Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

Really? Al I said was that he was right about them two And he was!
I didn't try and give him credit for anything.

Which comment havn't i stood up for?
Ill tell you after you tell me what Cavanaghs complaints to ASIC were for and how they went.

Uh huh....Ok......on the day that the HBG had a board meeting. So let me get this straight, on the day that the HBG had a board meeting, and the WT board did not have a meeting, 4 people that were members of the WT board but also the HBG board and were present at the HBG board meeting that day......"sacked themselves". Not he day before or after the HBG board meeting.

Want to buy a bridge?
not here to bicker with you Gun, just pointing out that the WT board did indeed sack themselves. Andreacchio is the Chairman of the HBG and fell on his WT sword, as did Romero, Burgess and Wayde. I'm not sure what else there is to say.

not here to bicker with you Gun, just pointing out that the WT board did indeed sack themselves. Andreacchio is the Chairman of the HBG and fell on his WT sword, as did Romero, Burgess and Wayde. I'm not sure what else there is to say.
From the official WT statement....

"Holman Barnes Group Chairman Tony Andreacchio said the shareholders had accepted the recommendations of the review to appoint an interim Chairman and interim Chief Executive Officer to take the club forward.

The Wests Magpies and the Balmain Tigers said they fully support the refresh aimed at delivering long-term success for the club.

Mr Andreacchio said the key changes were:
  • Former Premier Barry O’Farrell will be interim Chairman. Mr O’Farrell was previously Wests Tigers Chairman in 2019 before taking up a role as High Commissioner to India
  • Shane Richardson will be interim Chief Executive Officer. Mr Richardson has more than 30 years’ experience in club management. He was CEO of the Penrith Panthers from 2002-2004 with the club winning the Premiership in 2003. He was also CEO of the South Sydney Rabbitohs from 2004 to 2015, with the club winning the Premiership in 2014.
  • A new interim Board has been appointed to oversee the implementation of the review recommendations. The Board has been reduced from seven members to four for the interim phase. The interim Board will be comprised of Mr O’Farrell (Chairman), and a representative of each of the three Wests Tigers shareholders – Dave Gilbert (Holman Barnes), Danny Stapleton (Balmain Tigers Chairman) and a nomination from the Wests Magpies."
The "key Changes" were made by the Holman Barnes Group....on the day of THEIR board meeting, on the day that the WT board did NOT meet..........I'm not sure what else there is to say except......"they didnt sack themselves"

Wow just wow re Lee comments.
The guy just doesn't get why majority wanted him out.

Like seriously you just shut up and if you really supported the club like he has said so you get on and keep the club in a positive light.

The crap he talks about re player managers I wonder if he actually reassured them or said mate they are lost don’t move your players to the club.

Benji has been open about keeping club stuff in house and Lee 1st crack name drops him in a conversation.

Glad he will be clear of the club. Has shown his true colors. Such a selfish person.
Yeah. But the problem is mate, he is right. It shows why the HBG team have to step away from running the club.

Not managing lee's exit well is amateur hour again. He's not just a major sponsor, but has a presence in the media. They could have at least let him have a say in the review.

I assume they could have been voted off by the other Board members. I haven't seen their Charter but I would assume a certain number of votes will remove a Director.

HBG held a 4-person voting block on the 7-person WT Board:
Tony Andreacchio
Julie Romero
Denny Burgess
Rick Wayde

It was previously a 5-person block when Simon Cook was on the Board and Rick Wayde was officially the Wests Magpies appointee. Rick Wayde managed to be Magpies rep because HBG also hold (still) a voting block at the Magpies level - including how they removed Shannon Cavanagh.

I am not clear if John Dorahy became the new Wests Magpies rep when Simon Cook stepped down; either way HBG can control the WT Board as a block.

The independent members were Lee H and Danny Stapleton, which was obviously somewhat of a farce because Lee was also the major sponsor and Danny is Balmain down to his bones.

So if any of the HBG members refused to step down, the other members should have been able to vote to remove them. The controversy/trouble would have been that HBG Directors would have to vote against their own people, and Lee H could have teamed up with sufficient disenfranchised HBG Directors to block the move. I am going to assume that HBG unanimously agreed to vote to remove themselves and therefore any other votes were moot.

Also to note now, Danny Stapleton has been reappointed as a new Director, officially now as Balmain rep rather than independent, and HBG's new appointee is Dave Gilbert who replaced Mike Bailey when he died. Magpies haven't appointed their rep yet - it remains to be seen whether HBG will put another of their own people on via their Magpies control, or maintain face and appoint an entirely new person.
So you're saying, if someone refused to step down, they could be punted whether they liked it or not?

Love Lee's comments today...

All last three years it's been 'pascoe has nothing to do with football operations'.

Now, he's crucial to Benji and the success of football operations.

I assume he was also crucial to the other 6 or so coaches that have been appointed under Pascoe.

Boy, what is Benji going to do without Pascoe?

Love Lee's comments today...

All last three years it's been 'pascoe has nothing to do with football operations'.

Now, he's crucial to Benji and the success of football operations.

I assume he was also crucial to the other 6 or so coaches that have been appointed under Pascoe.

Boy, what is Benji going to do without Pascoe?
Employing Fulton - that really worked well for Benji.

Two football brains, wouldn’t hurt to have them both at WT.
Yes, both know the game from different angles.
Well we have one of them, at least !
Interesting listen, but sounds like his business is quite diverse and time consuming, wondering why he would want to jump back into the day to day management of an NRL club ?
I would imagine that Rich Digital will get an agreement with WT, and he will be paid a significant fee but still somewhat of a surprise.
Let’s hope he can show us the way.

Yes, both know the game from different angles.
Well we have one of them, at least !
Interesting listen, but sounds like his business is quite diverse and time consuming, wondering why he would want to jump back into the day to day management of an NRL club ?
I would imagine that Rich Digital will get an agreement with WT, and he will be paid a significant fee but still somewhat of a surprise.
Let’s hope he can show us the way.
It's a worry to me that he's running a business and has his job with us.
He's a great administrator but he's human so will he decide at the end of his 6 month tenure that it's all too hard.

Wests Magpies Pty Ltd own 90% of Wests Tigers Rugby League Pty Ltd. BTRLFC own 10%.

Holman Barnes are majority owners of Wests Tigers Rugby League Pty Ltd, via their 66% stake in Wests Magpies Pty Ltd. WSDRLFC own 33% of Wests Magpies Pty Ltd.

So will this change now?
I don't see why it would - changing the board does not change ownership of the club. The only way that will change is if any of the shareholders sell off part or all of their share.

I think the way this review has played out we can write off 2024 already… this has taken the wind out of the sails of Benji… he was a fan of Pascoe and Lee…I hope Richo is full time CEO and they piss off Barry, he is useless as a chair….2025 and beyond once this crap is forgotten we may be on track to make a finals run

Latest posts

Staff online

Back