Team for the Broncos

How the hell can you leave both Brooks and Doueihi in there?! I'd get rid of both of them.

1. Staines
2. Toa
3. Naden
4. Kepaoa
5. Tupou
6. Laurie
7. Wakeham
8. Twal
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. Simpkin
15. Utoikamanu
16. Blore
17. James

Obviously, trying a new halves combination is fraught with risk but, surely, we can't do any worse. I think Twal should start with Stef providing impact off the bench.
Agreed. Whilst stevied's team has significant changes, things are almost at the point of no return. Laurie should provide some spark from 6 - if Staines can run off him we might see some breaks being made. Like Twal starting too.

Agreed. Whilst stevied's team has significant changes, things are almost at the point of no return. Laurie should provide some spark from 6 - if Staines can run off him we might see some breaks being made. Like Twal starting too.
Can James play before Round 10?

TBH we need to give this a few weeks without Brooks as I believe others will go even harder to prove he is not wanted.
Yeh I think you might be right, it looks like Api basically decides which numpty to give it to as there are sets (good ones) where he doesn't get the ball.

Can anyone at all tell me what Staines has done wrong at fullback?

The only time we look dangerous is Api making breaks out of dummy half but then has no support.

My team would have Staines at fullback playing support for Api with his speed.

For me I have Wakeham playing RHS
Brooks playing LHS
Staines and API through the midddle.

1. Staines
2. Tupou
3. Naden
4. Toa
5. Bula
6. Brooks
7. Wakenham
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papalli
12. Blore
13. Bateman

14. Simpkin
15. James
16. Matamua
17. Utoikamo

18. Offa (somethings up either injured or unfit. Once fixed Blore replacement)
19. AD ( sheens clearly wants him on the field. I toyed with winger but think he makes the team worse no matter where he is)

*I know people say why persist with Brooks. Personally I think the only one playing worse is AD and we have no depth. I know Laurie was trialled at 6 in the break but he is disinterested and also playing like puss.

Plenty of spots up for grabs but nobody is exactly putting their hand up.
So you’re saying Brooks is our worst player but you still want to pick him? 🤣

Who ever plays this game need to understand , Tigers will need to get on top of the broncos very early keep them pend in there own 20/30 and frustrating them into mistakes , players like staggs go well if the get over you , if not he can be very average , pin them down their end and hurt in tackles

Their speed will absolutely kill us. A very unhappy day for Douehi at FB if they persist with him there. For mine we stick with Laurie at FB for this game.

Whichever 17 WT choose and going to be lapped by a very talented and speedy Broncos team who are full of confidence.

Accept for injury I would roll the same 17 out so they see how a real NRL team performs.

Last edited:
If they pick Brooks and they will it can be in the number 6. He should be marked never to wear the 7 again.

This game could be our first win of the season or first flogging.

If Brooks is in the team I'm going to lose it...

Surely they aren't that dumb. He done. Good guy or not his confidence is shot.

To me its like when you gamble and put more in thinking you will come out good. Exactly what the Tigers hierarchy is doing with Brooks.

Unfortunately we are out of money haha

Do we really have in our 2023 squad that is better than LB at 7? I dont think so myself. Yes plan for some replacement mid season or 2024 onwards but all this swapping & changing will achieve very little. If they are having a good go & they are the best in their position, we might be better to have them own those position & hopefully with consistent players alongside them week in week out will build some cohesion/chemistry. We got none atm. Its the little things when there is chemistry where attack gels, let's face it, whilst there's structure, a big part is ad lib & adapting to whats in front of them.. Like a passer thinks one way & receiver thinks different. Same thing with defensive reads being in sync. It's team sport. We got new signings, thankfully not stinking the place like in previous years. All this needs to form that chemistry both offensively & defensively.

I think we should switch pole and Bateman for a few games, give pole a crack in second row to take on the halves, being as big and strong as he is if u get him one on one with Reynolds or any other half in the comp he could do some serious damage. And gives Bateman the chance to play in the middle

Back