THE BOARD - Tell them what you think of their performance, now!

balmain boy

As we all know we don't have any access to the board, they think they're all untouchable. There is a review going on and the major stakeholders of the club need to be heard, there is no club without us, and so we need to open the communication channels between members and the decision makers at the club at this crucial juncture in the club's history. The board have thus far shown no interest in engaging with us...

So i've created this thread to let you all contact the board directly and let them know your opinions on their performance and percieved 'untouchable' status. We don't have any representation or communication channels with the board, so sadly we have no choice but to go to them direct. There's a review going on, let's share our feedback on where we think everythings going wrong, but please KEEP IT CIVIL - NO SWEARING NAME CALLING ETC. That doesn't help our cause.

NB All details are sourced through information publically available on the internet, i'm no hacker.. lol

Tony Andreacchio: tony.andreacchio@ashfield.rh.com.au
Danny Stapleton: danny@prioritycoatings.com.au
Rick Wade: rwayde@hotmail.com
Lee Hagipentalis: leeh@brydens.com.au

Dennis Burgess appears to be a dinosaur with no email, but he has a facebook account called 'denny's email', amd an insta he uses a fair bit.
https://www.facebook.com/dennysemail, https://www.instagram.com/wildmandenny/

Dorahy has only very recently joined the board so is excluded from this process in my view as he can't be held accountable for actions taken in his absence, only what he does from this point on.

Whatever the future structure of the board is I feel we need a lot of new faces, it's time for a change, and a direct link of some description between the board and the members. This club needs accountability not people who think they're 'untouchable' regardless of performance.

Pascoe - jpascoe@weststigers.com.au
Chairman Lee - lhagipantelis@weststigers.com.au

I'd also suggest copying in the Holman Barnes group so they're aware of the anger and frustation towards the board and the current setup.
info@holmanbarnesgroup.com.au

No details of Juliue Romero could be found, but she's also fairly new to the board.

MODS: i think this information will get lost if it were merged with the board and ceo discussion, and the thread isn't about discussion, as there's a place for that already. Feel free to DM me if you want to discuss.

I would also suggest to our fans and members that if we haven't received a satisfactory response we contact them all again in a week or two, and keep going until we have the cleanout we so desperately require.

Last edited:
Here is an example of an email i've drafted, with some discussion points, feel free to incorporate any parts of this as you like into your own emails.

Dear XXXX

It is with all due respect that we, the members and fans of Wests Tigers hereby call upon you to play your part in instigating the following changes and then resign from the board, immediately.

Your failure is extensive and your position is untenable. No organisation can tolerate such extreme failure and the incompetency that has been displayed for over a decade is outrageous. While your service to the club is appreciated you are no longer required to be a member of the WT board, or the Holman-Barnes group. The members of this club will not tolerate your failures any longer. You have humiliated us long enough.

While it's not our preferred means to have to communicate this to you directly in such a manner, the complete failure of the board to establish any accountability of any kind, to exclude members from the running of the club entirely means we have no voice, no channel of communication. There are no means for us to communicate with the board (other than a complete financial and personal withdrawal from the club, which would destroy it). HENCE WE ARE NOW LEFT WITH NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO OVERTHROW YOU VIA THIS VERY NECCESSARY REVOLUTION WHICH WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THE NECESSARY CHANGES HAVE OCCURED.

