Team v Ricky's 47 Texas

clifferdSH

Another do or die game yet again for us this time against the team that spanks us from here to pluto all the time

Our forwards need to set themselves a challenge otherwise they will get shown up like schoolgirls against this huge Canberra pack

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofa
3\. Marsters
4\. Kevvy
5\. MWZ
6\. Marshall
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Chee Kam
12\. Garner
13\. Taylor

14\. Liddle
15\. Twal
16\. Sue
17\. Einsenhuth

If we win this I think we might just make it. This game is our biggest hurdle

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Naiqama
5\. MWZ
6\. Marshall
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. Farah
10\. Packer
11\. MCK
12\. Taylor
13\. Eisenhuth
14\. Twal
15\. Garner
16\. Sue
17\. Liddle

@ said:
What on earth is 47 Texas?

I thought most people would get it Haha

It's from a Ricky Spewart press conference blow up earlier in the year, where he said he received over 47 "Texas" (texts) about his team getting robbed

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofo
3\. Marsters
4\. Fonua
5\. Kev
6\. Benji
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Mats
11\. MCK
12\. ET
13\. Eisenhuth
14\. Garner
15\. Twal
16\. Sue
17\. Liddle

@ said:
@ said:
What on earth is 47 Texas?

I thought most people would get it Haha

It's from a Ricky Spewart press conference blow up earlier in the year, where he said he received over 47 "Texas" (texts) about his team getting robbed

Texas? More like Oakland (raiders) for the reference. Still a nice title and we'll eat the raiders for lunch.

@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofo
3\. Marsters
4\. Fonua
5\. Kev
6\. Benji
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Mats
11\. MCK
12\. ET
13\. Eisenhuth
14\. Garner
15\. Twal
16\. Sue
17\. Liddle

I like this team. However, after last week, I think we need a backline player on the bench.

I would have Garner in for Eisenhuth and Gamble to the bench.

@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofo
3\. Marsters
4\. Fonua
5\. Kev
6\. Benji
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Mats
11\. MCK
12\. ET
13\. Eisenhuth
14\. Garner
15\. Twal
16\. Sue
17\. Liddle

I like this team. However, after last week, I think we need a backline player on the bench.

I would have Garner in for Eisenhuth and Gamble to the bench.

The thing about the Tigers defence is it's not particularly good, the boys just work harder than anyone else so that missed tackles are well covered. They scramble well for each other.

What Canberra do isn't specially clever, but they have big units in the backrow and centres who hit the line hard and fast. That exposes any individual weaknesses, gaps or numerical advantage on the edges.

I'm looking at our team sheet and thinking Garner, Chee-Kam, Naiquama and Masters are going to have their work cut out. We're really going to miss Lawrence.

Benji, Brooks and Taylor will be key to reading what's happening and slotting themselves in so our edge defenders don't get left hanging.

The simple truth is we are awesome against organised routine teams and struggle with off the cuff trams. This will be a super tough game for us.

We need to complete at a high rate and move them around, kick deeep to corners, good discipline. Stay in the game.

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Naiqama
5\. Watene-Zelezniak
6\. Godinet
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matalino
11\. Chee-Kam
12\. Taylor
13\. Eisenhuth

14\. Garner
15\. Twal
16\. Sue
17\. Liddle

@ said:
The simple truth is we are awesome against organised routine teams and struggle with off the cuff trams. This will be a super tough game for us.

Any team that plays high tempo and completes their sets usually rolls us fairly easily.

We need to make sure we slow them down out of dummy half and keep up the intensity in defence to force errors.

Canberra will self-implode if we put in an 80 minute performance.

@ said:
We need to complete at a high rate and move them around, kick deeep to corners, good discipline. Stay in the game.

Good points, complete high while also moving their big boys around to tire them. I'd also try and bait BJ and Rapana as we all know they have about an IQ of 10 between them and will most likely have a brain explosion / get sent to the bin

Whichever side has to cover BJ/Pana has to be on their game

@ said:

I don’t think any teams defence would be any good against a tram.

Back