Terrible ref

I'm incredibly frustrated this has gone down the path of sexism and it's pulling our club through the mud. From what I can see, none of our players said or did anything sexist. Just some idiot fans.

The team were frustrated with horrible referring. That's it. The NRL has no ability for self reflection.
Yep, you don’t need a pecker to be a good ref. But you need to able to interpret the rules of the game you are reffing without conscious or unconscious bias despite external or internal influences. Mrs BF would make a great netball ref but a shite NRL ref. What sport was Badger playing as she was growing up? And that is not a sexist question, I just believe to have that deep subconscious understanding of a game I think you need to have grown up with, and probably played or spent many many hours watching the game.

I can understand people sticking up for refs no matter what , it’s due to no refs no games , I don’t agree players should be able to attack refs in any way at all , captain only to speak to ref any other player running in 5 or 10 in the bin straight away , this removes aggression towards refs from over hyped players , BUT. The nrl has to lift the quality of refs , seems now they can’t even control off side , forward passes , holding down , Players creeping up to 2 metres forward once they get up to play the ball or roll forward getting up ,
forward passes are now from dummy half which is deliberate and also the ones that are up to 1 mtr forward should be called back buy the bunker , we can all see them on our TV so can they , either give a penalty or opposition just take the pill and start the game up again , yes penalty would get it out of the game quick but a turn over will also do the job , holding down after 1 warning 10 in bin , coaches will get it out of the game quick, creeping , 1 warning then penalty , hand over to opposing team .
and I haven’t had my weatbix yet just coffee, maybe it’s the coffee

Now what’s the story with this weekends refereee Ziggy DA Da Da .
Do we like him and has he been kind to
us ?
Let’s move on from Kasey and do a ref preview like a match preview !

Yep, you don’t need a pecker to be a good ref. But you need to able to interpret the rules of the game you are reffing without conscious or unconscious bias despite external or internal influences. Mrs BF would make a great netball ref but a shite NRL ref. What sport was Badger playing as she was growing up? And that is not a sexist question, I just believe to have that deep subconscious understanding of a game I think you need to have grown up with, and probably played or spent many many hours watching the game.
Nrl needs to keep her away from our games for a couple rounds to cool everyone’s heals , some fans will pounce on every chance they get , we did nothing wrong to her that players did to make refs in the same round , she was absolutely poor and we did get a bit frustrated but def not sexist , that’s the nrl way to shift the blame

Nrl needs to keep her away from our games for a couple rounds to cool everyone’s heals , some fans will pounce on every chance they get , we did nothing wrong to her that players did to make refs in the same round , she was absolutely poor and we did get a bit frustrated but def not sexist , that’s the nrl way to shift the blame
Uncle Nick can keep an eye on her this weekend !
I have a theory that when the quality of teams are better the game seems to have a better flow and in many( not all) instances the referee has a slightly easier role.
I’m sure that theory will be taken apart on here but that’s my thoughts.

She was a a grade ref for years always found her to take sides when referring, we never seemed to get a fair shake from her

Yeah the nrl are definitely yet again trying to deflect attention away from the actual terrible performance by a ref. This has been happening for years and the stupid belongs at the sink comment by a so-called associated pod thingy guy has just made it easier for the NRL to deflect and turn defence into attack. And what a stupid comment it was, like you need a pecker to ref? I particularly hated it as I am the one who runs the sink in my house and I ain’t got a box. I do the cooking and washing up in my house so does that mean I can’t ref?
Also I noticed she got promoted to a better game too. No repercussions is my we all hate them. Drop the poorly performing refs and promote those who perform and we would all probably be a little less reactive.

Yeah the nrl are definitely yet again trying to deflect attention away from the actual terrible performance by a ref. This has been happening for years and the stupid belongs at the sink comment by a so-called associated pod thingy guy has just made it easier for the NRL to deflect and turn defence into attack. And what a stupid comment it was, like you need a pecker to ref? I particularly hated it as I am the one who runs the sink in my house and I ain’t got a box. I do the cooking and washing up in my house so does that mean I can’t ref?
Also I noticed she got promoted to a better game too. No repercussions is my we all hate them. Drop the poorly performing refs and promote those who perform and we would all probably be a little less reactive.

An excellent post,nobody expects referees to be perfect but we do expect them to be impartial and to pay for their errors.Anusley expects them to be beyond justified criticism and above everyone else(That is the politician in him always believing they are right).It is well past time he was removed from his position just like he was removed from politics.

Now what’s the story with this weekends refereee Ziggy DA Da Da .
Do we like him and has he been kind to
us ?
Let’s move on from Kasey and do a ref preview like a match preview !
Weve had him 12 times for a 6/6 record

He was punted this season round three for getting in a players road in defense in a try scoring situation

He didnt bother sending this one up in 2022

@nrl @graham annesly ziggy is a very very good ref🤔

Last edited:
The NRL referees have always gone against state lower ranked team for any 50/59 decisions where they didn’t see what happened or don’t really know the answer.
This bias against lower ranked teams is just getting worse and worse and like it or not, it’s exactly how Kasey bases her 50/50 decisions.

As someone who watches every minute of every game more than once let me say this.

