The clubs next moves

razor7

Assuming the announcement comes that they are gone what do posters think the next short term moves from the club should be. Clearly there is a shattered fanbase who need positive action from the club. What should that be?

Get some big name signings asap. Cleary looked pretty coy when they mentioned a backup plan . Could be a fun couple of weeks of we nail some big ones.

Pray for an earthquake to swallow this club up so we can start again from scratch

Dump the 3 dogs to reserves for starters, will not be cheering any of these maggots on.

Looks for quality replacements, Cleary has full control of recruitment and he has done it twice before at the Warriors and the Panthers so we need to be patient and have full confidence in him.

@ said:
Pray for an earthquake to swallow this club up so we can start again from scratch

With Tedesco, Woods and Moses out of the way the club is starting up. The earthquake won't happen and the club won't be swallowed up.

With the huge available CAP money and the huge amount of off contract talent available Wests Tigers will have much better team of players and coach than it has had since 2010.

@ said:
@ said:

With Tedesco, Woods and Moses out of the way the club is starting up. The earthquake won't happen and the club won't be swallowed up.

With the huge available CAP money and the huge amount of off contract talent available Wests Tigers will have much better team of players and coach than it has had since 2010.

We will see Newtown , I can't see us attracting anyone of calibre

To attract talent you need some talent and it just walked out the door

No one will risk their careers at the Tigers , even the supposed 100% sured up Matulino has come out in the last 24 hours and said he isn't signed

Get Cronk throw 1.5 at him for 2 years with the option for the 2 yr in his favour, we got McQueen, get matalino veto from the warriors then get Widdop from the queens now get Cronk to mentor brooks in the halfs throw Widdop to fullback if Cronk doesn't want to go around in that second year move Widdop up to 5/8\. We are also getting milone from the dragons apparently so all we will need is a good couple of big wingers and put nofa back to fullback see problem solved, woods who, Tedesco who

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

No one will risk their careers at the Tigers , even the supposed 100% sured up Matulino has come out in the last 24 hours and said he isn't signed

You've been in an extremely negative mood recently.

Well we're giving 2017 the flop. Let's just build towards 2018/2019\. I have no doubt Cleary will give the boys a hard pre-season this Summer and hopefully that gets them in the right spirits plus we'll *hopefully* be boosted by some quality signings.

Club needs to come out today and make it official if they are gone led by Pacoe
Then Cleary should come on and state clearly he is talks with 2 , 3 or more players and we have got offers on the table for these players , don't need names just players we are looking at in key positions .
He should also state where we are with Woods as current Captain course this is going to be a major concern for everyone

Go into recruitment overdrive to lock in a fullback and 5/8 for next year and then start conditioning those players who are staying to adopt a style of play that will suit the new spine. If we were dopey enough to sign Dugan then Tedesco becomes a battering ram for the rest of the year because that's all Dugan is. Drop the reliance on sweep plays because Dugan won't be passing anyway. If we sign a running 5/8 then Moses hands the dominant play making role to Brooks. It's not punishment for those players, it's just getting some value out of a season that has been derailed while continuing to attempt to be competitive by fielding the best players available.

@ said:
Club needs to come out today and make it official if they are gone led by Pacoe
Then Cleary should come on and state clearly he is talks with 2 , 3 or more players and we have got offers on the table for these players , don't need names just players we are looking at in key positions .
He should also state where we are with Woods as current Captain course this is going to be a major concern for everyone

Whilst I agree with what you've posted, I think it goes without saying that everyone knows the tigers are going to be in a recruitment drive. The coach has credibility and will be an attraction to plenty out there. I don't see it as a necessity that it be announced formally. I completely agree that Woods should have the captaincy stripped from him immediately. The whole thing stinks but calm heads at the top should be able to get things heading in the right direction. I'm stunned Woods is leaving. Disappointed Ted is going and in a weird way pleased Moses is which is contrary to my opinion a few weeks back. But that goes to show that over time things seem to change. Once they're gone and we win a few, which right now seems like an almost impossible task, then all will be OK.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Settle down mate for your own sake

Options simple KS , Mods aren't happy with what I'm saying or doing throw me out

Stop the tough guy attitude mate. Im not having a go at u, im trying to help u. Your losing your cool. I can feel your rage through your posts. Its not healthy. Rugby League means nothing in life. It's a side distraction from the real troubles we all face, nothing more.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Respectfully, that's garbage. Hottest young property in the game Kalyn Ponga signed for the Knights straight after a season in which they won one game. Players will go where the money is for the most part. Sure there'll be some, especially those at the back end of their careers, who won't want to be part of a rebuild. But there are countless examples of good players signing for teams that have been poor and there's no reason to think the Tigers' money won't be considered just as good as anyone else's.

Like everyone else is saying, a couple of big signings in key positions and we'll have a well rounded team. The Raiders lost Milford and tried but failed to sign Tedesco and someone else I think it was Proctor or Tamou. Now look at them. The Roosters lost Tuivasa-Sheck. Lots of team lose really good players. With the cap space and the coach we have we can poach some big name talent ourselves.

I personal;ly would be looking at your players from the 20s comp and signing them for this year and maybe next year blooding them and seeing if we can find a diamond in the rough so to speak.

Latest posts

Back