Our demands include:
  • The current independent review of the club must cover all aspects of the club, focusing on decision making and what's required from a board in the involvement of the commercial and football departments. The club has a culture of complacency and incompetence, which has spread like a virus. All departments to be included in the review.
  • Lee Hagipantelis to be placed under an immediate media ban. He's caused enough embarrassment to the club, it's members and brand reputation almost every time he opens his mouth. This must stop IMMEDIATELY! He is loathed by the vast majority of members, such egocentric leaders have no place at a small humble club like our.
  • Recent reports suggest Lee has been extended as chairman for three years, despite there currently being a review of the entire club. Such gross negligence is a massive insult to everyone at the club, such extreme unprofessionalism cannot be tolerated. All involved in this decision must resign.
  • Lee Hagipantelis and all long serving Wests Tigers board members to stand down and be replaced, by independents not currently involved in management of WT, Wests Ashfield or Holman-Barnes.
  • Justin Pascoe to be removed as CEO, and a replacement CEO to be appointed by our new board. The current board does not have the remit to successfully appoint a new CEO (an interim appointment from within the club is acceptable during this transition period)
  • WT members to be given a voice to the board, and potentially the ability to vote for WT board members or have a representative on the board. Several clubs utilise a variety of different approaches to this. Research and discussion with all key stakeholders (including members!!) is required and a new form of governance implemented at WT, with accountability enshrined throughout.
  • All board members to be limited to a maximum tenure of 5 years without finals football. After which, mandatory resignations must take place, with no scope for future re-admittance to the board.

It is noted that currently WT members have no say in the running of the club however due to the extreme incompetence and negligence of club management, resulting in back to back spoons and currently being in year 11 of our first (of four) 4 year strategic plans, we must protest to ensure our voices are heard, and that the necessary changes are made to ensure the survival and future success of the club. Those who create our visions and strategies don't have the correct vision or the commitment to their ideas to see any strategies through. It's all reactive changes, no planning or foresight, even with our juniors. While I believe we're heading in the right direction with our squad, I'm not so sure with our coaches, hopefully some new leaders can ensure we get it right this time.

We will not rest until the required changes have been made and you are no longer associated with Wests Tigers, or Holman Barnes group in any manner.

Regards

Last edited:
Ricky uses "hotmail" ?
Okay
Yes, he does.

While reluctant to use a personal account he doesn't seem to have an official email from the Tigers or Magpies, at least none that have been publically disclosed, and he has shared his email and mobile number in a variety of football discussions for those wanting to contact him, so i guess he's happy for people to contact him on it. I won't post any mobiles here though in case they are used inappropriately.

I used to work with Julie Romero. I can’t believe she is on the board. She never held a senior position and was made redundant, I am sure, because she was one of the lesser performers. Just goes to show how badly we are run.

I used to work with Julie Romero. I can’t believe she is on the board. She never held a senior position and was made redundant, I am sure, because she was one of the lesser performers. Just goes to show how badly we are run.
Our board is made up of oldies with great intentions no doubt, but not the professional skillset to run a club.
Romero, Stapleton, Wayde, Burgess. Like what professional organisation has people of such skillsets running a club.

If it were the Leichhardt Wanderers or some local footy club, then sure, those who are passionate and willing to help are welcomed. In a professional organisation though, there's a big difference in what's required.

Their likely response

Here is an example of an email i've drafted, feel free to incorporate any parts of this as you like.

Dear XXXX

It is with all due respect that we, the members and fans of Wests Tigers hereby call upon you to play your part in instigating the following changes and then resign from the board, immediately.

Your failure is extensive and your position is untenable. No organisation can tolerate such extreme failure and the incompetency that has been displayed for over a decade is outrageous. While your service to the club is appreciated you are no longer required to be a member of the WT board, or the Holman-Barnes group. The members of this club will not tolerate your failures any longer. You have humiliated us long enough.

While it's not our preferred means to have to communicate this to you directly in such a manner, the complete failure of the board to establish any accountability of any kind, to exclude members from the running of the club entirely means we have no voice, no channel of communication. There are no means for us to communicate with the board (other than a complete financial and personal withdrawal from the club, which would destroy it). HENCE WE ARE NOW LEFT WITH NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO OVERTHROW YOU VIA THIS VERY NECCESSARY REVOLUTION WHICH WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THE NECESSARY CHANGES HAVE OCCURED.