That statement is incorrect.
Absolutely 💯 this 👆. We are refereed abysmally, to the point where opposition supporters no longer giggle and laugh about but instead they are starting to feel sorry for us.. it is a travesty and occurs too frequently to be considered coincidental IMO. it Is systemic I believe.

Weve had him 12 times for a 6/6 record

He was punted this season round three for getting in a players road in defense in a try scoring situation

He didnt bother sending this one up in 2022

@nrl @graham annesly ziggy is a very very good ref🤔

Certainly worth the look. Why wasnt the captain screaming about it?
Good leadership would have gotten that reviewed.
From there....could have been given.

She was a a grade ref for years always found her to take sides when referring, we never seemed to get a fair shake from her
We never seem get a fair shake from anyone! How many fair shakes have we had from Sutton? Or Atkins or Klein? The latter particularly in the bunker where he surely has to be knocking back schooners, because no one would make the decisions he often makes sober. The NRL hasn’t had a competent, unbiased ref in the past 15 years, except for the gay dude whose name escapes me right now. He was by far the best and the only one I’d respect as a ref.

It’s not as though she is a novice. Been reffing since 2012 and getting tips from Gavin.
Yeah Gavin looked after us when he was refereeing and then stupidly we gave him a job cluing us up on the rules and presumably we were going to pick up some tips on keeping on the right side of the NRL officials.

Well that worked out well with 2 wooden spoons in the cabinet after his expert input.

I think the last time I saw him he was sitting in the Souff's coaching box and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with them currently running last.

Anyway, whatever it is that they are doing I sincerely hope that they keep doing it.

The NRL referees have always gone against state lower ranked team for any 50/59 decisions where they didn’t see what happened or don’t really know the answer.
This bias against lower ranked teams is just getting worse and worse and like it or not, it’s exactly how Kasey bases her 50/50 decisions.
It’s not a bias as such though . The referees review games and watch video , and are far more likely to be critical of lower ranked teams . Throw in administrators and coaches from top ranked teams politicking , media pressure and human error , and the biggest key the fact the referees are instructed to manage using statistics rather than the mark one eye ball , and this is where we are at .

That’s my gripe as well . I called her a [This word has been automatically removed] ont he weekend , not because she has a vagina , but because she was behaving like one .
For me , I find it intellectually insulting when people use easy outs like gender , race , religion , sex , sexuality, to deflect from problems .
Like it’s beyond annoying that you can’t in one breath say misogyny and sexism exists , whilst also saying that her performance would not have flown in group 6 reserve grade .

That’s my gripe as well . I called her a [This word has been automatically removed] ont he weekend , not because she has a vagina , but because she was behaving like one .
For me , I find it intellectually insulting when people use easy outs like gender , race , religion , sex , sexuality, to deflect from problems .
Like it’s beyond annoying that you can’t in one breath say misogyny and sexism exists , whilst also saying that her performance would not have flown in group 6 reserve grade .
Exactly, it’s not either/ or. It can all exist together. The can say hey you shouldn’t have done that and we shouldn’t have done this. But that would be admitting to error. And that won’t happen. I’ve met Anusly and he was an arrogant tosser who only acknowledged those he had to anusly kiss.

Exactly, it’s not either/ or. It can all exist together. The can say hey you shouldn’t have done that and we shouldn’t have done this. But that would be admitting to error. And that won’t happen. I’ve met Anusly and he was an arrogant tosser who only acknowledged those he had to anusly kiss.
The truth is ….. this really all gained traction on the back of Black Lives Matter and Me Too.
Both of those movements are extremely nefarious at thier core re. Exploiting real issues to push an underhanded agenda .
But because they succeeded in not just getting thier agenda across , but also more importantly being able to ruin/ cancel anyone who says “hang on that’s not true” . Because both matters at thier core are correct . Of course Black Lives Matter and of course women shouldn’t be getting raped .
This was the catalyst now for other movements and has opened Pandora’s box with new redefining of core words , and a complete society restructure on debating those words .
Just for anyone not understanding what I’m saying it’s simply 3 steps ;
1. Use a known truth that needs reform
2. Imbed messed up ideaolgy under the guise of that reform eg. That black people are killed at a higher percentage than anyone else by police .( the statistics say they’re not)
3. If anyone points out that point 2 isn’t applicable to point 1 , then shout down that person as an “ist” until they’re disappeared , ruined , or like a Jordan Peterson galvanises a whole movement at opposites to the original point , which now creates even more tribalism . “Ist ” examples - racist , misogynist, sexist , elitist , leftist etc .
Also all the sycophants and parasites, and virtue signallers will then latch on for self preservation/ promotion/ qualifying and yea .
Now use that strategy , for ….. refereeing inequality ….. for wage inequality…… for refugee rights ….. for anything .
And it works …

Just to prove what I’m saying I’ll give another example ;
1. Antisemitism and nazism is bad and horrific , so a safe country for Jewish people needs to exist ;
2. So to keep that state safe we will now go into Palestine and wipe them out, because Jewish people need to feel safe (Zionism)

Hang on this is genocide …….
3. “You facist pig , racist, anti semite” ……
Just for something more political to try and prove my example .

By the way . I know people are going to say this is like some justification for people’s bad behaviour. That of course needs to be dealt with . This is just commentary , on the dishonest ways people have these types of conversations .

Last edited:
Back