STREAMING FINDS and RECOMENDATIONS

We've finished The Mandalorian, Blue Lights and Perry Mason season 2 recently. They are all good but Blue Lights was really really good. No name actors, a little show in Ireland but it's good.

Have binged both Ghosts (comedy) and Yellowjackets (Mystery/thriller/horror) on Paramount Plus, both very different types of series.
Found Pelé on Netflix a good watch. A very inspirational story.

I’ve recently signed up to Britbox and watched a couple of excellent ( and true) murder mysteries. If you like British drama imo it’s worth every penny. $89.99pa or $8.99pm.
First two I’ve personally watched are The Pembrokeshire Murders and The Hunt for Raoul Moat. Both true cases from British police history.
My wife’s been glued to the telly since we’ve got it and has found plenty to watch.
Check it out on Google.

Anyone who grew up in the 70s / 80s and likes the comedian Bill Burr might like his animated show on Netfix, F is for Family. I couldn't stop watching it.

I was watching 3% on netflix.
It's like a B list Squid game, good for what it is but totally amatuer.

Anyone a fan of Sci-fi you may enjoy "Cyberpunk - edge runners"

Old school I was watching Spooks which is Free on SBS. It's got a 90's styling but is super hard hitting. (you have to last 1 episode, it is so twisted)
Imagine the bill crossed with Black mirror!

What is a woman? by Matt Walsh
One of the best documentaries ever made for mine. Pretty much essential viewing for everyone. If you thought Borat did a fantastic job of exposing how stupid America has become, you just wait to see the morons Matt encounters and the shitfights he gets into by asking this one simple question.
Scary stuff.

Reactions: Eca
That's fair enough, I just laugh at comments like complete failure. Nice
failure at $1 bill
You do realise that the studios only keep roughly 1/2 of the box office don’t you? In fact it’s 50% for US domestic, 42% overseas excluding China which is 25%.
With a $306M production budget, and another $150M as a conservative estimate for promotion and distribution, Disney spent roughly $456M on that film. If it made a billion worldwide, it probably returned less than $500M to Disney.
Not a flop, but a poor return all the same.

Flicking thru netlix saw AKA with Eric Cantona.. surprised.. not bad

You do realise that the studios only keep roughly 1/2 of the box office don’t you? In fact it’s 50% for US domestic, 42% overseas excluding China which is 25%.
With a $306M production budget, and another $150M as a conservative estimate for promotion and distribution, Disney spent roughly $456M on that film. If it made a billion worldwide, it probably returned less than $500M to Disney.
Not a flop, but a poor return all the same.
Yes. I was responding to a comment that it was a complete failure.

Bodyguard on Netflix is a good watch.
Finally watched Heat, thoroughly enjoyed it and thought LA Confidential and No Country for Old Men were both alright.
Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels is next on the watchlist.

Thanks for the recommendations guys

Staff online

Back