The forward pass try.

Cooper literally passed the ball to Lawrence. I think Lawrence was in shock the ball was actually passed to him instead of the Storm player, impact his judgement on a potential intercept.

How does it not ring alarm bells in the eyes of referees?

It was a bad call, but it happens. Brooks has got away with some bad ones too, but he still gets called up for most.

Blight on the game. Touchie will most likely be dropped but cold comfort to the team that is disadvantaged.

What really gets my goat though, is the way that Melbourne always seem to get the 50/50 calls go their way while we always seem to get them go against us. So the outcome for the other incidents mentioned here don't surprise me, it was always going to pan out that way.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
@southerntiger said:
A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.

That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.

There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
I didn't think we were dubbed by the Refs.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one
Refs are always the biggest excuses here.

Ah Gold Coast another excuse to bag the team.

Watch that call closely. Koro passes the ball out the back and manages to give it to Woods. Play on. No strip.

:brick:

@bp tiger said:
smith got away with a heap of forward pass yesterday, beats me how the refs miss them.

Cameron Smith controls the game, not the ref's. He has far too much influence, he shouldn't but he does.
How often does he get penalised in a year for slowing the play the ball down, lying on players etc.

A lot less than all other players

@magpiecol said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@criwdfluffer said:
@southerntiger said:
A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.

That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.

There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
I didn't think we were dubbed by the Refs.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one
Refs are always the biggest excuses here.

Ah Gold Coast another excuse to bag the team.

Watch that call closely. Koro passes the ball out the back and manages to give it to Woods. Play on. No strip.

Ah, Col that's your opinion, would be penalised any time
:brick:

Not an excuse for anything, every game the refs are the ones responsible according some here

When a pass is that far forward I would think that the player receiving the ball could be in front of the passer. I'd love to see an aerial. Whilst they can't rule on forward pass they can if the player is in front and offside

I love a video ref say when making his judgement "I don't know how you missed that forward pass , but I have to rule try "

I was in Melbourne for the week for work and leisure and took in the match. First time there i sat with a group of about 10 WT fans.
The pass was thrown forward offside it was a bad one.
Also i was in line a pass to Lawrence called back during 1 of our only attacking passages in the 1st half and the pass looked good.
Also Koros intercept try Melbourne was so far off side that should have been penalised.

No excuses our 1st half display was woeful mainly dur to Mitch and Nofa but that doesn't give the referee license to stuff up.
It was only a few weeks ago we were denied a penalty try against same team to loose.

But the overriding feeling i had was RL is made for these out of town teams. It was like we were just there to make a game of it.
That is why Taylors tactics won't work. You see the genius of Sheens in 05 was he invented a style the HQ wanted that was watched which forced the NRL to give us a good deal. This grinding style won't win us many friends in high places because teams like Melbourne play it and at the end of the day they are more important to the NRL all things being equal.

^^^Hahaha no excuses except. …the entire NRL organisation is corrupt and not just favors out of town teams but actively helps them win.....

What about Cameron Smith running in front of his teammate who has just played the ball, then runs behind the players with Chris lawrence there to make a tackle and passes the ball to a teammate and the eventually score. It happens week in, week out. The storm get more beneficial calls than any other team in the comp. It does my head in. I hate Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater with a passion and can't wait till they all hang up the boots.

@stryker said:
^^^Hahaha no excuses except. …the entire NRL organisation is corrupt and not just favors out of town teams but actively helps them win.....

Well Stryker,all I can say is 4 officials on the ground and the bunker,yet the pass was that forward the guys in the bar could have caught it,I definitely have NO confidence in the NRL organisation,they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel with 2 -$100.00 notes in my hand..
:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Archers done s video summary of the ref decisions on the NRL app

He straight up said it was an on field blunder.

No mention of any of the officials being reprimanded though.

Seriously why have sideline officials these days, they never make a 50/50 call let alone a blatant forward pass anymore. I remember as young fella the touchie wouldn't hesitate to make a call.

Protected species ,- I can handle a blunder, can't prevent them but when there are four officials on the field and not one sees something that stood out like dogs b%&'' and most of the fans, and viewers saw it too - well you have to ask the question?

@Tiger Tim said:
What about Cameron Smith running in front of his teammate who has just played the ball, then runs behind the players with Chris lawrence there to make a tackle and passes the ball to a teammate and the eventually score. It happens week in, week out. The storm get more beneficial calls than any other team in the comp. It does my head in. I hate Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater with a passion and can't wait till they all hang up the boots.

Not just that what about the field goal they kicked!! Our marker ran out to try and block the attempt from the Melbourne cheating storm. Then the storm player ran out of his way to get in front of our chaser, a definite change of direction from the cheaters and knocked him over.
Right in front of the horsehead…..

@lathami said:
@Tiger Tim said:

Not just that what about the field goal they kicked!! Our marker ran out to try and block the attempt from the Melbourne cheating storm. Then the storm player ran out of his way to get in front of our chaser, a definite change of direction from the cheaters and knocked him over.

We lost by 9 right ?? :crazy

@happy tiger said:
@lathami said:
@Tiger Tim said:

Sorry I didn't allow for the queenslander mental ability or lack of it!
Let me dumb it down for you, the field goal worth 1 point got them out of reach as they were now 7 points in front. More than a converted try in front.
Which made it almost too hard to reach with 4-6 minutes to go!!!! Effectively winning them the game!
Is that ok delirious/happy, do u require more help???

And also on quite a few occasions storm players got very late offloads away when it looked as though forward momentum had stopped.
Even if we played a good 1st half my feelings at he ground were we weren't going to be allowed to win.
Its a fortress not designed for clubs like ours.

And just watching replay it gets worse.
1\. Cronk clearly passes ball off the ground around 2nd mi .
2.Rankin denied an opportunity to make a tackle on storm winger after a bomb is clearly Shepherded after storm winger takes ball.

3\. Smith walking on players after making tackle to get to marker when he should be penalised for not rolling away.

No wonder they had so much momentum.

@lathami said:
@happy tiger said:
@lathami said:
@Tiger Tim said:

Sorry I didn't allow for the queenslander mental ability or lack of it!
Let me dumb it down for you, the field goal worth 1 point got them out of reach as they were now 7 points in front. More than a converted try in front.
Which made it almost too hard to reach with 4-6 minutes to go!!!! Effectively winning them the game!
Is that ok delirious/happy, do u require more help???

Using the wonderful logic would be fine IF we had scored to make it 29-26

Sorry chump (I mean sorry champ) try another tin hat theory

Members online

Back