Our demands include:
  • The current independent review of the club must cover all aspects of the club, focusing on decision making and what's required from a board in the involvement of the commercial and football departments. The club has a culture of complacency and incompetence, which has spread like a virus. All departments to be included in the review.
  • Lee Hagipantelis to be placed under an immediate media ban. He's caused enough embarrassment to the club, it's members and brand reputation almost every time he opens his mouth. This must stop IMMEDIATELY! He is loathed by the vast majority of members, such egocentric leaders have no place at a small humble club like our.
  • Recent reports suggest Lee has been extended as chairman for three years, despite there currently being a review of the entire club. Such gross negligence is a massive insult to everyone at the club, such extreme unprofessionalism cannot be tolerated. All involved in this decision must resign.
  • Lee Hagipantelis and all long serving Wests Tigers board members to stand down and be replaced, by independents not currently involved in management of WT, Wests Ashfield or Holman-Barnes.
  • Justin Pascoe to be removed as CEO, and a replacement CEO to be appointed by our new board. The current board does not have the ability to successfully appoint a new CEO (an interim appointment from within the club is acceptable during this transition period)
  • WT members to be given a voice to the board, and potentially the ability to vote for WT board members or have a representative on the board. Several clubs utilise a variety of different approaches to this. Research and discussion with all key stakeholders (including members!!) is required and a new form of governance implemented at WT, with accountability enshrined throughout.
  • All board members to be limited to a maximum tenure of 5 years without finals football. After which, mandatory resignations must take place, with no scope for future re-admittance to the board.

It is noted that currently WT members have no say in the running of the club however due to the extreme incompetence and negligence of club management, resulting in back to back spoons and currently being in year 11 of our first (of four) 4 year plans, we must protest to ensure our voices are heard, and that the necessary changes are made to ensure the survival and future success of the club.

We will not rest until the required changes have been made and you are no longer associated with Wests Tigers, or Holman Barnes group in any manner.

Regards

I thought shes some lame lefty ABC stand up comic

Stupid childish counter productive idea.

The petition served this purpose in a respectful way that gains results. if your desired result is to piss them off, bravo, you probably will momentarily but this isnt going to effect change.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Stupid childish counter productive idea.

The petition served this purpose in a respectful way that gains results. if your desired result is to piss them off, bravo, you probably will momentarily but this isnt going to effect change.
I dont know......maybe once the media get hold of it and start to try and ask some questions

Timing is probably not real good here however.....GF week and all that...the probably shouldve been done a few weeks back

I dont know......maybe once the media get hold of it and start to try and ask some questions
At best, and what is the answer going to be? "We have commissioned an independent review". The petition has already achieved a result, going about this the right way.

All this can achieve is bad blood and potentially bad media publicity, for no new reason and for no possible return.

Lose/Lose.

Timing is probably not real good here however.....GF week and all that...the probably shouldve been done a few weeks back
Pointless then as well, the petition was already the right way to do it.

Depends on what questions they will ask....but if they get your answer "We have commissioned an independent review". ....then the journos just hit back with "Why was Lee re-elected before the independant reviw had veen conducted, what was the rush etc etc...focus on the Chairs re-election

Depends on what questions they will ask....but if they get your answer "We have commissioned an independent review". ....then the journos just hit back with "Why was Lee re-elected before the independant reviw had veen conducted, what was the rush etc etc...focus on the Chairs re-election
and the Board's response:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
We've got 5 fingers
The middle one's for you

At best, and what is the answer going to be? "We have commissioned an independent review". The petition has already achieved a result, going about this the right way.

All this can achieve is bad blood and potentially bad media publicity, for no new reason and for no possible return.

Lose/Lose.

Pointless then as well, the petition was already the right way to do it.
The petition gets a review of the organisation itself, football. It will not advise that the current board all stand down, which is what we need (save Dorahy who's only new).

The board is the problem, everyone knows it. They themselves think they're a protected species, we need to remind them how awful and incompetent they are. That's the only way you generate change.

Do you really think the review will do anything other than maybe at best advise that Pascoe stands down? The point is the Muppets that keep making the decisions keep getting wrong, with no consequences

With change in the wind, a review in place, now is the last chance to express our concerns for a while. We need to have our voice heard. Once the new setup is established the opportunity will be gone for a few more years at least.

Last edited:
And hopefully everyone that has been upset and frustrated that the board continue to screw the club over voice their concerns.

If they only get a handful of emails they can brush it more easily than if they get hundreds

Latest posts

Members online

Back