Terrible judges of footballers

southerntiger

Whoever said Daniella isnt first grade quality should never comment on a wests tigers player again. Great defensive and attacking performance. Backs up a very solid performance from last week. Still watching the replay with 30 mins to go.

Glad to be wrong but I can only judge on what he has demonstrated up until the last two weeks. Prior to this in his time in NRL at Penrith he was quick but nothing else and ordinary in defence and when playing for the Wolves in State Cup he was terrible.

Looks like he is a better fit with us though and it is great to watch

No worries mate. I havent the opportunity to see his State Cup games but he has looked sharp every time I have seen him in NRL. I also cant see why people keep calling him small. He is no giant but is decent sized for a centre.

The only people who bagged Daniela were those who wanted to see players from the state cup side they support put in the first grade side.

@southerntiger said:
Whoever said Daniella isnt first grade quality should never comment on a wests tigers player again. Great defensive and attacking performance. Backs up a very solid performance from last week. Still watching the replay with 30 mins to go.

i wouldn't be so quick to judge
if he finishes the year in state cup because of poor form,then they don't look so terrible do they.
there are alot of lower graders that can put a couple of good games in if they were given the chance.
but the test is can they do it over a longer period of time.

hopefully he carries his form through the rest of the year and works harder at his game than ever.if he rests on his laurels he will be back where some thought he belonged.

STS that was my thoughts as well. I wish people would give players a chance before crapping on them. Both Lui and Daniela have been criticised roundly this year and neither had deserved it on form.

@bonstonker said:
@southerntiger said:

if he finishes the year in state cup because of poor form,then they don't look so terrible do they.
there are alot of lower graders that can put a couple of good games in if they were given the chance.

hopefully he carries his form through the rest of the year and works harder at his game than ever.if he rests on his laurels he will be back where some thought he belonged.

Possibly Bon but I would be surprised based on that performance. It all depends if the forwards and halves do their jobs I guess.

@bonstonker said:
@southerntiger said:

Why not?

Alot of the people who were vocally bagging Daniela were doing it based off of one state cup game last year.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@bonstonker said:
@southerntiger said:

Why not?

Alot of the people who were vocally bagging Daniela were doing it based off of one state cup game last year.

well i think you are just doing the same thing.
now if you have watched him closely last year at penrith and come to your conclusion then fair enough.
but i doubt many have truly assessed his whole game to present a solid conclusion on his worth.

i didn't take notice of him at penrith,as i only see penrith when we play them.
so i have no opinion on him at this stage.

now i know we have some amazing talent scouts on this forum but i am not one of them.i need more than a handful of games to know 100% that a player will or will not be a quality first grade player over time.

but for now i am happy to see him play in first grade as i do believe the right side is there for the taking for someone to really step up.
he now has his chance to make it his own.

if i was him i would be spending as much time as i could with lui.

Daniella looked real quick and elusive. His defence was also good.

Not sure where he stands with regards to securing a centre position.

@southerntiger said:
@bonstonker said:
@southerntiger said:

Possibly Bon but I would be surprised based on that performance. It all depends if the forwards and halves do their jobs I guess.

I agree with Bon, dont be so quick to judge. The guy has talent, but there was one point in the 2nd half where his attempt of tackle on Ropati (i think) was dreadful. He came up with the goods last night, but i still hold fears about his size, not his talent.

I still maintain his best option would be fullback, but i also think he could defend on the wing but attack in the centres, provided he has the right winger with him to do this.

Is that you tim sheens? Comes in on the front foot after one good game. Daniela was great to tonight, however anyone who actually watches first grade, including penrith over the last few years, will know that performance came out of nowhere.

Maybe you should stick to saying how jeff robson is better then moltzen…

Good game tonight but really has no idea in defence will be carved up by a top 3/4 credit with a good performance tonight but will rely on injury for a start.

@southerntiger said:

I'm glad you actually watched the game before commenting this time.

Humble pie tastes great, I'd love more shoved in my face. Hope we see more of that, it was fantastic.

I only judged what I saw last year at Penrith and in State Cup this year, where he was ordinary at best.

@fergiefurr said:
Is that you tim sheens? Comes in on the front foot after one good game. Daniela was great to tonight, however anyone who actually watches first grade, including penrith over the last few years, will know that performance came out of nowhere.

Maybe you should stick to saying how jeff robson is better then moltzen…

Yep Fergie thats what I said (BTW hats sarcasm for your benefit). No wonder we never agree … you cant read.

No that was two good games from Geoff. He was also very good against the knights.

UPDATE: Fergie why are you still here? I thought you were done.

I am not sold on Daniela but he obviously has a lot more talent than the so-called experts on this site want us to believe.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@southerntiger said:

I'm glad you actually watched the game before commenting this time.

Humble pie tastes great, I'd love more shoved in my face. Hope we see more of that, it was fantastic.

I only judged what I saw last year at Penrith and in State Cup this year, where he was ordinary at best.

Hybrid, I actually wasnt referring to you. I wasnt aware until Simon pointed it out that you had bagged Geoff.

But on the topic of watching the game, I forgot to mention that I watched the Knights game after our dialogue last weekend and I was proven correct - a far better performance from Lui than Moltzen has ever delivered in the 7 bar the raiders game last year. On the topic of Lui, he played well last night but threw a couple of dud passes (one to ground and one well above Benji's head). Whilst he had a decent game I wasnt as happy with his performance as others were.

@king sirro said:
@southerntiger said:
@bonstonker said:

I agree with Bon, dont be so quick to judge. The guy has talent, but there was one point in the 2nd half where his attempt of tackle on Ropati (i think) was dreadful.

Yeh I noticed that. He has some work to do on his defence but it was nowhere near as bad as I was led to believe.

Daniela is very fast…

Terrible judges of Footballers......Glass houses southern...

Tim Moltzen better than Lui at this stage of their carreers.....

Back