause regardless. All that's been delaying this IMO is is agent holding off for him to raise his value - which i think he has done. Unless he wants to see his name in the papers for the rest of the season he should re-sign soon and nip this in the bud.
Thanks for the clarification... Though I'm not so sure just how widely it was reported... I read one or two articles last year and don't recall these being specified... Maybe I forgot as.many would, or maybe most don't read everything on a topic once or twice will suffice

I think he's a good chance for Game 1 as long as he keeps his form up

if you are Stef's manager you do not rush the sig ing, clubs will be throwing money at him. There is a shortage of front rowers, why sign early, if he waits he will be the best prop on the market

Thanks for the clarification... Though I'm not so sure just how widely it was reported... I read one or two articles last year and don't recall these being specified... Maybe I forgot as.many would, or maybe most don't read everything on a topic once or twice will suffice

I think he's a good chance for Game 1 as long as he keeps his form up
It was widely reported across all media for several weeks at that time. It was headline news across the nrl world "tigers might lose star player again' etc...

If someone did their homework they would have known he only needed to play once more (which i think he's an excellent chance of doing) but instead everyone has quoted buzz or whichever loser first brought it back up again recently

It was widely reported across all media for several weeks at that time. It was headline news across the nrl world "tigers might lose star player again' etc...

If someone did their homework they would have known he only needed to play once more (which i think he's an excellent chance of doing) but instead everyone has quoted buzz or whichever loser first brought it back up again recently

The dialogue around Stefano has become borderline
plaintive and miserable hehe. Get a grip people...
Big game on Saturday, I'm more worried about 2pts!

I guess it depends on how much NRL media one reads

I know I wouldnt be reading the same topic "for several weeks"

Rip in Stef

Who on earth put or agreed to put these weird clauses in his contract saying
- if WT don't make the top 8 in 2024 he can get out of his contract
- if he "doesnt "make S.O.O he can get out of his contract ? Or is it "does "?
So Penrith lose JFH so what .We are not "Repco" the spare parts store !

• Haha
These clauses were obviously inserted by Stefano not the club…and that’s a concern. It says Stefano wants to be in a competitive club…for that reason I see him going if the Riff go after him

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Back