TAPS!

tiger3

Taps has been playing pretty well,looks very fit and has scored a few try's now that he is playing his favoured/natural position each week for the Raider's. How do you think he will go against our rejuvinated Tiger's ,especially the young forwards?

He'll have a shocker and get hooked after 20…..come back on and play the worst 40min in NRL history...

If Ellis is on the left side again this week, we'll be fine. In fact, I'm tipping Gaz to score his first try, off a Benji pass, through a classic "Taps" missed tackle.

Wish we still had him. And in keeping him let go: Trimarchi, Galea, Payne, Halatau…

Hopefully we'll keep him quiet but Taps has certainly shown what he is capable of when used as a wide running backrower this season. Having said that his stats aren't overly impressive apart from his offloads for which he has 58 for the season. He's averaging 83 metres a game which is ok, but that's less than Gibbs who is making almost 100 per game and playing less time than Bronson. He's making 31 tackles per match and missing 2 tackles.

Looking at that, if the Tigers stop his offloads then Bronson will be pretty quiet IMO.

@willow said:
Hopefully we'll keep him quiet but Taps has certainly shown what he is capable of when used as a wide running backrower this season. Having said that his stats aren't overly impressive apart from his offloads for which he has 58 for the season. He's averaging 83 metres a game which is ok, but that's less than Gibbs who is making almost 100 per game and playing less time than Bronson. He's making 31 tackles per match and missing 2 tackles.

Looking at that, if the Tigers stop his offloads then Bronson will be pretty quiet IMO.

Where's the stat for 'out of position at the ruck, opening up a hole for the dummy half to expose, all the while standing far enough away from the play of the ball so as to not recieve a missed tackle stat'?

I'm tipping Robbie to do well out of dummy half when Bronson is around the ruck.

He'll be primed for a big one thats for sure.Hopefully he tries too hard and has a stinker.

@Danos said:
If Ellis is on the left side again this week, we'll be fine. In fact, I'm tipping Gaz to score his first try, off a Benji pass, through a classic "Taps" missed tackle.

i would love this im putting 20 on ellis for 1st try this week he is long overdue

The round one game against us he played the best I have ever seen him play. I am really hoping that it doesn't come back to bit us that we let him go. By him scoring the winning try of the game on sunday.

@thewingfitz said:
@Danos said:

i would love this im putting 20 on ellis for 1st try this week he is long overdue

And at $35, that would be a great payout. I have been putting $10 on him the past few weeks and had to laugh when Bowen scored after 45 sec last weekend…..i might as well had dropped $10 on the street.

Ben Galea always did well for me with 1st try scorer when he was with us and always at good odds.

I reckon Gareth will also once he breaks his duck.

Simply because he'll be pumped for a big game, he'll make many runs and offloads, and maybe score or set up a try or two, I made him captain this week in my fantasy team.

He'll probably get me 50 points just in offload!

@steven_tiger said:
Simply because he'll be pumped for a big game, he'll make many runs and offloads, and maybe score or set up a try or two, I made him captain this week in my fantasy team.

He'll probably get me 50 points just in offload!

Go TAPS!! I hope you rip it up. Looking forward to a big game from him.

I think Mr Skandalis will be keeping a very close eye on him during the game :smiling_imp:

whilst bronson has been great with the ball in hand ,,,,nothings changed defensively and im certain the boys will expose him all afternoon….

I dont think he has improved since he left us, maybe just utilised a bit better by Canberra imo.
He will make a crucuial error which we will score off to win the game! :smiling_imp:

Let's hope so.

From what extremely little I have seen - I would have said he has improved.

@senex said:
Let's hope so.

From what extremely little I have seen - I would have said he has improved.

He's improved ten-fold, going fantastic at the moment.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back