OFFICIAL Sunia "Tito" Turuva

We got him for 450 a season? That's crazy good deal.

Will he look the same as he does in the Tigers backline? Big question mark as he's not the prototype modern winger, but a fantastic signing for a player who would certainly have had other options. Very good defender, very sound skills, great speed and finishing, great in effort areas. If he doesn't work out for us we are really doing something wrong.

Thank you to Api, Benji and Richo. I know there's big question marks around Benji as coach, but we've never had a coach who has recruited better. Re-signed Api, got Luai and Turuva. These are world class players.

Seriously, would you really have guys like Farnworth, Crichton, Manu, Staggs, Tago, Holmes, Ramien etc…earning less than benchies?
Of cause not,
I’m not talking about established teams rather building a team from scratch.
I would spend more on 2x Reserve forwards than my centres.
Like today I would guess for the Gold Coast
Reserve: David Fifita would be on more $ than Centres: Brian Kelly & Aaron Schoupp
&
Melbourne
Reserve: Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Centres: Remis Smith & Nick Meaney

Everyone has opinions that others either agree with or not,
On this one it looks like we don’t agree.
Which is fine.

I must be in the minority, don’t think he’s worth $450,000. He’s a good finisher in a great team, hope it translates to a poor team like ours! He’s not like Slomax or Taylan May who are line breakers with good in and always.
For the money a good signing not a great one though. $400,000 would of been better.

Of cause not,
I’m not talking about established teams rather building a team from scratch.
I would spend more on 2x Reserve forwards than my centres.
Like today I would guess for the Gold Coast
Reserve: David Fifita would be on more $ than Centres: Brian Kelly & Aaron Schoupp
&
Melbourne
Reserve: Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Centres: Remis Smith & Nick Meaney

Everyone has opinions that others either agree with or not,
On this one it looks like we don’t agree.
Which is fine.
Fifita is one of the highest paid rep forwards in the game - but the Titans are still struggling to know how to get the best out of him - so he was a situational reserve in the game today.

Kelly and Schoupp in particular are basic squad players at centre who are of course are paid less - but that is also why the Titans are not a winning team!!

Their halves and centre depth is ordinary and they have too much salary cap tied up in Fffita and Tino to re-balance their squad...

There is no rule of thumb - the market will determine the individual value of players but there is no way you can overly invest in the back-row and thrive on cheap three-quarters in a balanced cap!

I must be in the minority, don’t think he’s worth $450,000. He’s a good finisher in a great team, hope it translates to a poor team like ours! He’s not like Slomax or Taylan May who are line breakers with good in and always.
For the money a good signing not a great one though. $400,000 would of been better.
Lomax loses more games than he wins for his team and is on another $250,000+ per season for a winger

May is not somebody who would meet broader club standards - and also costs an extra $150K

Overrated and overpriced A-holes are not the easy answer!

A good signing once it's official. But we need to add a tall player alongside him.

We simply can't go into a match with a backline of Turuva, Olam, Feledy, Staines, Laulilii.
Being 6 foot is small for a modern day back, the modern day back is 6"2, 94kgs+ and all of the above are under 6 foot. We could only really afford to have 2 players in the backline under 6 foot. Hopefully someone like Nav Willett kicks on but he's disappeared without a trace sadly

Last edited:
Honestly, Wests Tigers recruitment division...

GIVE THEM A GOLD MEDAL!

Serious where we are as a club, how they can recruit those in demand players is just Amazing.
Luai
Api
Olam

I have no idea what they are doing, but they are somehow landing top shelf names in a side that got the wooden spoon twice. Whatever our club is doing wrong, recruitment is one thing we are doing right*.

*I could not imagine saying this in say, 2021...
Good thing the brains trust brought in a highly respected professional recruitment manager on the advice of Ray Hadley....

Scott Fulton has been excellent!

Oh - scrap that!

There is no "recruitment division" or Football Manager - JUST a competent CEO working with his football department to build a competitive squad....

It is not rocket science - but still eluded the other pricks who ran the joint into the ground!

Lomax loses more games than he wins for his team and is on another $250,000+ per season for a winger

May is not somebody who would meet broader club standards - and also costs an extra $150K

Overrated and overpriced A-holes are not the easy answer!
May signed for $500,000 and is bigger more mobile and will win u more games. As BB wrote how many shrimps in your backline can u have?? I just think he looks good on the end of a great team, not outstanding! People where going off their reciters at paying one of our wingers $500,000.
Look I hope it works out. Just rather a taller bigger unit in our backline.

such a key defensive position helping 5/8, setting up wingers, and scoring tries
Most definately, Center is a very under rated position.

Offense, they must threaten the line themselves. If they aren't a threat enough then it becomes obvious the winger will get the ball.

It's not scoring themselves, it's not passing, its being able to do both and do both in ways the defense can't guess that makes a fantastic center.

Defense, being able to form a good pairing with their wing. Allowing the wing to know when to move in as they won't be able to contain the line and when to stay in position. That takes real skill, not just making your own tackles but ensuring your team mates know what you are doing.

Plus you need 2x of them.

I see Centers as far harder recruitment targets. So glad we have Olam.

For the money a good signing not a great one though. $400,000 would have been better.
450 is a pretty standard contract in this day and age. When you consider minimum wage is around 120-150, it’s totally fine. How much were you expecting to get a premiership winning winger for?

Good thing the brains trust brought in a highly respected professional recruitment manager on the advice of Ray Hadley....

Scott Fulton has been excellent!

Oh - scrap that!

There is no "recruitment division" or Football Manager - JUST a competent CEO working with his football department to build a competitive squad....

It is not rocket science - but still eluded the other pricks who ran the joint into the ground!
Nah, it's rocket science.

You have been here, it's like "Crypt of Horrors" stuff.

Ivan Cleary, full budget and bungled our rebuild.

BJ Leulia, James Roberts... Guys with potential that did nothing.
The fringe "next best thing" signings like AD, Stefano*..

Ken M from New zealand. I think we had almost 1 million in our wingers and getting last in tries scored in the comp.

Moses Mbye, i still scream when I hear his name.

We got 2 spoons and we recruit:
Olam
Luai
Turuva

That's like Einstein Rocket science stuff.

*who finally gets some form.

Back