Team selection dilemma

biggest_tigers_fan

Hi guys i think this year when Galloway,wade,cayless,tuiaki and ayshford come back they're will be some selection dilemmas.At the moment i dont think any one maybe just brown could go back to state cup as he hasn't really contributed to the team this year.Gee isnt it good now to have a little bit of depth with fitzy and daniella firing this is how i think our team will look with all players barring moltzen on board

1.wade
2.tuqiri
3.lawrence
4.daniella
5.tuquri
6.marshall
7.lui
8.gibbs
9.farah
10.galloway
11.payten
12.ellis
13.heinington
reserves
14.fafita
15.flanagan
16.moors.
17.ayshford
18.dwyer
19.fitzhenry

Tuquiri's good but he's not that good :wink:
Unfortunately it's sounding more and more like Tuiaki won't be back this season which realistically leaves Ryan and Fitzhenry fighting over that spot.
There's also Fulton to come back who was going great before he injured himself but is in a very similar mould to Flanagan & Ayshford.
My preferred (without TNT) would be
1 - McKinnon
2 - Tuquiri
3 - Lawrence
4 - Daniella (he's still to prove that yesterday wasn;t a one off but he's well on his way)
5 - Ryan
6 - Benji
7 - Lui
8 - Gibbs
9 - Robbie
10 - Galloway
11 - Payten
12 - Ellis
13 - Heigho

14 - Fafita
15 - Dwyer
16 - Fulton
17 - Ayshford (against bigger packs play Moors)

18 - Flanagan
19 - Moors
20 - Fitzhenry

no need for ayshford and fulton on the bench. IMO ayshford was always set for a utility role he can play centre wing 5/8th and lock/backrow.

but sheens will give the role to fitzy who really doesnt deserve it

at full strength id go with

ryan
lote
lawry
daniella
tui

marshall
moltz

gibbs
farah
galloway

heigno
ellis
dwyer

ayshford
fifita
payten
moors

oh yes i forgot about liam i would swap him with ayshford as this yr i havent really rated him.He doesnt even look like making a break also and looks suspect in defence

i need to see more of daniella epecially againt morris and idris next friday night. that will be a real test. Potentially he'll be playing against 2 state of origin centres.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
i need to see more of daniella epecially againt morris and idris next friday night. that will be a real test. Potentially he'll be playing against 2 state of origin centres.

yeah Idris is apparently a *origin player* :laughing:

A bit of a miss match Daniella up against Idris especially in defence ,Daniella is a bit of a shirt grabber so will be interesting but after last nights effort he has to be there next week ..he could smash Idris ?.

@Snake said:
A bit of a miss match Daniella up against Idris especially in defence ,Daniella is a bit of a shirt grabber so will be interesting but after last nights effort he has to be there next week ..he could smash Idris ?.

and all Idris does is stand like a statue in defense he has no idea what to do.. I picked that QLD try 30 seconds before it happened.

@softlaw said:
1 - McKinnon
2 - Tuquiri
3 - Lawrence
4 - Daniella (he's still to prove that yesterday wasn;t a one off but he's well on his way)
5 - Ryan
6 - Benji
7 - Lui
8 - Gibbs
9 - Robbie
10 - Galloway
11 - Payten
12 - Ellis
13 - Heigho

14 - Fafita
15 - Dwyer
16 - Fulton

18 - Flanagan
19 - Moors
20 - Fitzhenry

Looks a good team doesn't it. Flanagan, Moors and Fitzhenry have done a good job the last couple of weeks, so that goes to show the depth in the squad. Unfortunately, injuries do happen - lets hope not to many more this season.

Good to have depth in the backs I think at full strength minus Tuiaki and Moltzen this is our best side imo

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Lui

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Payten
15.Fifita
16.Dwyer
17.Daniella
\
\
\
Unlucky casualties Moors, Flanagan and Fitzhenry

@softlaw said:
Tuquiri's good but he's not that good :wink:
Unfortunately it's sounding more and more like Tuiaki won't be back this season which realistically leaves Ryan and Fitzhenry fighting over that spot.
There's also Fulton to come back who was going great before he injured himself but is in a very similar mould to Flanagan & Ayshford.
My preferred (without TNT) would be
1 - McKinnon
2 - Tuquiri
3 - Lawrence
5 - Ryan
6 - Benji
7 - Lui
8 - Gibbs
9 - Robbie
10 - Galloway
11 - Payten
12 - Ellis
13 - Heigho

14 - Fafita
15 - Dwyer
16 - Fulton

18 - Flanagan
19 - Moors
20 - Fitzhenry

Great side and would be very hard to beat.

@TheDen said:
Good to have depth in the backs I think at full strength minus Tuiaki and Moltzen this is our best side imo

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Lui

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Payten
15.Fifita
16.Dwyer
17.Daniella
\
\
\

It is almost certain Tuiaki won't make a come back this year.So i have to agree,that would be the side i would run out with as well

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Benji
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Fulton
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighno

14\. Fifita
15\. Payten
16\. Dwyer
17\. Flanagan

Moors and Fitzy rotated as 18th man depending on week to week match plans.

Hang on to Daniela. Let Mitch Brown go. Same with Cayless. Not sure why but it seems like he's not fitting in with the team or something … Ben Murdoch from the 20's is playing very much like Fifita did last year and could be promoted next year. Does anyone know when Payten is contracted til? Could he have another stab at heading to the UK?

@TheDen said:

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Lui

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Payten
15.Fifita
16.Dwyer
17.Daniella
\
\
\

It's good having a bit of depth this year, how they are going to fit players in for next year I don't know, especially if Daniella keeps on playing the way he did Friday night and if McKinnon works out well too.

TnT is a given in the side (for next year the way things are looking for him), which would unfortunately leave Ryan out and yeah Fitzy has been quite good at fullback too… we seem to have a few half decent fullbacks. Based on age, we have to keep Moltzen somewhere.

At the moment though, good side!

@Tigerdave said:
@TheDen said:

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Lui

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Payten
15.Fifita
16.Dwyer
17.Daniella
\
\
\

It's good having a bit of depth this year, how they are going to fit players in for next year I don't know, especially if Daniella keeps on playing the way he did Friday night and if McKinnon works out well too.

TnT is a given in the side (for next year the way things are looking for him), which would unfortunately leave Ryan out and yeah Fitzy has been quite good at fullback too… we seem to have a few half decent fullbacks. Based on age, we have to keep Moltzen somewhere.

At the moment though, good side!

Yea..I'll run with that side…Although I think Sheens will reward Flanagan for his efforts...he can fill a centre spot; backrow; hooker...

@spaceman said:
I hope Sheens sticks with Daniella he has shown more at centre than Ayshford has for a while now

Attacking and Speedwise Daniella has potential (Still young)

Ayshfords defence is very strong .

PS - Lets not be Fairweather friends.

@Spartan117 said:
@spaceman said:
I hope Sheens sticks with Daniella he has shown more at centre than Ayshford has for a while now

Attacking and Speedwise Daniella has potential (Still young)

Ayshfords defence is very strong .

PS - Lets not be Fairweather friends.

pretty sure blake is younger than geoff

1.> McKinnon
2.> Tuqiri
3.> Ayshford (Daniela played well the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sold on him yet.)
4.> Lawrence
5.> Ryan

6.> Marshall
7.> Lui

8.> Gibbs
9.> Farah
10.> Galloway
11.> Fulton
12.> Ellis
13.> Heighington

14.> Fifita
15.> Dwyer