The Darius Boyd Media non-interview

Balmain_Bug

Deadset dudes,

I bet he will regret this for a long long time.

What an idiot.

His club the Dragons should fine him for being so stupid.

Could you imagine Benji behaving like that ??

described by Mike Gibson from the 'back page' as the worst he has ever seen.

Darius Boyd I am glad you do not play for the Wests Tigers.

This is what he said, but get onto FOX and check out the whole interview. It comes across real bad on TV.
\
\
\
Below is a transcript of Boyd's short press conference in Wollongong on Tuesday:

Q: Up against the Broncos, excited about facing your old mates?

A: Yeah, can't wait.

Q: That excited?

A: Yep.

Q: Did you watch them play last week?

A: No I didn't.

Q: What's the strategy going into the game?

A: We'll decide that on Wednesday I suppose.

Q: Happy to score another try, it was a good one?

A: Yeah, it was good, eh.

Q: Second one of the season, it's taken a while, you must be keen to be coming into form at the right time of the season.

A: No it was good.

Q: What are your thoughts on the way your team is going at the moment Darius?

A: Um, yeah, it was pretty good, eh.

Q: Are you fair dinkum?

A: Yeah.

Good on him.

Scumbag journos have absolutely no problem hounding and berating players whenever the stumble, yet expect a poignant, candid interview when it suits them.

To hell with them, good on Boyd for giving them nothing.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
Good on him.

Scumbag journos have absolutely no problem hounding and berating players whenever the stumble, yet expect a poignant, candid interview when it suits them.

It was a planned pre-organised interview and the Dragons sent Boyd as it was his turn. There was nothing candid about it.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
Good on him.

The players have the responsibility to promote the game via such interviews. These interviews create interest, are on the news, and hence keep the game in the minds of everyone. From post-match interviews, the AFL players are very responsive to questions, so its another thing rugby league has to improve on.

I like the fact players like Hindmarsh are always mucking around in interviews, creates a very good image for the game. This crap, on the other hand, just plays into the stereotype that rugby league players and numbskulls.

I love the irony of Wayne Bennett cracking down on a player for not saying enough in an interview…

These players or coaches like Bennett who think they are just shortchanging the media because once a long time ago they got their panties in a bunch over some nothing story about them that was probably true anyway e.g. Boyd and the nightclub incident, Bennett and the Talbot cash handouts. But in reality they are short changing the rugby league public and treating us like fools. I'm never too interested to hear what comes out of Boyd's mouth to be honest but he should show a lot more respect to the fans out there (it would only be St George fans who are hanging on every word anyway) He just came accross as a spoilt little kid.

@Juro said:
I love the irony of Wayne Bennett cracking down on a player for not saying enough in an interview…

Bennett is probably annoyed with him for using actual words and not just grunts.

I would have thought experienced journalists would have the skill to ask questions that can't simply be answered either 'yes' or 'no'. Six of the seven questions could have been answered with one word.

Even if his first answer was brief, couldn't they just ask him to expand on his answer? And if he didn't give any worthwhile answers, couldn't they just find someone else there to interview? Seems like pretty lazy journalism…

Golden rule when conducting an interview(of any kind)…don't ask closed questions!...and I didn't study Journalism!!

Public relations is important when codes are competing for support and dollars- Boyd is a wank-r. It wasn't even funny.

The bloke is the biggest pretender out there….........how does he get picked for Australia???????

The part I find funny is that interviews with footy players are so hollow, formulaic and meaningless that there is an uproar when somebody doesn't want to play along.

No player is going to say they were unhappy to score a try, not excited to be playing their old club etc. The footy player interview has been a fill-in-the-blanks, journos-need-quotes non-event for a while now.

I don't like Boyd. But there was never an expectation that he would say something profound or insightful anyway - no footy player does or is trained to - so who cares if he didn't want to play nice.

i dont mind what he did, his name was tarnished in the media before any evidence came out of the situation in the brisbane night club, so i applaude him and tim cahill and the like for not giving them the time or the interviews they want when THEY want something positive, i mean what he did to them is nothing to what they did to him, they effectively labelled him a rapist what do u expect him to do after that happens

how can you bag him.
i thought it was the greatest player interview of all time (apart from heighno after the 05 grand final ofcourse).
the real joke is how much we've heard about it.
get a life.

Back