Terrible ref

The same referee who had 5 decisions over called in the first half.

She is incompetent at her job.

Kinda like how we are incompetent at playing rugby league
You are still arguing non disputed facts. They are irrelevant to this particular discussion.
WHY? Why would the NRL sanction apparent bullying of one club by its officials? What do they have against this club?
I certainly think we have a very poor reputation with referees and I have my own thoughts as to why that is the case.
Tell me why you do.

Good to see Joey, Freddy and Slater hammer Mahoney and Kikau for yesterday's blow up. All basically stated that Seyfarth did nothing wrong, except for the headbutt which wouldn't have happened if that little pest didn't run in. Still doesn't help our cause tho. We will remain the single ply toilet paper the NRL officials wipe their asses with.

Last edited:
We fans feel the pain.
But what can our club do?
Personally would like the club to get better at fielding a competitive, skilled and resilient rugby league team. We do that and the rub of the green and ability to overcome poor referee decisions will follow.

You are still arguing non disputed facts. They are irrelevant to this particular discussion.
WHY? Why would the NRL sanction apparent bullying of one club by its officials? What do they have against this club?
I certainly think we have a very poor reputation with referees and I have my own thoughts as to why that is the case.
Tell me why you do.
I don’t know … I’m not on the field with the players. I doubt we collectively go out as a football team with the idea to blast the referees

I thought we scrambled well and played some pretty up tempo footy in the 1st half yet we still got shafted by the ref in the middle. Maybe it’s a leadership issue that’s crueled us? I can count on one finger how many leaders we have in our entire squad and that’s api

Reactions: BZN
The ref allowed WWE today and offsides. The difference is bulldogs are coached to break the rules smartly and we play fair. Our forwards get hit as soon as catching the ball and we make no metres out of trouble. All the field position goes to the Dogs.

I applaud them it’s the Panthers method. Boring as hell and the grapples and twists are not rugby league but Tigers need to wisen up. Dogs showed us how to win Benji should be paying close attention.

Blame the ref all you like but it’s us that didn’t take advantage of a weak ref and wasted time arguing and getting frustrated
The problem is that if we do it, the penalty count against us would be astronomical.

Having said that, why is it that more often than not we cannot tackle a player and put them on the ground and if we do get them on the ground we don't put them on their back.

We are constantly seeing the opposition getting a quick play the ball because we did not get them on the ground and when we do, they are on their front and get up for a quick play the ball.

Do we have a wrestling coach or should we just send our boys over to the Dogs so they each of them can wrestle the 30 or 35 players they have in their squad so that they may pick up a few pointers.

If they don't learn anything from that then at least they may get the flogging that they so richly deserve.

I dont blame the ref for the loss. We have severe deficiencies within our squad. I def agree we aren’t a smart team. But how do you take advantage of a weak ref with decisions like when the whole line being offside when the dogs did it all night? Or kikaus NFL pass? Being told you don’t have a challenge left when you already had 2 decisions over turned?
I believe it was 3.

I don’t know … I’m not on the field with the players. I doubt we collectively go out as a football team with the idea to blast the referees
I’m not so sure about that. There is a victim mentality present. There seems to be a lot of chat between the team and the ref and it doesn’t seem to be based on respect. If you think the officials are out to get you, it’s hard to be cordial in your interactions with them.
I thought we scrambled well and played some pretty up tempo footy in the 1st half yet we still got shafted by the ref in the middle. Maybe it’s a leadership issue that’s crueled us? I can count on one finger how many leaders we have in our entire squad and that’s Api.
Leadership is a huge issue. Captaincy is as well. It’s been a long time since we have had a good captain of this team. Someone who can express themselves without appearing aggressive or sooky.

Good to see Joey, Freddy and Slater hammer Mahoney and Kikau for yesterday's blow up. All basically stated that Seyfarth did nothing wrong, except for the headbutt which wouldn't have happened if that little pest didn't run in. Still doesn't help our cause tho. We will remain the single ply toilet paper the NRL officials wipe their asses with.
Single ply hey?

That would explain why the NRL and their officials have shit all over their hands.

I’m not so sure about that. There is a victim mentality present. There seems to be a lot of chat between the team and the ref and it doesn’t seem to be based on respect. If you think the officials are out to get you, it’s hard to be cordial in your interactions with them.

Leadership is a huge issue. Captaincy is as well. It’s been a long time since we have had a good captain of this team. Someone who can express themselves without appearing aggressive or sooky.
I don't think Bateman is the man.

Latest posts

Back