The end of the corner post

Great rule change if you ask me, although it may have made for some very exciting tries with players trying to get around it, it has also stopped hundreds of tries.

Thats a senisble rule change. Even though we have seen some great tries around the post, it just doesn't make sense to have it in play.

There are some other changes needed like the grounding of the ball via other parts of your body than the hands.

They have certainly provided some unbelievable tries.

But remember, to every try that becomes epic because of the corner post, another 10 are disallowed because an elbow on a knee got to the corner post a frame before the ball hit the line.

Be interesting to see if there is a sudden influx of points scored per game, you'd like to think this makes scoring a try a hell of a lot easier.

Finally!!, but i have to ask why now? why do they change these rules mid season especially when the change directly effects a try or no try situation, are they going to give the sides 4 points that so far this season have had tries disallowed from taking the corner post while grounding the ball. I like the rule change but changing it now potentially could cost a team a top 8 position.

Back