Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

For someone who’s supposedly business minded, he’s going to look like a twat if he comes back and re-injures himself and leaves himself with nothing. If he had a brain, he’d take the offer, then spend the rest of this year and next, working towards earning the money he used to.
You are assuming that the club does not panic and immediately increases the offer before he comes back.

A common refrain from Tigers fans is "X isn't first grade standard" but look at how many of our cast offs are playing in the NRL. Junior Pauga is case in point. While he's no world beater, he's doing a very respectable job for the Roosters.

A common refrain from Tigers fans is "X isn't first grade standard" but look at how many of our cast offs are playing in the NRL. Junior Pauga is case in point. While he's no world beater, he's doing a very respectable job for the Roosters.
Its an easy comment to make, however, ill counter by saying SOMETIMES people need to be more patient with some players, whilst other times some players just need to be around better players to become anything.
Not all the "greats" are there by 22. A lot of them are not only mentally still kids, but physically also.

Correct. I suspect they want him to walk.
quite possibly. I also just think it’s a fair value for him without playing a game. If he comes back and plays well, they’ll probably offer him more. We certainly don’t need another half though…

Reactions: 851
Are we acting like 150k is some life changing amount of money these days? He would probably just go into real estate and start doing investment properties like most of the ones who retire early do. Would earn way more than the 150k.
No need to nitpick

Pauga is a good example of a player who can be a serviceble, budget squad player in a good system, surrounded by talent. Eisenhuth is another. There are a stack of Paugas and Eisenhuths around, they are just the lucky ones to land gigs at their respective clubs.

They look very, very sub standard at clubs like the Tigers.

One call out is that the halfback part isn't a quote whereas everything else has a quote so would wonder what he actually said

Reactions: 851
This I agree with, I am surprised more haven't pointed it out. Doesn't even want 6, dude now sees himself as a 7.
The article makes that claim, yet there is no quote from AD saying that.

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

Got the 1 million dollar man coming and the future of the club, in Galvin... Latu and Bud. We don't need any more halves it seems.

The article makes that claim, yet there is no quote from AD saying that.

Strange article.
Strange suggestion.

Got the 1 million dollar man coming and the future of the club, in Galvin... Latu and Bud. We don't need any more halves it seems.
Probably said something along the lines of he sees himself as a half, and someone took that to mean halfback

Back