The forward pass try.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@MacDougall said:
Bunker should have just ruled on it. It was too obvious to turn a blind eye to.

They can't rule on forward passes, as obvious as it was.

I know it's a game of ifs and buts but you take out that try and Koro's try and we win.

I wonder if anyone in the bunker would have the guts to say I can't rule on the forward pass, but Harris was offside!!!!!!

@Masterton said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.

There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
I didn't think we were dubbed by the Refs.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one
Refs are always the biggest excuses here.

The try we scored off the Vuni mistake came off a play you could arguably say we took one of their players out from the bomb. If that had been the other way around the forum would have blown up. We got some bad calls, but we had 1 or 2 go our way as well.

We also got two undeserved penalties for high shots. Refs might have been poor, but not one-sided.

Both were clear penalties. Soft but would have been penalised for the last three years.

Woods didnt strip. Koro tried to offload. In every other game, it would have been rightly called a dropped ball.

Maxwell dislikes us and has for 5 years. It was his usual rubbish. 4th and 5th tackle 50/50 penalties against us.

The forward pass was a disgrace.

Did we lose the game because of the refs? No. But once again we copped the rough end of the pineapple.

@Geo. said:
Koro lost the ball though..it just happened to end in Woods possession …seen plenty of those called loose carries this year..if it hits the deck ...Scrum..

As for the NFL TRY...you could almost hear Patton in the Bunker not want to give it...

some one in the bunker needs to have the cajones to say 'well there was an obvious forward pass but we can't rule on that so I guess it's a … um... try or something?'

It was a shocking call by the Ref. So dodgy. Even the Channel 9 commentators were that baffled by it they were laughing.
It's about time Buckets and JT did a please explain to the Refs about these calls.

@southerntiger said:
@Masterton said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one

The try we scored off the Vuni mistake came off a play you could arguably say we took one of their players out from the bomb. If that had been the other way around the forum would have blown up. We got some bad calls, but we had 1 or 2 go our way as well.

We also got two undeserved penalties for high shots. Refs might have been poor, but not one-sided.

Both were clear penalties. Soft but would have been penalised for the last three years.

Woods didnt strip. Koro tried to offload. In every other game, it would have been rightly called a dropped ball.

Maxwell dislikes us and has for 5 years. It was his usual rubbish. 4th and 5th tackle 50/50 penalties against us.

The forward pass was a disgrace.

Did we lose the game because of the refs? No. But once again we copped the rough end of the pineapple

@goldtiger said:
The cooper cronk forward pass to harris to score in the first half. No excuses our first half was poor. But at the time i thought great another 6 points they will beat us by. But at the end of the game i was left asking myself, what if the pass had been called forward. Instead of 20-26 it would have been 20 all with everything going our way.

This game could have been ours if the refs made the correct call.

All that said our first half was well below nrl standard. JT needs to get fair up the boys in the video session this week

Silly statement. Had the pass been called forward everything from then on would have been different., good or bad. We may have gone the length of the field on our first tackle afterwards. We may have knocked on, we may have thrown an intercept. Tedesco may have done his knee on the next set causing us to implode and lose by 50.

Ive said it before, unless the game is level at full time and a side scores because of an incorrect decision on the final play you can never blame a referee. It really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Must ask what the hell the two touchies were doing? How could one not see that?

Also must say… Cooper Cronk passing off the ground with someone still holding onto him... Umm??

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
@southerntiger said:
A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.

That strip was a joke.

Harris deliberately changed his line in an attempt to block Moses - if anything that should have been a penalty our way.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Storms first try came from a play where Cameron Smith ran a ring around Chris Lawrence then threw a pass out to his waiting attacking line and Kaufusi scored.

This should have gone to the bunker, as running in a circle around Chris Lawrence must have impeded his chance of tackling Smith at some point or other.

Of course, I suppose that the obstruction rules don't apply to Cameron Smith.

Gee that was a poor refereeing performance - simple as that. And nothing will be done about it.

And to add to that I thought the referereeing performance in our first game against Melbourne was disgraceful but Today eclipsed that.

It was a mile forward. I was there and the touchy on the eastern side was looking up at the replay. He had that look - stoney, cold, f$@k, I missed it look.
That being said, the way we were playing in the first half we likely would have dropped it from the scrum and let them score in the next six.
We need to learn to hang in a bit tougher when things aren't going our way. You can't give up 26 points in 40 minutes and expect to win.
Great effort in the second 40 though. We had them on the ropes and it was getting up the noses of the Storm fans around me. Loved it

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
@southerntiger said:
A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.

That strip was a joke.

you could arguably say that the player who got taken out was actually blocking the tiger player coming through. I was sitting up the other end and I thought that he got what he deserved running sideways from where he was.

To be honest, I thought both sides got away with forward passes but Melbourne got away with more.

@foreverbalmain said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
That strip was a joke.

you could arguably say that the player who got taken out was actually blocking the tiger player coming through. I was sitting up the other end and I thought that he got what he deserved running sideways from where he was.

No way in the world we should have been penalised for that. Harris had no eyes for the ball and simply came across as a blocker. Same thing happened to us against Souths and we rightly had a try against us as a result.

@glebe_tiger said:
Who else but the Storm with more dodgy decisions against us. Just like Leichhardt but this game we were pretty much beaten at half time. I like the rest of us am glad that they responded and fought in the second half and made a game of it.

All too late of course, but at least they did make a match of it :righton:

@GNR4LIFE said:
@MacDougall said:
Bunker should have just ruled on it. It was too obvious to turn a blind eye to.

They can't rule on forward passes, as obvious as it was.

I know it's a game of ifs and buts but you take out that try and Koro's try and we win.

The bunker can technically call the receiving player offside.

For something THAT obvious, Calling offside on the receiving player would be the correct decision.

Love to see Cameron Smith try to weasel his way out of that decision.

smith got away with a heap of forward pass yesterday, beats me how the refs miss them.

Members online

Back