Terrible ref

Leadership is a huge issue. Captaincy is as well. It’s been a long time since we have had a good captain of this team. Someone who can express themselves without appearing aggressive or sooky.

I do think we lose our shit easily with bad calls and find it hard to recover. This is where a solid leader would help us cool our jets

The problem is I don’t see where we can find these people, Luai will be just as fierce as Batemen and can’t see him being able to cool our players

Reactions: BZN
Bateman is about the last bloke in the side i would give the captaincy to,he is a hothead in a position where you need diplomacy respect and calmness.He seems to have zero of those qualities
Even if he was being balanced and conciliatory in his exchanges with the match officials it would make no difference because they would have no clue what he was rabbiting on about anyway.

I do think we lose our shit easily with bad calls and find it hard to recover. This is where a solid leader would help us cool our jets

The problem is I don’t see where we can find these people, Luai will be just as fierce as Batemen and can’t see him being able to cool our players
Just offer Isaah Yeo a shit load of money to come over here and it solves our problems at #13 at the same time.

I’m not so sure about that. There is a victim mentality present. There seems to be a lot of chat between the team and the ref and it doesn’t seem to be based on respect. If you think the officials are out to get you, it’s hard to be cordial in your interactions with them.

Leadership is a huge issue. Captaincy is as well. It’s been a long time since we have had a good captain of this team. Someone who can express themselves without appearing aggressive or sooky.
You're right, but it's probably frustration creeping in where we need calls to go our way to compete in some games, and the inevitable luck of the draw when it comes to ref errors probably impacts us more because we struggle as a team in the first place.

Every team gets bad decisions. At 50-0 they don't matter. At 14 all or down by 10, which we often are, they simply have more impact and we are constantly heard saying, if that call went the other way, the game would be different.

We just have to get better and the ref is taken out of it anyway.

You're right, but it's probably frustration creeping in where we need calls to go our way to compete in some games, and the inevitable luck of the draw when it comes to ref errors probably impacts us more because we struggle as a team in the first place.

Every team gets bad decisions. At 50-0 they don't matter. At 14 all or down by 10, which we often are, they simply have more impact and we are constantly heard saying, if that call went the other way, the game would be different.

We just have to get better and the ref is taken out of it anyway.
Yes. Yes. Yes...

Does anyone not see how often Teddy loses it with the referees, DCE, Foran Elliot Whitehead on Friday night?.
Gets tiresome bagging our own when he is trying to defend the team especially when each time it was justified. We deserve everything we get if we are not prepared to back out own ahead of incompetency. It's the one thing I don't like about Api as captain cops all the crap dished out without question.

Serious question.,
Why do you people think that we are picked on by officials?
Why us in particular?
Badger even said on mic yesterday words to the affect - I’ve tried to work with your team the whole first half, get them to get it together.
It seems to me that our club has forged a reputation as being difficult to officiate.
Because the team is shit. Two types of penalties.
1st Players infringe when they are getting beat playing within the rules. Being shit means we get beat often.
2nd Poor discipline. When teams get on top they aim to maximise this advantage. The good teams are well drilled in doing so. The shit teams, not used to being in this position, become overzealous and concede penalties through their enthusiasm e.g. leaving the line to quickly.

Latest posts

Back